ADVERTISEMENT

I see a SLEW of litigation coming against corporations

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Companies that are making policies to fly employees to states for abortions are opening up quite the Pandoras Box to my mind.

Selective rules for abortion is not going to go well.

1) Employee A needs and abortion so company pays her travel and hotel and airfare.
a) Is that tax deductible? Is that a "business trip?"
2) Employee B needs cancer treatment. The top doctor is in another State. Company pays nothing. Employee B sues and says well you pay for Employee A to go to California for an abortion.

Thats 1 example.

Employee A wants an abortion. She lives in a State that allows abortion up to 15 weeks. At week 16 she decides it's time but now she can't get one in her State.
What does she do when her employer says, "you had 15 weeks to make a decision, we will pay nothing," ?

A Pandoras Box for sure........................

• Love
Reactions: central17
Companies that are making policies to fly employees to states for abortions are opening up quite the Pandoras Box to my mind.

1) Employee A needs and abortion so company pays her travel and hotel and airfare.
2) Employee B needs cancer treatment. The top doctor is in another State. Company pays nothing. Employee B sues and says well you pay for Employee A to go to California for an abortion.

Thats 1 example.

Employee A wants an abortion. She lives in a State that allows abortion up to 15 weeks. At week 16 she decides it's time but now she can't get one in her State.
What does she do when her employer says, "you had 15 weeks to make a decision, we will pay nothing," ?

Am hearing more and more that company paid abortion vacations are going to become "a thing".

Am hearing more and more that company paid abortion vacations are going to become "a thing".
And litigation is sure to follow. Is that a company wide "new" benefit? Is it a legitimate business expense for tax purposes? What if an employee wants a knee replacement from a doctor in another State?

Thats 1 example.

Very good points that I had not thought of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT