ADVERTISEMENT

I have a theory on pool players

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
I swear any mans man that was born prior to 1970 is a good pool player.

what did they teach this to you guys in school? What’s frustrating is that it always comes off as, oh I haven’t played in a really long time and I’m not that good.

then BAM! One effort less shot after the next. I swear all people that are at least thirty years older than me are really good at pool. They make it look so easy. I miss one shot and I’m done. It’s not even fun playing you guys. Nothing worse than getting your ass kicked by some one with a handy cap sticker and arthritis and they just shove it right in your face every time.

everyone of them, they’re all good at pool. It’s unbelievable.

how much you wanna bet that even old ass miami mike has some sorta story about how he played some guy by the name of skip shoot johnny with a lazy eye or some shit like that who could beat everyone with a broom stick. I swear, they all have stories.

Last edited:
TBH, things were just different back than

No Flat Screen TVs, No Satellite TV, no real Cable or sports packages, no Internet, no real sports bars to speak of. You would go to your local watering hole, and there would be 1-2 TVs over the bar and in the corners of the joint. There would be pool tables and dart boards

It's what we did, 60-70% of time was spent doing it. Now people go out and spend 60-70% of their evening on their phone

Just different times

Reactions: grbcane and dolcane
QpoTrZc.jpg
Gu0cCKM.jpg

I swear any mans man that was born prior to 1970 is a good pool player.

what did they teach this to you guys in school? What’s frustrating is that it always comes off as, oh I haven’t played in a really long time and I’m not that good.

then BAM! One effort less shot after the next. I swear all people that are at least thirty years older than me are really good at pool. They make it look so easy. I miss one shot and I’m done. It’s not even fun playing you guys. Nothing worse than getting your ass kicked by some one with a handy cap sticker and arthritis and they just shove it right in your face every time.

everyone of them, they’re all good at pool. It’s unbelievable.

how much you wanna bet that even old ass miami mike has some sorta story about how he played some guy by the name of skip shoot johnny with a lazy eye or some shit like that who could beat everyone with a broom stick. I swear, they all have stories.
So funny you bring this up. I'm 63, and in my teens in the 70's the Bowl-O-Mat on US1 around 136th St. was my hang out. They had a great pool room and I loved to bowl, leagues, pot bowl, you name it. I bought a pool cue with a nice leather case and thought I was so cool walking in with it and screwing it together, Marlboro dangling from my mouth. Good Times!

Last edited:
Reactions: grbcane
There was a pool room down the block from my high school. We had a tradition of shooting pool Friday afternoon before a game or track meet. Great times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT