ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason Topic - Musicians You Would Bring Back

5 NC4

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2004
Please don't move this Gary or Matt. Maybe we can change it up a little from daily pumper/doomer battles.

Musicians you would bring back from the dead if you could for your own entertainment. Not trying to play God or take his job.

In no particular order.

1. Neil Peart – Drummer Rush
2. Tupac
3. Layne Staley – Singer Alice in Chains
4. Jimi Hendrix
5. Scott Weiland – Singer Stone Temple Pilots
6. Chester Bennington – Singer Linkin Park (also subbed in with STP)
7. Bob Marley - The Wailers
8. Stevie Ray Vaughn
9. Chris Cornell – Soundgarden/Audioslave
10. Eddie Van Halen – Van Halen Guitarist

Nipsey Hustle deserves to be on the list based off of everything he was doing for his community, just damn near impossible to knock the above 10 off my list.

Honorable mention:
1. John Bonham – Drummer Led Zeppelin
2. Prince
3. Michael Jackson
4. Keith Flint - Prodigy
5. Barry Gibb/Maurice Gibb – Bee Gees
6. Marvin Gaye
7. Phife Dogg – A Tribe Called Quest
8. Bon Scott – AC/DC Lead Singer
9 Biggie
10. Mac Miller
11. Amy Winehouse

Was never a fan of Whitney Houston - Sorry

This was off the top of my head so I know I am highly likely missing a bunch, like Randy Rhoades, Kurt Cobain, Avicii, Dolores O'Riordan, Eazy E, Jim Morrison, Lisa "Left Eye Lopes, Aaliyah, Duane Allman, Jam Master Jay and many many more.

Sorry to the people who like country musicians. I despise country music so those musicians are purposely left off the lists.

Last edited:
Reactions: central17 and mahb
☝🏼A miss by me. George Harrison too.

Would also seek to bring “back to life” the willingness of the living members of Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin to play together

Reactions: central17
Good list......
Would move Prince up and Weiland down.
Weiland was a gifted singer
Prince was gifted EVERYTHING.

Good list......

No Ronnie Van Zant?

emac
Agree, Prince is one of the best musicians of all time. Phenominal guitarist. I just am not a big fan of Pop music and that is the sole reason he is not up there.

How did I leave Van Zant off? Dummy me

Def both Beatles missing.. and on my personal list I’d have Jeff Buckley
Off my list because I was never a fan. That almost sounds communist, but they just weren't my cup of tea. That is why this is supposed to be thought provoking. I would like to see others post their favorite top 10 dead musicians they would bring back.

lots have been mentioned. Tom Petty and the two Beatles for sure

Also Dennis and Carl Wilson so the original Beach Boys could play together.

Reactions: eddiemac66
In no particular order after Freddie

Freddie Mercury
Prince
Jeff Hanneman - guitarist Slayer
Paul Gray - bassist Slipknot
Cliff Burton
Chris Cornell
Biggie
Jimi Hendrix
John Bonham
Layne Staley

Reactions: ellu and central17
Please don't move this Gary or Matt. Maybe we can change it up a little from daily pumper/doomer battles.

Musicians you would bring back from the dead if you could for your own entertainment. Not trying to play God or take his job.

In no particular order.

2. Tupac
4. Jimi Hendrix
8. Stevie Ray Vaughn

Nipsey Hustle deserves to be on the list based off of everything he was doing for his community, just damn near impossible to knock the above 10 off my list.

Honorable mention:
2. Prince
3. Michael Jackson
4. Keith Flint - Prodigy
6. Marvin Gaye
9 Biggie
10. Mac Miller
11. Amy Winehouse

This was off the top of my head so I know I am highly likely missing a bunch, like Randy Rhoades, Kurt Cobain, Avicii, Dolores O'Riordan, Eazy E, Jim Morrison, Lisa "Left Eye Lopes, Aaliyah, Duane Allman, Jam Master Jay and many many more.

Sorry to the people who like country musicians. I despise country music so those musicians are purposely left off the lists.
How could you leave off Freddie Mercury????????????

Solid topic!

1. Johnny Cash
2. Ronnie Van Zant & Allen Collins
3. John Lennon
4. Bon Scott & Malcolm Young
5. Biggie
6. Tupac
7. Tom Petty
8. Chester Bennington
9. Chris Cornell
10. Freddy Mercury

Reactions: ellu and central17
1 Prince
2 MJ
3. Whitney
4 Rick James
5. Marvin Gaye
6 Sam Cook
7 Donna Summer
8. Aretha Franklin
9 James Brown
10 Biggie Smalls

Interesting that nobody has Kurt Cobain on their lists.

I always thought he was overrated myself but he gets so much props for the grunge era.

I like a few of their songs... but he just never really did it for me.

Reactions: eddiemac66
Top 10 - Singers
1. Prince
2. Michael Jackson
3. Freddy Mercury
4. Chris Cornell
5. Amy Winehouse
6. Whitney Houston
7. Marvin Gaye
8. Donny Hathaway
9. Patsy Cline
10. David Bowie

Top 10 - Entertainers
1. Prince
2. Michael Jackson
3. Freddy Mercury
4. Jimi Hendrix
5. Kurt Cobain
6. Aaliyah
7. Tupac
8. Elvis Presley
9. Billie Holiday
10. Selena

Top 10 Musicians
1. Prince
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Miles Davis
4. Buddy Rich
5. Coltrane
6. Charlie Parker
7. Lemmy
8. Bernie Worrell
9. Ray Charles
10. Louis Armstrong

Top 10 Rappers
1. Biggie
2. Tupac
3. Phife Dawg
4. Big Pun
5. Guru
6. MCA
7. DMX
8. Lisa Lopes
9. Old Dirty Bastard
10. Heavy D

JIM MORRISON!
allthough I believe he is still alive

Woke up this morning, got myself a beer,
Yeah I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer,
The future is uncertain and the end is always near

Reactions: rkrantz and ellu
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn
BB King
Wilson Pickett
Ko ko Taylor
Janice Joplin
James Brown
Muddy Waters

Reactions: ellu
This was moved to the lounge way too soon. There was nothing wrong with leaving it where it was in the offseason.

Solid ****ing list! Add Sharon Jones!
You may have been surprised by seeing KoKo Taylors name but I saw her in a show that included BB King, Buddy Guy and Junior Wells. She stole the show hands down. I became an instant fan ever since that night.

I was at the Michael Jackson concert at the Orange Bowl in 1984. Was dating my soon to be wife. We have seen a lot of concerts since, but MJ was the best.

You may have been surprised by seeing KoKo Taylors name but I saw her in a show that included BB King, Buddy Guy and Junior Wells. She stole the show hands down. I became an instant fan ever since that night.
Not at all thats why I mentioned Sharon Jones. He's amazing. Buddy Guy is unreal. I dont' recall seeing Junior Wells.

I was at the Michael Jackson concert at the Orange Bowl in 1984. Was dating my soon to be wife. We have seen a lot of concerts since, but MJ was the best.
MJ was on the next level. Prince was amazing live. But this will sound odd but its true, Marilyn Manson Anti Christ Superstar concert tour was insane. He did the entire show from pulpit but it managed to be completely engrossing and overwhelming with sound, theater and just rawness. One of my favorite moments in life, it was that good (and I'm a Prince superfan). This was at the sunrise musical theater for anyone local.

While his personal life in his later days is what he is most known for, he was insanely talented, going back to the Jackson 5. .

Reactions: ellu
While his personal life in his later days is what he is most known for, he was insanely talented, going back to the Jackson 5. .
Maybe the best showman ever. As for the allegations, I really thought he was innocent and the victim of greedy parents using their kids for Financial gain. I'm probably in the minority with that opinion, but he was so used and abused by his Father beginning at the preschool age that I think he was searching for a lost childhood.

MJ was on the next level. Prince was amazing live. But this will sound odd but its true, Marilyn Manson Anti Christ Superstar concert tour was insane. He did the entire show from pulpit but it managed to be completely engrossing and overwhelming with sound, theater and just rawness. One of my favorite moments in life, it was that good (and I'm a Prince superfan). This was at the sunrise musical theater for anyone local.
I've always loved jazz, and saw Al Jarreau at Sunrise Musical Theater in the 80s. Such a talent.

Pretty much all the greats covered, except for the Blues

B.B. King
Smokin Joe Kubek
Gary Moore
Rory Gallagher

and for the Jazz people a local:

Jaco Pastorius from Fort Lauderdale, one of the great jazz bassist ever

Have seen your whole list and like it. Both great Irish guitarists and Smokin Joe, wonder what Benoit King is doing since death.

In no particular order.

2. Tupac
4. Jimi Hendrix
8. Stevie Ray Vaughn

Honorable mention:
2. Prince
3. Michael Jackson
4. Keith Flint - Prodigy
6. Marvin Gaye
9 Biggie
10. Mac Miller
11. Amy Winehouse

Jon Bonham Led Zeppelin drummer.

Reactions: IbisRules07
Saw Prince while at a Santana concert at Sunrise Music Theatre. Santana invited him on stage and they ripped a 20 minute guitar improvisational jam. Fantastic. He was genius.

Reactions: rkrantz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT