ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Jung Un commits to Complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula

Dr.L.ThugU

SuperCane
Jan 25, 2011
Laughing @CDwrong
Last edited:
tenor.gif

This is big time. I can’t stand Trump, but I have to give him major credit here. Two of our top 5 greatest allies are SK and Japan. Plus China is one of our largest trading partners. If we can secure that area, it would be a tremendous achievement.

I am still skeptical of NK, but I think we are seeing a cultural change in the NK regime

This is big time. I can’t stand Trump, but I have to give him major credit here. Two of our top 5 greatest allies are SK and Japan. Plus China is one of our largest trading partners. If we can secure that area, it would be a tremendous achievement.

I am still skeptical of NK, but I think we are seeing a cultural change in the NK regime
Love him or hate him, but there is no denying that he is killing it in every way.
#MAGA

Gotta see the details before I'll call it a success. That fat punk and his family have lied many times to American presidents. Frankly, if I were him, I would not give up all my nukes. This would ensure his long term survival. Would you?

Reactions: hawaiian cane
Yes, The document signing was somewhat weird. Normally an announcement would be made indicating what its about. Does the signing mean both leaders will meet every few months, once year to get van assessment on how things are transpiring? Is the DPRK getting more in return than what they are about to give up? Is the signing the 1st step in ending the conflict, the armistice of 70 yrs?
I seriously doubt NK will not accept complete denuclearization. Lets face it. They cannot be trusted, not yet.
Back in 1994 NK signed a UN treaty to freeze nuclear activity. Then in 2002 the UN discovered NK cheated.
#45 has to take into consideration he is dealing with the leader of a brutal dictatorship. Nearly 100,000 people imprisoned then falling victim to starvation, torture, rape, enslavement, chemical & biological experimentation, forced abortions, etc.
There has to be a way to hold NK's feet to the fire

Reactions: hrrcnj9
Yes, The document signing was somewhat weird. Normally an announcement would be made indicating what its about. Does the signing mean both leaders will meet every few months, once year to get van assessment on how things are transpiring? Is the DPRK getting more in return than what they are about to give up? Is the signing the 1st step in ending the conflict, the armistice of 70 yrs?
I seriously doubt NK will not accept complete denuclearization. Lets face it. They cannot be trusted, not yet.
Back in 1994 NK signed a UN treaty to freeze nuclear activity. Then in 2002 the UN discovered NK cheated.
#45 has to take into consideration he is dealing with the leader of a brutal dictatorship. Nearly 100,000 people imprisoned then falling victim to starvation, torture, rape, enslavement, chemical & biological experimentation, forced abortions, etc.
There has to be a way to hold NK's feet to the fire

Gotta see the details before I'll call it a success. That fat punk and his family have lied many times to American presidents. Frankly, if I were him, I would not give up all my nukes. This would ensure his long term survival. Would you?
Not looking for a fight....but if he does not start treating his people better....he will be doomed for sure.

I think he has over played his hand with soon if not already obsolete missle tech. At 34 he needs to bring his economy up to speed in order to secure his future.

Reactions: IHeagledriver
Pretty sure Trump knows all of this - like he said "any cheating on denuclearization and sanctions will be increased by at least 300 ". He is not dropping sanctions at all until all nukes are GONE.I for one don't see this dragging out over years because of Kim wanting sanctions lifted.
Next up Iran
#45 mentioned his intent on pulling US troops out of Japan & South Korea, a move that will weaken both countries. Having US military personnel in both countries is all about readiness, defensive tactics. Another concern for both countries is their citizens becoming potential victims of being kidnapped by NK agents which has happened numerous times. Congress has the final say on troop pull outs.
Although #45 walked away from the Iran deal, the deal still exists. A huge challenge will be getting NK to allow UN officials to inspect nuclear sites on a timely basis. Sealed tunnels, spent fuel rods, reactors, etc,.have to be included.
Lets not forget China & Russia are in it also.

He thought Korea was the place where all of the US manufacturing jobs went that we’re not coming back.

That was South Korea. We are talking about the Hermit Kingdom, North Korea. The biggest threat to world peace.

#45 mentioned his intent on pulling US troops out of Japan & South Korea, a move that will weaken both countries. Having US military personnel in both countries is all about readiness, defensive tactics. Another concern for both countries is their citizens becoming potential victims of being kidnapped by NK agents which has happened numerous times. Congress has the final say on troop pull outs.
Although #45 walked away from the Iran deal, the deal still exists. A huge challenge will be getting NK to allow UN officials to inspect nuclear sites on a timely basis. Sealed tunnels, spent fuel rods, reactors, etc,.have to be included.
Lets not forget China & Russia are in it also.

Trump never agreed to pull troops out S. Korea and Japan. What he agreed to is stop doing joint military excersices with S. Korea.

Reactions: GLFSTRM
Canerob, Congress wont be able to walk away from the issues on the Korean peninsula. With nearly 40,000 US military personnel in Japan & nearly 60,000 in South Korea its no cake walk. Lockheed Grumman, General Dynamics & other manufacturers of US military hardware will have something to say about US troop pull outs and/or limiting joint military exercises; bringing an end to exercises for that matter. These manufacturers have congressional members in their pockets so even if Trump claims total pullouts and/or no joint exercises the executives, CEOS will be breathing down the necks of house members. Having money for defense spending shouldn't be a problem with a republican majority in the house. In fact in mid may Congress approved $700B for military upgrades. Hopefully there will be upgrades towards cyber security; not necessarily increase in fighter planes, ships, tanks, etc.

Canerob, Congress wont be able to walk away from the issues on the Korean peninsula. With nearly 40,000 US military personnel in Japan & nearly 60,000 in South Korea its no cake walk. Lockheed Grumman, General Dynamics & other manufacturers of US military hardware will have something to say about US troop pull outs and/or limiting joint military exercises; bringing an end to exercises for that matter. These manufacturers have congressional members in their pockets so even if Trump claims total pullouts and/or no joint exercises the executives, CEOS will be breathing down the necks of house members. Having money for defense spending shouldn't be a problem with a republican majority in the house. In fact in mid may Congress approved $700B for military upgrades. Hopefully there will be upgrades towards cyber security; not necessarily increase in fighter planes, ships, tanks, etc.
Congress does not approve the suspension of military exercises. It’s done. Part of the $700B can be used for cyber-related military efforts.

Canerob, it hasn't been confirmed all military exercises will be stopped. No one knows whats in the signed documents.
Hasn't been confirmed DPRK has agreed to total denuclearization. Troop pullouts haven't been confirmed either. I seriously doubt Japan & SK will agree with troop pull outs & stopping joint exercises. Its all about defensive readiness.

Canerob, it hasn't been confirmed all military exercises will be stopped. No one knows whats in the signed documents.
Hasn't been confirmed DPRK has agreed to total denuclearization. Troop pullouts haven't been confirmed either. I seriously doubt Japan & SK will agree with troop pull outs & stopping joint exercises. Its all about defensive readiness.

If it was up to me, I'd let Kim BOMB your pathetic little Island. Then whatever scraps from there that survive can kiss Trump's ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT