ADVERTISEMENT

Majus12 will you have a conversation with me ?

canam1965

SuperCane
Dec 27, 2014
This is not about you or me per say , i have a series of questions most of them simple yes/no involving guns. You and i are going to try and have a productive question and answer session i won't ask a question until you agree. I hope others only read and let us do this. @majus12

Reactions: majus12
This is not about you or me per say , i have a series of questions most of them simple yes/no involving guns. You and i are going to try and have a productive question and answer session i won't ask a question until you agree. I hope others only read and let us do this. @majus12
If Majus is not available, maybe cd's imaginary friend, Bree Bree, can come talk to you for a little while.

Why not pm him if you want to have a conversation where others don't interrupt?
@Tim1977 pm privileges revoked, after the war 2019. would you care to take his spot, i reiterate this is not for just having an argument or to corner someone.

Sure canam,
Sorry I didnt see this message earlier

Reactions: canam1965
In the wake of shootings really dating back to columbine do you think we should ,, up the age limit to 21 years of age to be able to purchase any gun

question a hypothetical one

55 year old man walks into a gun shop, he has never owned a gun in his life, through a back ground search it is noticed he just got divorced 28 year marriage , should he have to wait longer than most people....greiving time if you will ?

Reactions: majus12
question a hypothetical one

55 year old man walks into a gun shop, he has never owned a gun in his life, through a back ground search it is noticed he just got divorced 28 year marriage , should he have to wait longer than most people....greiving time if you will ?
I believe back ground checks need to be more thorough and longer.
I dont believe law abiding people should be penalized because of criminals

I purchased two guns from a florida based web site 1 an AK and another a Sig 9mm. true story
the site allowed to call seller directly we met no checks of ID, gave both cash and drove away totally legal, i personally don't agree with this at all @majus12 your thoughts

I purchased two guns from a florida based web site 1 an AK and another a Sig 9mm. true story
the site allowed to call seller directly we met no checks of ID, gave both cash and drove away totally legal, i personally don't agree with this at all @majus12 your thoughts
Crazy, no check. I believe we agree on this gun issue!!!
The bigger problem I see is the 4-500 Million guns that already exist in America today!
People have gone insane! Tougher laws, more important tougher prosecutors need to be elected
Glad to see the bozo in SF get tossed out
Gascon is next.
Then hopefully on to New York!

@krvanness what say you, read thread and you will understand
I grew up with guns. I used to go hunting with my Dad in the Everglades. We'd camp about a mile from Monroe Station on the Trail. Had my Remington bolt action .22 Rifle and my Remington 12 guage shotgun on a 2 rifle rack right above my bed starting at the age of about 10. I'm all for gun ownership. LOL, I still have those two rifles over 50 years later along with a Glock and some other handguns. You can enact all the laws you want to and it won't change a thing. I have no problem upping the age to 21 to buy certain weapons, but it won't matter. Just like the heroin addict get's his/her illegal heroin, the confused teen will get the gun even if they're underage. You can ban all guns, and the individual who intends to do harm and commit mayhem with assault rifles will get the guns they need to do it with. As @majus12 said, there are hundreds of millions of guns already in circulation throughout the Country. We have a morality problem in this Country, not a gun problem.

I’ll save you time
I dont believe any citizen needs an AR15 or any automatic weapon. They should be for Military use only
AR 15 is semi-automatic. You must pull the trigger each time you want to shoot.
AR does not stand for Assault Rifle it stands for ArmaLite the company that 1st produced it.

I do agree more common sense procedures should be in place BUT so we are clear, Florida as an example, you must be 21 to buy a gun legally. That is more strict than NY laws and Federal Laws currently. But no one ever said it's not easy to buy a gun in Florida, because it is.

Reactions: CFSteve and grbcane
This 1 is tougher. I don't disagree but tougher to enforce. It's like me selling you my bicycle. How can you enforce it? I actually inherited guns when my Uncle died in Vegas. I flew them home on the plane. That had to be handled by a registered gun dealer both in Vegas and in Florida. One ships the other receives. Then I could pick them up.

I grew up with guns. I used to go hunting with my Dad in the Everglades. We'd camp about a mile from Monroe Station on the Trail. Had my Remington bolt action .22 Rifle and my Remington 12 guage shotgun on a 2 rifle rack right above my bed starting at the age of about 10. I'm all for gun ownership. LOL, I still have those two rifles over 50 years later along with a Glock and some other handguns. You can enact all the laws you want to and it won't change a thing. I have no problem upping the age to 21 to buy certain weapons, but it won't matter. Just like the heroin addict get's his/her illegal heroin, the confused teen will get the gun even if they're underage. You can ban all guns, and the individual who intends to do harm and commit mayhem with assault rifles will get the guns they need to do it with. As @majus12 said, there are hundreds of millions of guns already in circulation throughout the Country. We have a morality problem in this Country, not a gun problem.
True and the legal age to buy a gun in Florida is already 21. Tougher than NY and tougher than Federal laws.

Reactions: krvanness
What you’re saying is so true.

People forget those teens who killed everyone at Columbine, did so when there was an assault weapons ban.

Maybe there wasn’t enough gun free zone signs posted.

Reactions: krvanness
What you’re saying is so true.

People forget those teens who killed everyone at Columbine, did so when there was an assault weapons ban.

Maybe there wasn’t enough gun free zone signs posted.
That's the thing. People will say that no one needs to own an AR 15. But most are simply collectors and/or gun enthusiasts. 99% of those that buy any gun do not have nefarious motives. If someone decides to go off the emotional deep end, they'll get whatever weapons they want, legal or not.
I personally don't own an AR for the sole reason that it doesn't interest me.

That's the thing. People will say that no one needs to own an AR 15. But most are simply collectors and/or gun enthusiasts. 99% of those that buy any gun do not have nefarious motives. If someone decides to go off the emotional deep end, they'll get whatever weapons they want, legal or not.
I personally don't own an AR for the sole reason that it doesn't interest me.
We’re spending all our resources and time on something that accounts for about three percent of gun deaths.

Those other 97 percent, most of which occur in democrat run cities, with the strictest gun laws apparently don’t matter.

In the wake of shootings really dating back to columbine do you think we should ,, up the age limit to 21 years of age to be able to purchase any gun
The problem with this is you can give that weapon to an 18 year old kid and say use it to defend your county and die for it, but you can’t use it or own it until 21

Reactions: grbcane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT