ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Whipple news

I get it guys. The world is becoming pretty sensitive. That being said these guys make a good living being the HC and thus face of the school in some ways. What they say has some bearing on perception of the school. Take the temp of society and choose statements a little smarter. Anybody who thought,given the current climate, that this was smart is just down right out of touch. It's like in 2001 when people were upset when players were associating football with war. Months after 9/11 just not smart. I do agree society is soft as Charmin. Ok for us to say "we got raped" after a bad loss, not wise for a highly paid state employee right now

I think he was referring to a call made by the refs.

Go Canes!

You are correct .. it was a missed pass interference call by a ref. The school president apologized as though Whipple had pulled a Penn State on a child. I think he could have simply said "poor choice of words .. but we all understand what he meant in the heat of the moment".

Rape is an extremely serious allegation. Well, to most of us. It doesn't belong in a public lexicon for football analysis. Now angry people can come here and call me all the snow flakes and whatever they want. Whipple should not be using that type of language in public like that. If you can't find another descriptive way to describe a loss that is appropriate, someone else should be in that position.

Rape is an extremely serious allegation. Well, to most of us. It doesn't belong in a public lexicon for football analysis. Now angry people can come here and call me all the snow flakes and whatever they want. Whipple should not be using that type of language in public like that. If you can't find another descriptive way to describe a loss that is appropriate, someone else should be in that position.

You’re such a pathetic excuse of a man. Please give up your Canesport membership.

Sorry....you are no man because you want to equate this traumatic experience with a loss of a football game. That is for moronic people.

Reactions: LaJollaCane
I get it guys. The world is becoming pretty sensitive. That being said these guys make a good living being the HC and thus face of the school in some ways. What they say has some bearing on perception of the school. Take the temp of society and choose statements a little smarter. Anybody who thought,given the current climate, that this was smart is just down right out of touch. It's like in 2001 when people were upset when players were associating football with war. Months after 9/11 just not smart. I do agree society is soft as Charmin. Ok for us to say "we got raped" after a bad loss, not wise for a highly paid state employee right now
This is just common sense to people with a clue. You put it a lot nicer than I do....lol.

Tax money pays their salary. Maybe a person who was actually raped. I'm sure that person feels another description would be a much wiser way to spend their money.

Call it what you want. You don't have to be a genius to figure this out.

This is just common sense to people with a clue. You put it a lot nicer than I do....lol.

Tax money pays their salary. Maybe a person who was actually raped. I'm sure that person feels another description would be a much wiser way to spend their money.

Call it what you want. You don't have to be a genius to figure this out.

I work for a company that doesn't bed to explain to me that in a public interview I shouldn't make this comparison in today's climate. Just not a good look. I have used the term in my private life in reference to bad play in games. Just don't see how highly paid, we'll educated ceo types for a public university can't understand the need for proper PR. Same for Jimbos face ask grabbing tirade. I had that happen to me I. High-school but I know this environment is not right for that. Many seem to disagree with that too.

I work for a company that doesn't bed to explain to me that in a public interview I shouldn't make this comparison in today's climate. Just not a good look. I have used the term in my private life in reference to bad play in games. Just don't see how highly paid, we'll educated ceo types for a public university can't understand the need for proper PR. Same for Jimbos face ask grabbing tirade. I had that happen to me I. High-school but I know this environment is not right for that. Many seem to disagree with that too.
Yes, privately is very different. We have all made comments privately to an audience of our friends or family that we would be foolish to say in public because we know who in a private audience is less likely to be offended. Since they know you personally and take it for what it is meant to be. These people in a huge audience that varies of strangers that don't know you are just looking to you to comment on a football game.

The thing I find most amazing is how these people make such a huge humongous deal out of simply being non offensive to people they don't know....yet they are the very first ones to go apeshit when they are the ones offended....lmao

Reactions: dondeshawn
Then make him apologize......but suspend him? This is a sport for gladiators where the object is to beat the snot out of the other person which takes a certain mind-set for both coaches and players. Things get said in the most highly testosterone driven sport in the world.

Then make him apologize......but suspend him?

I never said I agreed with the punishment. My whole point is this pc expectation ain't going anywhere for people in public positions. It's time to recognize this and adjust. Agree or not the powers that be are going to error on the side of "we didn't mean to offend anyone". Smart guy like Whipple needs to just choose his words more carefully. It can be done

I never said I agreed with the punishment. My whole point is this pc expectation ain't going anywhere for people in public positions. It's time to recognize this and adjust. Agree or not the powers that be are going to error on the side of "we didn't mean to offend anyone". Smart guy like Whipple needs to just choose his words more carefully. It can be done
I agree to a point and you probably missed my edited post above. People who watch football want two things: 1) winning and 2) hits that can be heard in another area code. Sometimes one hinges on the other. Its a sport which requires a little craziness and high levels of testosterone, from both players and coaches.

This is the reason many coaches are curt during interviews and should be.....because they have to immediately turn off their practice/game switch where words uttered are much worse on the field....and it becomes tougher to be PC when goaded by the media when their emotions are still running high.

I agree to a point and you probably missed my edited post above. People who watch football want two things: 1) winning and 2) hits that can be heard in another area code. Sometimes one hinges on the other. Its a sport which requires a little craziness and high levels of testosterone, from both players and coaches.

This is the reason many coaches are curt during interviews and should be.....because they have to immediately turn off their practice/game switch where words uttered are much worse on the field.
Our beloved game is under attack from all sides. The game is violent and cannot be changed and still be what we all love. There are those that believe the game fosters lack of self control and aggression towards women. I happen to disagree and believe some men are just assholes and didn't need football to bring that out in them. Not doing and saying things to feed this narrative just seems like something that we can aim for without much loss of the game we love. Agree with the unpopular opinion or not negative press is causing change in the game as participation numbers are down. When I'm on the job my boss wouldn't be happy if I said the competition"raped " us. I think there just isn't much to be gained by not relenting to this trend.

The university has the right to punish him the way they see fit.

He was on the university’s time and they do not want things like that said by people that work or represent the university.

I know I could not say that at work and get away with it if said to the wrong people.

Reactions: dondeshawn

How do you feel about labeling someone you never met don’t know, a racist. Is that a serious word or just kidding

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT