ADVERTISEMENT

I Will Say This About Tom Jurich

silver97

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2009
Being from Kentucky (many years ago) I have some pretty good familiarity and knowledge about this guy. The first thing he did with any program he handled was find the Best Coach he could get. Timing can be everything. Rick Pitino fell into his lap but when was out here he went after him aggressively. Hired Bobby Petrino twice baggage be dammed. Speaking of baggage UL was transfer U before there was a portal. Shady character and 4.3 forty? He always saw the 4.3 forty.

The football stadium went from 40,000 to 63,000. The baseball team become an Omaha power. The golf team threw a few Tour kids. The Mens Basketball Team under Pitino (and yes he had to deal with the power play of getting rid of legend Denny Crum) was Top 10. The Womens basketball Team is Top 10

So what went wrong? These guys started living like Roman Kings. Family members galore on $500,000 a year jobs. Anyone who crossed them locally was crushed by either the papers or the police. The School President was in on it too. Once a new President came in and Stripper Gate was followed by FBI wire taps on Assistant Coaches the whole thing crumbled down. Many of those Athletic Programs I mentioned still thrive and play in immaculate facilities. Jurich made it happen. The guy is good. Reign him in if wants to get back to work

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News