ADVERTISEMENT

I suspect Hurtt is the top target at DC

wake4law_cane4life

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
Miami
Putting some puzzle pieces together I suspect that the DC position is Clint Hurtt's if he wants it and the hold up is that he is a candidate for the Seattle DC position and he has asked us to wait for that to be resolved first. I think he will end up getting the DC slot in Seattle and we ultimately will have to go for plan B. According to some google searching the other candidates are Sean Desai and Ed Donatell. Both have impressive records, better than Hurtt really. BUT...Pete is a defensive guy at heart and his entire career as a coach he has been focused on D and he appears to greatly prefer hiring people who have coached under him and who knows what he likes- Hurtt would be the big time front runner if that's so. It could just be a coincidence, but a little bit more Googling and look at his prior DC hires:

• Hired Dan Quinn as DC in 2013. Quinn was Assistant Head Coach & Defensive Line coach for Pete in 09-10
  • Hired Kris Richard as DC in 2015. Richard came from USC with PC and was a defensive backs coach for Pete from 09-14
  • Hired Ken Norton Jr as DC in 2018. Norton was with PC at USC from 04-09 and came with him as asst head coach & LB coach from 09-14
Maybe I could be wrong about Hurtt being the top guy, but it seems unlikely to me that we would be waiting on a college guy like Belk.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News