ADVERTISEMENT

Lazy or clueless coaching staff

ranoel

SuperCane
Jan 11, 2008
San Antonio ( FairOaks Ranch)
I don't know which but the idea of hiring Manny was that there would be no drop off in defense and their would be more energy and a more wide open offense. Neither has happened. The only improvement that I can see this year is the punter.
Quarterback : same or worse this year
Running back the same though Deejay is the one player that undoubtedly gives effort
Offensive line : worse by a significant margin
Defensive line worse: less turnovers, less tackles for loss, less pressures, less sacks
Linebacker play: cannot figure why these guys came back draft status is dropping. less turnovers, more missed assignments, out of position more often
Defensive back play: worse less turnovers, looser coverage, more missed assignments, worse tackling.
Wide receivers: seem slower, few yards after the catch, route running appears off
Punter better
Kicker worse
Team condition. I think is much worse. This strength and conditioning coach was suppose to be the answer. but the results tell another story: the offense and defensive line are getting manhandled by inferior opponents. Our wide receivers and defensive backs appear slower. This hire was a bust
Offensive coaching staff: sacks,penalties, first quarter play calling, red zone play calling no better than last year. This was my greatest complaint last year and this year I feel like we were sold a bill of goods on this guy ENOS. The offensive line coach is no better than last year and quarter back development is no better than last year.
Defensive coaching staff. Terrible game preparation just look at the first quarter deficit of the games we lose. The opposing offenses seem just to roll down the field during the firs quarter. Baker is definitely a down grade from Diaz. Trying to make good better sometimes makes it a lot worse. Our defense seems so out of position especially during the first quarter and do not seem to improve until the coaching staff makes adjustments.

I am not sure I would call any aspects of this coaching staff better than last year. I was really hoping that the offense was going to be better and the defense at least as good as last year with good portions of the line and linebackers returning. I do not know if the coaching staff is clueless and have no ideas on how to scout and prepare for a game or if they are lazy and just think it will happen on its own.

I had big hopes for this year but just another disappointment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News