ADVERTISEMENT

Lets dispel this BS on portal and NIL already

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Some of what I read on here about these 2 new aspects of CFB just makes my head spin.
1st a kid coming out of High School is a FREE AGENT! The very top high school athletes can choose from nearly any program in the entire country. The next batch might have 20-30 schools to choose from. Even D3 athletes or Ivy league have numerous choices. The point is THEY CHOOSE! No one tells them where to pick. Lets not leave out that many of these athletes wouldn't get into many of these schools on their grades alone but because of athletics they do. Free tuition, free room, free food, nutrition, and groomed for their possible next career professional sports. It doesn't happen anywhere else like this on College campuses for undergraduates. But we know that 97% will NEVER sniff professional sports so their degree is of PARAMOUNT importance to their futures. And that is the role of our Universities.

NIL was supposed to be, and I'm not opposed to, making a few bucks off of one's NAME IMAGE OR LIKENESS.
Tyler Van Dyke is #9 people go into the UM bookstore and buy #9 because they know that's TVD's number and he gets a % of sales.
Joe up the street has a used car lot and wants to attract college kids to buy cars from him so he pays TVD to run some local ads to assist him and TVD gets paid.
Open, transparent, reasonable. That is the basics and intent of NIL.
Gary wants subscribers so he pays Harley, TDS, and others $500 per month to blog for him or come on his weekly show.

It WASN"T INTENDED for Univ. of Miami football to lose 3 O-lineman to Texas because some fat ass oil tycoon paid the 3 players upwards of $50,000 each to attend school and play football there!
That's not transparent and NOT what NIL was to be.

If you think that this is good for CFB just wait until our team is the FIRST THAT THE NCAA comes after and tries to destroy!
GUARANTEED it will be Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News