ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitalizations for Covid and With Covid

816_Cane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
What most people deathly afraid of corona don’t understand about the hospitalization numbers is hospitalizations for coronavirus and hospitalizations with coronavirus. I’ve said it a few times today you have to understand nuance to see the full picture. (This also applies to deaths but that is a whole different story)

“40% of the people that come into Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade’s largest hospital network, for non-COVID-related medical needs like car accidents or childbirth are testing positive.”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...ted/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

That is a much different story than what the fear-mongers would have you believe.

Also, no surprise the positivity ratio is completely made up as well since negative tests aren’t required to be reported in many instances.

https://alachuachronicle.com/covid-...istic-because-not-all-negatives-are-reported/

Last edited:
What most people deathly afraid of corona don’t understand about the hospitalization numbers is hospitalizations for coronavirus and hospitalizations with coronavirus. I’ve said it a few times today you have to understand nuance to see the full picture. (This also applies to deaths but that is a whole different story)

“40% of the people that come into Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade’s largest hospital network, for non-COVID-related medical needs like car accidents or childbirth are testing positive.”

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...ted/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

That is a much different story than what the fear-mongers would have you believe.

Also, no surprise the positivity ratio is completely made up as well since negative tests aren’t required to be reported in many instances.

https://alachuachronicle.com/covid-...istic-because-not-all-negatives-are-reported/
Get hit by a Mack truck while Covid19 positive...you died of Covid 19.
Jump off a skyscraper while Covid19 positive...you died of Covid19.
Etc., etc.

Also just a little context there are 303 hospitals in the state of FL.

I see you conveniently left out the part of the article when Desantis referred to the 40% being asymptomatic and not requiring hospitalization. So even if that 40% is true these are people that do not require hospitalization hence have zero impact on hospitalization numbers.

I see you also conveniently left out the part of the article where Desantis is requesting federal help to increase hospital personnel in the state. Why do think that is? Possibly because hospitalizations are increasing? This is a difficult question. I'll wait for your answer.

Just throwing this in for our good buddy Angry Lou. LA County added 30,000 anti-body tests to the new case load for April 2020. :cool:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/o...ding-antibody-tests-officials-say/ar-BB16hl1P

Are you purposely lying here or did you not actually read the article? The antibody tests were added to the testing numbers. The article specifically states that no positive antibody tests were included in the case load number. Even if your lie was true, this happened in May and has zero to do with the recent surge in cases. Keep trying cash. It's entertaining to watch.

I see you conveniently left out the part of the article when Desantis referred to the 40% being asymptomatic and not requiring hospitalization. So even if that 40% is true these are people that do not require hospitalization hence have zero impact on hospitalization numbers.

I see you also conveniently left out the part of the article where Desantis is requesting federal help to increase hospital personnel in the state. Why do think that is? Possibly because hospitalizations are increasing? This is a difficult question. I'll wait for your answer.

LOL. I didn't leave anything out your comprehension skills are just terrible and once again your intelligence leaves a lot to be desired. He said those 40% don't require hospitalization for Covid, not that they didn't need to be hospitalized. That's the whole point of hospitalized with covid and from covid.

The full quote is

"For example, DeSantis said, 40% of the people that come into Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade’s largest hospital network, for non-COVID-related medical needs like car accidents or childbirth are testing positive.

“Now they’re asymptomatic. They don’t need to be hospitalized for COVID,‘' he said. “But once somebody tests positive, there’s a whole set of procedures that then get put in place and requires manpower, so that those folks are isolated and the COVID doesn’t spread to other people.”

I'll try to use words you can understand. That means people are being hospitalized (not that they don't require hospitalization as usual you're wrong there) for things like traumas, pregnancies, etc. Because they test positive there are additional precautions and procedures that have to be followed which requires more work and manpower.

It's very simple (maybe difficult for you with a small brain). Hospitalizations are staying the same, the level of work required to manage the same patient load is greater which requires more manpower.

And great job by DeSantis asking for additional staffing, contrary to your incorrect interpretation, that has nothing to do with hospital capacities it is about taking care of workers. Burnout is a concern at this point as working on the covid unit is not fun, my wife has done it daily for 6+ hours for the past 2 months. (Side note: any healthcare worker that pretends they are on the front lines is an absolute joke. 95% of hospital staff has no contact with covid patients and are just doing their normal jobs.)

He's taking the bull by the horns and giving a break to the workers who have been at it for a few months now and getting them assistance. Excellent work by the Governor again.

Last edited:
LOL. I didn't leave anything out your comprehension skills are just terrible and once again your intelligence leaves a lot to be desired. He said those 40% don't require hospitalization for Covid, not that they didn't need to be hospitalized. That's the whole point of hospitalized with covid and from covid.

The full quote is

"For example, DeSantis said, 40% of the people that come into Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade’s largest hospital network, for non-COVID-related medical needs like car accidents or childbirth are testing positive.

“Now they’re asymptomatic. They don’t need to be hospitalized for COVID,‘' he said. “But once somebody tests positive, there’s a whole set of procedures that then get put in place and requires manpower, so that those folks are isolated and the COVID doesn’t spread to other people.”

I'll try to use words you can understand. That means people are being hospitalized (not that they don't require hospitalization as usual you're wrong there) for things like traumas, pregnancies, etc. Because they test positive there are additional precautions and procedures that have to be followed which requires more work and manpower.

It's very simple (maybe difficult for you with a small brain). Hospitalizations are staying the same, the level of work required to manage the same patient load is greater which requires more manpower.
Not very difficult to understand when context is provided. This is the problem with low IQ people, and why they are sheep to the Fakenews media. They don’t have the ability to get beyond headlines, and the media preys upon that aspect.

Reactions: 816_Cane
My son in laws work just closed down because one of the guys there tested positive. They were all required to get tested. Turns out no one else had it, and the guy that had tested positive went back and got retested and it was negative. So, there are cases of false positives out there. I wonder if those are being counted as positives, and how many of those are out there impacting the overall numbers?

Last edited:
My son in laws work just closed down because one of the guys there tested positive. They were all required to get tested. Turns out no one else had it, and the guy that had tested positive went back and got retested and it was negative. So, there are cases of false positives out there. I wonder if those are being counted as positives, and how many of those are out there impacting the overall numbers?
Imagine that, a false positive but that case ring audited from the system.

Are you purposely lying here or did you not actually read the article? The antibody tests were added to the testing numbers. The article specifically states that no positive antibody tests were included in the case load number. Even if your lie was true, this happened in May and has zero to do with the recent surge in cases. Keep trying cash. It's entertaining to watch.
Reading comprehension isn’t your friend is it? Read exactly what I posted again. The question is did they audit their own numbers and fix it. They constantly make mistakes.

Reactions: BreakingCane
Reading comprehension isn’t your friend is it? Read exactly what I posted again. The question is did they audit their own numbers and fix it. They constantly make mistakes.

"LA county added 30,000 antibody tests to the new case load in April 2020." That is what you posted and that is a lie. See below from the article you linked.

"Chau said the county never counted positive serology tests as positive COVID-19 cases, which would have incorrectly inflated the number of cases in the county."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT