ADVERTISEMENT

I want to thank each of you for supporting the State of Illinois fiscal irresponsibility for the past 40 years.

Calm the fukk down before you have a heart attack. Gas prices fluctuate all the time. It didn't help with Texas not fully prepared for a little snow which impacted oil production. Stop blaming others when the answer to your problem is in your mirror. Stop voting for racist POS candidates like Trump.
Gas prices had nothing to do with Trump...it has to do with the pipeline....i am calm...it is the government is the problem and you keep listening...

Not sure your point but those plants should have been winterized to avoid these outages. I blame the politicians in Texas.

If the Feds weren’t subsiding the building of the windmills they wouldn’t be there. The way windmills are being constructed and run is the problem. You think making a capital investment in a plant that doesn’t run is the answer just shows how little you know about electric generation and operation of the grid.

Last edited:
If the Feds weren’t subsiding the building of the windmills they wouldn’t be there. The way windmills are being constructed and run is the problem. You think making a capital investment in a plant that doesn’t run is the answer just shows how little you know about electric generation and operation of the grid.

You show how uninformed you are with every post. Energy from Windmill production is only 23% of Texas overall production. Here are some facts.

46 percent of Texas's energy was generated by natural gas in 2020, with coal producing a further 18 percent. Wind power accounted for 23 percent of the total share, while nuclear and solar produced 11 and 2 percent respectively.

Stop blaming freaken windmills when the real problem is corrupt Republicans.

Serious question. Why are right wingers afraid of the government?

Not afraid of government. Government has just shown over the course of more than 200 years that they are significantly less efficient than the private sector in almost everything they do outside of military. Even Europe and Asia have recognized this and made significant strides in privatization of utilities.

You show how uninformed you are with every post. Energy from Windmill production is only 23% of Texas overall production. Here are some facts.

46 percent of Texas's energy was generated by natural gas in 2020, with coal producing a further 18 percent. Wind power accounted for 23 percent of the total share, while nuclear and solar produced 11 and 2 percent respectively.

Stop blaming freaken windmills when the real problem is corrupt Republicans.

So I don’t know even though I worked in electric production 45+ years. Without google explain 1) Rate of Reliability 2) Heat Rate 3) Bus Bar costs 4) OTD 5) Peak & Base Load. This should be a cakewalk for someone with your massive knowledge. We’ll get into transmission at a later date. VARS Etc.

• Haha
Reactions: HJCane
Not afraid of government. Government has just shown over the course of more than 200 years that they are significantly less efficient than the private sector in almost everything they do outside of military. Even Europe and Asia have recognized this and made significant strides in privatization of utilities.
Do you really feel the military is efficient? I don't.

So I don’t know even though I worked in electric production 45+ years. Without google explain 1) Rate of Reliability 2) Heat Rate 3) Bus Bar costs 4) OTD 5) Peak & Base Load. This should be a cakewalk for someone with your massive knowledge. We’ll get into transmission at a later date. VARS Etc.
We just had a guy who called himself president for 4 years and he knew jackshzt. As for your expertise, that is not the point of this discussion. You made the suggestion that windmills were the source of the Texas power outages. As stated in my post, the vast majority of Texas' power sources are from non-rewables. Stay focused!

We just had a guy who called himself president for 4 years and he knew jackshzt. As for your expertise, that is not the point of this discussion. You made the suggestion that windmills were the source of the Texas power outages. As stated in my post, the vast majority of Texas' power sources are from non-rewables. Stay focused!

Hey genius the % of power produced is not the answer. You can’t store electricity. So having the windmills as base loaded plants was the problem. As they started to fail the grid sags and at the very same time demand is skyrocketing. The fossil plants are cold and many hours from the bus. NG plants also share their fuel with home and business heating so NG pressure drops as everyone is turning thermostat up. Coal plants that were base loaded in the past are cold but their fuel isn’t shared so them not being on contributes to the problem. So it’s a little more complex than your answer I’ll stop now this probably has overwhelmed you already. Won’t get into shedding load etc.

Reactions: utatem
Hey genius the % of power produced is not the answer. You can’t store electricity. So having the windmills as base loaded plants was the problem. As they started to fail the grid sags and at the very same time demand is skyrocketing. The fossil plants are cold and many hours from the bus. NG plants also share their fuel with home and business heating so NG pressure drops as everyone is turning thermostat up. Coal plants that were base loaded in the past are cold but their fuel isn’t shared so them not being on contributes to the problem. So it’s a little more complex than your answer I’ll stop now this probably has overwhelmed you already. Won’t get into shedding load etc.
I cannot tell you how much I'm loving this!

Reactions: utatem and ZEKEMUG
No, but the govt does operate that best.

Not sure why you feel that way knowing there are constant cost overruns in military weaponry programs. Even the military budget is bloated.

I believe strongly in being fiscally responsible. If I had my way, the military budget would be the first to get the meat clever. When someone from the left talks about cutting the military budget, it's always met with talks of being weak. Quite the contrary. I believe in keeping America the strongest and the best military on the planet. This can be achieved with responsible spending. This is an area that Republicans refuse to seriously discuss.

This post is filled with superfluous nonsense unrelated to our core discussion. The article below may shed some light into the root cause of the outage. Hint: The article doesn't blame windmills as you do. Here's an excerpt from the article.

The cold weather froze natural gas wells and blocked pipes. It froze wind turbines and coal piles.
Contrary to what some state politicians have said, the blackouts weren’t primarily the fault of frozen wind turbines. It was largely a problem with natural gas, which is the state’s primary energy source.

In summary, Republicans who govern the state, failed by not forcing these energy companies to winterize these plants. The evidence is clear.

Not sure why you feel that way knowing there are constant cost overruns in military weaponry programs. Even the military budget is bloated.

I believe strongly in being fiscally responsible. If I had my way, the military budget would be the first to get the meat clever. When someone from the left talks about cutting the military budget, it's always met with talks of being weak. Quite the contrary. I believe in keeping America the strongest and the best military on the planet. This can be achieved with responsible spending. This is an area that Republicans refuse to seriously discuss.

Everyone wants to cut the defense budget............until it’s a base or project in their district. There is waste in every facet of govt., non more obvious than those working in the Capitol.

Reactions: utatem and HJCane
The workers are efficient the spenders aren't Got it? Have you served? I did.

Cuz you served doesn't make you a financial maven. Nor does it mean I can't have an opinion about a bloated military budget. Sort of like Trump serving 4 years as president doesn't make him the best president ever as some right wingers feel.

This post is filled with superfluous nonsense unrelated to our core discussion. The article below may shed some light into the root cause of the outage. Hint: The article doesn't blame windmills as you do. Here's an excerpt from the article.

The cold weather froze natural gas wells and blocked pipes. It froze wind turbines and coal piles.
Contrary to what some state politicians have said, the blackouts weren’t primarily the fault of frozen wind turbines. It was largely a problem with natural gas, which is the state’s primary energy source.

In summary, Republicans who govern the state, failed by not forcing these energy companies to winterize these plants. The evidence is clear.

What don’t you get if the Natural gas plants were running they’d be hot making their own thermal protection. I don’t have expertise in NG wells but I did work at green energy plant that burned methane. As you compress gas and pump it heat is a byproduct. In the eighties they had a longer cold spell without the negative results. Windmills should not be base loaded. The systems are all connected, one can drag the whole grid down

Cuz you served doesn't make you a financial maven. Nor does it mean I can't have an opinion about a bloated military budget. Sort of like Trump serving 4 years as president doesn't make him the best president ever as some right wingers feel.

Well he was the first President in 40 years to not get us into a new armed conflict.

Well he was the first President in 40 years to not get us into a new armed conflict.
Do you really feel that is Trump's primary contribution as president? Trump was a 2 time impeached president who instigated an insurrection but you're singing his praises. Smh

So you admit there is waste in the military?

Gargantuan amounts. Just look at all the US bases, every time the DOD tries to close some politicians holler and Pelosi was the first to do so last time around.

What don’t you get if the Natural gas plants were running they’d be hot making their own thermal protection. I don’t have expertise in NG wells but I did work at green energy plant that burned methane. As you compress gas and pump it heat is a byproduct. In the eighties they had a longer cold spell without the negative results. Windmills should not be base loaded. The systems are all connected, one can drag the whole grid down
The article clearly doesn't blame windmills for Texas' incompetence. Winterize their plants along with windmills and those blackouts will disappear. Just admit you as usual got it wrong?

Gargantuan amounts. Just look at all the US bases, every time the DOD tries to close some politicians holler and Pelosi was the first to do so last time around.
There you go again. Blaming Dems but not right wingers who do the same. We can't have a civil discussion if you blame oneside and not the other.

The article clearly doesn't blame windmills for Texas' incompetence. Winterize their plants along with windmills and those blackouts will disappear. Just admit you as usual got it wrong?

I didn’t have to read an article because during the event Management Engineer who was dispatched to Texas called me to pick my brain and cry on my shoulder. Next time I’ll tell him to call you.

Do you really feel that is Trump's primary contribution as president? Trump was a 2 time impeached president who instigated an insurrection but you're singing his praises. Smh

Didn’t say primary contribution. Your biased, and fail to see any positive benefit from an individual that doesn’t share your political belief. Any objective individual would recognize the complete sham the first impeachment trial was; Russian collusion? Adam Schiff had the report on his desk for over two years that showed it was bogus. He should be in jail. The second ”trial” a judge wouldn’t even preside over.

It's not the amount it's the procurement regulations that are wasteful.

Another nonresponsive response to my post. You afraid of me?
giphy.gif

It's not the amount it's the procurement regulations that are wasteful.
There's nothing wrong with admitting our military like other departments has serious issues around spending. They waste alot and do not necessarily get the biggest bang for their bucks. We need to take the meat clever to that department and make it more cost effective. In doing so, we will still maintain the biggest, greatest and most efficient military there is.

You people are just dumb...our government yes dems and repubs are ****ed up...they don't give a **** about us...they care about themselves...wake up...you guys fighting each other and you keep taking the big schlong up the ass
Well. True neither gives a shit about us which is why I laugh we people attack"libs" as if conservatives are the better of the two choices. They are the worst by far. Not even close. Unless you are wealthy and don't pay taxes.

So when a republican makes a comment here like "of course 68 percent like this recovery act... They are getting handouts" it's hard for me to directly respond to something this stupid.....but it epitomizes what republicans think.

See.. people in congress work for us. The money is our money. To be used in this manner. To govern! To support us when do to no fault of our own we need it. See Republicans try to shame people into not expecting thier own money on behalf of people who don't put shit in the coffers. Use loopholes and tax breaks.

We are the people who actually pay taxes!

There's nothing wrong with admitting our military like other departments has serious issues around spending. They waste alot and do not necessarily get the biggest bang for their bucks. We need to take the meat clever to that department and make it more cost effective. In doing so, we will still maintain the biggest, greatest and most efficient military there is.
As I said it is the procurement and red tape and regulations which waste money. Not necessarily disagreeing with you. As far as I'm concerned the Feds can roll back each and every department 5% in spending for the next 3-5 years and watch how fast our debt goes down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT