ADVERTISEMENT

On a lighter note- Nantucket

NO.SHORECANE

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
The high roller elite members of the Lounge who go to Nantucket may be interested to know that they have voted to make beaches topless. You may get to see Theresa Heinz Kerry ,Doris Kearns Goodwin, Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton etc. up close and personal.

Reactions: genghiscane
I’ve never been to Nantucket but am planning to go in 2023 as part of a visit to Boston. Any top sites or restaurants I should know?

I am a little self conscious to go topless.

Thanks.

I’ve never been to Nantucket but am planning to go in 2023 as part of a visit to Boston. Any top sites or restaurants I should know?

Thanks.
You’ll enjoy the port. Check it all out. The beaches are cool. Don’t mess with the sea lions. I’ve done the drive from Boston to Falmouth to take the ferry to MV. I stopped in Plymouth along the way

Reactions: 801canesmxer
The high roller elite members of the Lounge who go to Nantucket may be interested to know that they have voted to make beaches topless. You may get to see Theresa Heinz Kerry ,Doris Kearns Goodwin, Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton etc. up close and personal.
Does Delta fly there from Ft Lauderdale? I'll use miles!

Reactions: zeski78

Thanks.
Nantucket
Surfside Beach
Jetties Beach-less rough
Barlett's Farm-casual dining
Ships Inn -finer dining
Consider coming to Cape Ann-the other Cape. Gloucester is America's oldest fishing port ,America's oldest art colony. not many elites. No John Kerry, although the CEO of New Balance lives here. I'll buy you some drinks and we'll solve world problems.

Wife and I are making a quick Cape Cod trip 2 weeks after the UM - A&M game. Flying into Providence, RI, driving down to Woods Hole. Making a day trip to Marthas Vineyard one day, next day taking the fast Ferry (1 hour) from Hyannis to Nantucket. Next day a leisurely drive to Provincetown and back. I went to BC for grad school and used to have a Summer house on the Cape with buddies ... so this is a nostalgia tour. After a few days on Cape Cod we are heading up to Marblehead, just north of Boston, to hook up with an old grad school buddy. Lot of nice pubs / bars / restaurants on the water. Will be staying at a hotel near Brown University on our last night before flying out of Providence. There are some nice college bars near Brown U campus.

I live half an hour north of Marblehead .Providence is much nicer than it used to be. When I went to high school there, Benefit Street at the foot of College Hill was all hookers, pimps, and drug dealers. No more. I did my internship at Brown Med School's teaching hospital- greatest learning experience of my life.

Wife and I are making a quick Cape Cod trip 2 weeks after the UM - A&M game. Flying into Providence, RI, driving down to Woods Hole. Making a day trip to Marthas Vineyard one day, next day taking the fast Ferry (1 hour) from Hyannis to Nantucket. Next day a leisurely drive to Provincetown and back. I went to BC for grad school and used to have a Summer house on the Cape with buddies ... so this is a nostalgia tour. After a few days on Cape Cod we are heading up to Marblehead, just north of Boston, to hook up with an old grad school buddy. Lot of nice pubs / bars / restaurants on the water. Will be staying at a hotel near Brown University on our last night before flying out of Providence. There are some nice college bars near Brown U campus.
Great sounding trip, 289. Thanks.

Reactions: 289fia
Good time to go. Crowds will be gone.

Good time to go. Crowds will be gone.
Peak time to visit. When I lived in Ct. back in the mid 80s I had a sailboat that I kept on a mooring at the Noank Shipyard ... at the mouth of the Mystic River. Best sailing of the year was always April and May, then literally the day after Labor day weekend until the end of October. Used to sail to Block Island, Newport, Marthas Vineyard a lot. The great salt pond on Block Island would have only a dozen or so boats anchored any night in April / May or Sept., / Oct. But ... Summer crowds would be up to I swear over 500 boats ... and that included a lot of people without basic seamanship skills!! October sailing was spectacular .... cool .... crisp (Monterey California weather) ... clear skies, 15 knot winds, open water with few boats. The ones that WERE out also knew what they were doing. Good memories!!

Reactions: cortez55403
I have been to all those places many times. October is a great month for surfing and windsurfing. Water is still warm.

I have been to all those places many times. October is a great month for surfing and windsurfing. Water is still warm.
Used to race windsurfers back in the day. 3rd beach at Newport, Block Island. Recall one July ... took 3 weeks to windsurf. Started at 3rd beach ... wearing just a bathing suit as that is a shallow, warm bay. Then went to Marblehead ... full wetsuit required ... water temps were on the cold side. Then up to Maine ... was sleeping in a tent and woke at 5:am to FROST. Stopped for breakfast at a little cafe on the water in some fishing village. Old timer with a pipe asked "what's that thing on yer roof". It's a windsurfer. "Whatcha going to do with it". Take it back to Newport and go windsurfing!! was the response. Ah yes ... the good ol days!!!

Reactions: 801canesmxer
I used to be an institutor certified by Mistral. My boss was the 16 year old son of the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at my hospital. He had the first shop north of Boston. Pretty funny. Guys kept their gear at my house . There were so many fully rigged sails it killed the lawn. I had a place at Kalmus Beach on the Hyannisport line, the windiest beach in New England, for many years.

I used to be an institutor certified by Mistral. My boss was the 16 year old son of the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at my hospital. He had the first shop north of Boston. Pretty funny. Guys kept their gear at my house . There were so many fully rigged sails it killed the lawn. I had a place at Kalmus Beach on the Hyannisport line, the windiest beach in New England, for many years.
Interviewed for the national marketing director job for Bic Boards back in '82 I believe. Was working for a fortune 500 company with office in the Time Life Building in NYC. Got beat out by a guy that was an olympic sailor. Mistral had some nice gear!! I had an original Windsurfer and then a rather radical Bic. Fun stuff ... then bought a J24.

My first board was a Rocket 99 then I had a ton of Mistrals. The Eqipe was an incredible board . with an 8.0 you could plane in 10 knots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT