ADVERTISEMENT

If Enos is successful does he bolt after 1 year or 2?

phillyDAU

SuperCane
Oct 28, 2004
the reason I say this is because of his history. When he was at Central Michigan he really didn’t ha e any guarantees. There were rumors the AD wanted him back and to sign him to long term deal but also the president was not for that and wanted to fire him. When he left the HC job at central mich and took the Ark job Brett had him sign a non compete agreement meaning he could not leave for another SEC job. When Brett was out he went to Bama but since he was not promised the OC job he came here to Miami. He seems to go after the best offer on the table.

One thing I admire about Clemson is their staff stability. They had Chad Morris for about 4 years before he took the SMU job and have had Brent longer. I just think with a new young coach like Manny the most important thing for him will be staff stability. Some coaches can over come it like Saban. As great as Urban is I’ve seen it hurt him somewhat. It hurt him when Mullen left and he promoted Addazzio to OC and it hurt him when Tom Herman left and he promoted and got Tim Beck from Neb and promoted Ed Warinner from oline and made both Co-OCs. It even hurt Urban when he lost Chris Ash to Rutgers.

I just hope that if Enos is successful here he at least stays long enough to instill and install an offensive identity at Miami like Chad did for Clemson or Joe Moorehead did at Penn st and that when he leaves he leaves for a legit D1 job and not just a high paying opportunity.

Reactions: it'sabout the U
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News