ADVERTISEMENT

I’m a gun enthusiast and avid believer in our first amendment right

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
warning, this kind of a troll thread.

That being said, I love a good debate. This is going to be a tough one for me but I feel like because of my stance I should have the upper hand because I know what you’re going to say. Let’s keep it at hand guns. Oh this is tough but let’s spar.

side note, you can not ask me if I own a hand gun or why. You guys know my stance. This is about me beating you in an argument.

i’ll start with they don’t make for good home defense when the shotgun is a better option. In the event of a katrina all hell breaks loose a high capacity rifle is the better option. From there I’d like to move to the militia argument. If in doubt we were ever in the position to take arms against a tyrannical government, the rules of law would be completely off the table and the conversation would be irrelevant because we’d have what we need.

Just make sure that shotgun isn't loaded with full sized 12 gauge 00 buckshot loads. Might do some damage to the interior of your home if somebody breaks in. Did see that they now sell a stubby, 3/4 inch long 12 gauge shotgun shell, minimal recoil, and believe that is has 5 pellets rather than 9, so it is still nasty if you're on the receiving end. The recoil of a full sized 12 gauge can be problematic for some after that initial round goes off. Personally I prefer a short barreled pistol caliber carbine. Have a Ruger PC9 in 9mm, or my good old Marlin lever action in 45 Colt.

Just make sure that shotgun isn't loaded with full sized 12 gauge 00 buckshot loads. Might do some damage to the interior of your home if somebody breaks in. Did see that they now sell a stubby, 3/4 inch long 12 gauge shotgun shell, minimal recoil, and believe that is has 5 pellets rather than 9, so it is still nasty if you're on the receiving end. The recoil of a full sized 12 gauge can be problematic for some after that initial round goes off. Personally I prefer a short barreled pistol caliber carbine. Have a Ruger PC9 in 9mm, or my good old Marlin lever action in 45 Colt.
This .. and speaking from experience , it will mess up interior ( and I have poured concrete walls )

Reactions: thedonaldWYO

That being said, I love a good debate. This is going to be a tough one for me but I feel like because of my stance I should have the upper hand because I know what you’re going to say. Let’s keep it at hand guns. Oh this is tough but let’s spar.

side note, you can not ask me if I own a hand gun or why. You guys know my stance. This is about me beating you in an argument.

i’ll start with they don’t make for good home defense when the shotgun is a better option. In the event of a katrina all hell breaks loose a high capacity rifle is the better option. From there I’d like to move to the militia argument. If in doubt we were ever in the position to take arms against a tyrannical government, the rules of law would be completely off the table and the conversation would be irrelevant because we’d have what we need.
Biggest bang for the buck is the Remington 870 12 gauge with the pistol grip IMHO. If you want to go bird hunting with it, the clamp on stock extensions are not that expensive. Great for tight quarters as I always had it within arm's reach on yachts I captained (yes, piracy and other bad news still floats on the briny depths). Works well for the home too.

Reactions: kimzkr and 289fia
you'll shoot your eye out kid...(sorry, couldn't help it, please carry on, I'll go away now).....

• Haha
Reactions: central17
Sawed off 12 gauge, with pistol grip, loaded with 00buck.....a Sig 9mm, 16 rounds loaded,...... and a loaded Raven 25mm automatic is all I got in the house. Enter at your own risk

Sawed off 12 gauge, with pistol grip, loaded with 00buck.....a Sig 9mm, 16 rounds loaded,...... and a loaded Raven 25mm automatic is all I got in the house. Enter at your own risk
I'll make sure to knock first if I ever visit you. Haha.

Black gun ownership is way up. I'm from a family of gun owners, most of my fraternity brothers own and shoot. It's a myth that only conservatives like guns, frankly, my community needs more. I'm an advocate, we need to own more guns not less, these are a few of my faves. Yes, I know that optic on the AK is excessive...but its fun!

The AR custom job by my gunsmith.

Of course I've got the Glock 10, 26, 17, S&W bodyguard, M&P .40. Up next I want the FN 5.7 and a Desert Eagle .50 in gold.

EZKrenpUMAIv8vj

Taurus Judge revolver takes a 410 shotgun shell or a 45. Interchange each one for close protection or for further distance or penetration. You can't predict which would be more effective in advance.

Handguns? Should be banned. They are used by far in murders and other violent crimes. By far. Not even close. And if the SECOND amendment (by the way) was designed to stop tyranny and civil defense then the handgun is probably the last type of gun you need. Imo handguns would be alright if they are only allowed in home defense. And if being transported they need to be stored in the trunk.
My state has one of the higher gun ownerships in the nation (perhaps world) and is also the safest state in the nation.
All that being said if you’re breaking a law there should be little leeway if you’re committing crimes with a gun. There was a shooting a couple months back. 4 suspects. 3 out of staters. Shot into a car during an argument. Can’t remember if anyone was hit. But the two arrested. Ones bail was 500$. The other 200$. It’s a joke.

Black gun ownership is way up. I'm from a family of gun owners, most of my fraternity brothers own and shoot. It's a myth that only conservatives like guns, frankly, my community needs more. I'm an advocate, we need to own more guns not less, these are a few of my faves. Yes, I know that optic on the AK is excessive...but its fun!

Of course I've got the Glock 10, 26, 17, S&W bodyguard, M&P .40. Up next I want the FN 5.7 and a Desert Eagle .50 in gold.

EZKrenpUMAIv8vj
That’s cute. But rookie numbers. To be fair I build ARs. I do own other guns as well though. I don’t wanna say how many but. Take number you got there and multiply it by the number of Natl Championships Miami got. And you’d be close.

So you’re an avid believer in our rights but you mislabel the proper amendment? I dunno maybe that’s the troll part.

Handguns? Should be banned. They are used by far in murders and other violent crimes. By far. Not even close. And if the SECOND amendment (by the way) was designed to stop tyranny and civil defense then the handgun is probably the last type of gun you need. Imo handguns would be alright if they are only allowed in home defense. And if being transported they need to be stored in the trunk.
My state has one of the higher gun ownerships in the nation (perhaps world) and is also the safest state in the nation.
All that being said if you’re breaking a law there should be little leeway if you’re committing crimes with a gun. There was a shooting a couple months back. 4 suspects. 3 out of staters. Shot into a car during an argument. Can’t remember if anyone was hit. But the two arrested. Ones bail was 500$. The other 200$. It’s a joke.
You do know that suicide by gun is almost always by hand gun and is officially recorded as a gun death right? Half of gun deaths are suicide. You do know that right?

You do know that suicide by gun is almost always by hand gun and is officially recorded as a gun death right? Half of gun deaths are suicide. You do know that right?
I didn’t say gun deaths. I said murders. And violent crimes. And there were over 6,000 gun murders compared to 300+ rifle deaths. 2,000+ where the gun wasn’t identified. Can’t recall the shotgun toll.

I didn’t say gun deaths. I said murders. And violent crimes. And there were over 6,000 gun murders compared to 300+ rifle deaths. 2,000+ where the gun wasn’t identified. Can’t recall the shotgun toll.
Half of gun deaths are suicides

That’s cute. But rookie numbers. To be fair I build ARs. I do own other guns as well though. I don’t wanna say how many but. Take number you got there and multiply it by the number of Natl Championships Miami got. And you’d be close.
Yeah I build-out with a buddy of mine, he basically collects receivers at this point, he's convinced that they will take away our guns (not all just our community) he has at least 25 AR alone he's built, mostly 5.56 but 300 Blackout, 9mm (fun little shooters) and a few .308 (he owes me AR 12). I do love my PTR 91.

Reactions: genghiscane

EZKrenpUMAIv8vj
Damn bro....you're serious about it. Ain't mad at you..lol

Yeah I build-out with a buddy of mine, he basically collects receivers at this point, he's convinced that they will take away our guns (not all just our community) he has at least 25 AR alone he's built, mostly 5.56 but 300 Blackout, 9mm (fun little shooters) and a few .308 (he owes me AR 12). I do love my PTR 91.
Is your buddy building what is referred to Ghost Guns? Kits that are partially completed components ... no serial number as it isn't a completed firearm ... then drill out some material and assemble? Have read that the govt is reviewing the "kit" industry with the objective of revising what is considered a "firearm" or component requiring registration.

Is your buddy building what is referred to Ghost Guns? Kits that are partially completed components ... no serial number as it isn't a completed firearm ... then drill out some material and assemble? Have read that the govt is reviewing the "kit" industry with the objective of revising what is considered a "firearm" or component requiring registration.
No. He’s not a criminal. He purchases lowers when they are on sale. The lowers are where the serials are placed.

Every gun he produces is legal, not sure what in my post implied illegal activity. I literally stated that he buys receivers.

with what just happened, black folks would be silly not to buy more guns while we still can. This murderer and 14 and N***** on the barrel. Many more like him.

Exercise your 2A before others strip it from you.

No. He’s not a criminal. He purchases lowers when they are on sale. The lowers are where the serials are placed.

Every gun he produces is legal, not sure what in my post implied illegal activity. I literally stated that he buys receivers.

with what just happened, black folks would be silly not to buy more guns while we still can. This murderer and 14 and N***** on the barrel. Many more like him.

Exercise your 2A before others strip it from you.
Nothing you stated mentioned anything illegal ... and I didn't either. It is currently 100% legal to manufacture and sell components that are not finished parts. They require minimal additional work ... generally having a lathe or a drill press ... to be able to drill out certain unfinished segments of the parts ... to convert them into working high quality components that, when assembled with other completed parts, provide a complete firearm. You just mentioned "building guns" and this is one way that people are building guns from scratch.

• Love
Reactions: ellu and central17
Nothing you stated mentioned anything illegal ... and I didn't either. It is currently 100% legal to manufacture and sell components that are not finished parts. They require minimal additional work ... generally having a lathe or a drill press ... to be able to drill out certain unfinished segments of the parts ... to convert them into working high quality components that, when assembled with other completed parts, provide a complete firearm. You just mentioned "building guns" and this is one way that people are building guns from scratch.
Ah.

no he just adds an upper. Sometimes we may do components if we want a certain BCG or trigger, but usually only the stock and maybe a free float get added.

Reactions: 289fia
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT