ADVERTISEMENT

INFECTION RATES DECLINING NATIONALLY

I was speaking about Florida specifically. If you take a look at the attached link you’ll see the 7 day moving average for new cases peaked on 7/16 and has been declining.

Like I said originally, the numbers are still not great, but they do seem to be moving in the right direction for now.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
The infection numbers are coming down nationally, at least in major spike states , according to the latest numbers . The decreases are modest . Agreed. At least they are plateauing . Again in the context of the OP , this was needed in order to save our season. And as this is a CaneSport.com site , I was focused on Canes sports .
This is just one thing that needs to go right for a real fall season
We have to hope that no school or team has a major infection breakout.

Reactions: CANE1983
Hysteria! Even NYC never ran out of ventilators. Get a grip and do some research from legitimate sources.
I just look at raw numbers. The percentage of the Death Toll from Covid-19 in New York is higher than Florida each with continued testing.

That means the spike in Covid-19 tests affect both New York and Florida the same. However, have you ever compared the death tolls of each state?

New York has nearly 40,000 more deaths at 400,000 cases than Florida had 400,000 cases. Those same ventilators you are talking about that ran out in NY are one of the main reasons why 40,000 more people died in NY than in Florida at the 400,000 cases mark.

If the hospital beds run out in Texas, California, and Florida the death toll will begin to crepe up at a higher rate simply because our medical system will be outmanned.

Florida today at 17.5%

FHSAA sports medical advisory Board said to play HS football safely, need to be at 5% over 28 day average. So we are not even close in Florida.

Are you really that ill-informed? The positive rate today was 9.09% for new cases and has been trending steadily down for over 2 weeks. Today is the second day in a row of under 10% positive rate. Wherever you heard or read that you should probably rethink your sources for information.

No wonder everyone is in a panic with such bad and 100% false comprehension of facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: rkrantz
I am all about responsibly opening up and not living in fear, but your numbers don't say what you are trying to say. Those 1,387,440 people that died did so from many things such as suicide, car crash, gun violence, drowning, heart attack, cancer, aids, etc. Covid-19 has been here less than 6 months and is on it's way to being the number one killer of all Americans.

Exactly.

I didn't come up with the stats but they clearly indicate that 7,708 people die a day from any number of causes, as you mentioned.

In 6 months Covid has claimed an average of 883 people per day. In that same time span, everything else has claimed 1.3 million lives, or 7,708 per day.

Again... I didn't come up with these stats, I'm just reporting what is available for anyone to Google.

Your point would make sense if the reported deaths were accurate. They are not because there is a monetary incentive attached to Covid patients and reported deaths. Please do the research and stop believing what you see on TV. My son is supposed to start his freshman year at Columbus. Now he can’t and has to go to school online. My son should have the option of going to school. You can believe what you are fed. It is up to you.
So why would you suggest or imply that the total is correct for flu? If these totals are wrong then so are the others. You don't get to pick and choose numbers just to suit your own narrative. If you don't want to use Covid death totals then don't use flu totals either. Use them both or none of them because them are derrived the same way. Through the same system.

Absolutely ignored
Looking into the rear view mirror
The thread was about the future
We have some stupid people here
It’s about going forward
Can’t fix stupid

infection rates declining in places that have taken appropriate actions, social distancing, wearing masks, etc. is
You aren’t very smart are you?
If you can’t celebrate the reduced infection rate which will lead to less deaths , you sir a moron
If infection rates don’t decrease more deaths will occur and we have no football
The point of the OP was simple
THE INFECTION RATES ARE DECLINING
infection rates declining in places where appropriate actions have been taken, wearing masks, social distancing, etc. is of course a good thing. You didn’t just say that. You said 155k American deaths (of which, vast majority were PREVENTABLE) should be ignored.

7 kids are dead in Florida. You think their parents can ignore that?! You are an insensitive, ignorant JA.

Florida has a 20% positivity rate (avg last 14 days). Many more people are going to die due to incomprehensible incompetence. Great you think they should be ignored, which is how I’m dealing with you.

infection rates declining in places that have taken appropriate actions, social distancing, wearing masks, etc. is

infection rates declining in places where appropriate actions have been taken, wearing masks, social distancing, etc. is of course a good thing. You didn’t just say that. You said 155k American deaths (of which, vast majority were PREVENTABLE) should be ignored.

7 kids are dead in Florida. You think their parents can ignore that?! You are an insensitive, ignorant JA.

Florida has a 20% positivity rate (avg last 14 days). Many more people are going to die due to incomprehensible incompetence. Great you think they should be ignored, which is how I’m dealing with you.

LOL are you really that ill informed? This is the positive rate directly from the FL DOH (top of page 2). Please tell me how you get 20% positive rate average from the last 14 days I'm dying to know.

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_partners/covid19_report_archive/county_reports_latest.pdf

Maybe the incomprehensible incompetence lies in your abhorrent math skills.

I was speaking about Florida specifically. If you take a look at the attached link you’ll see the 7 day moving average for new cases peaked on 7/16 and has been declining.

Like I said originally, the numbers are still not great, but they do seem to be moving in the right direction for now.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
yes it has if you want to say around 9400 to around 9800 is decreasing every day and it actually started going up a bit towards the later part of last week but hopefully it does go down

yes it has if you want to say around 9400 to around 9800 is decreasing every day and it actually started going up a bit towards the later part of last week but hopefully it does go down

Well... using a complicated mathematical algorithm, one could deduce that saying 9,400 to around 9,800 is a "decreasing figure" from say... 10,000 or 11,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT