ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Moving to Sarasota in June

canes76

SuperCane
Oct 4, 2003
Any neighborhoods I should check out? We are looking to build most likely.
My daughter is in 2nd grade currently, we are looking at Out of Door Academy and also St. Stephen's Episcopal School - Does anyone have any knowledge they would like to share?

Any info on Bradenton info would be awesome.

One great thing is that I will finally be in Florida and closer to the Canes!

I moved from Weston in 2010 and have raised four kids here. I can tell you anything you would need to know including schools. Let me know if you want to connect.

Reactions: canes76
Cane76 - I have lived here my entire life. Both schools are really good. Friend of mine coaches baseball at ODA. Lots of good stuff in Bradenton area to do. Lakewood Ranch is really nice area east of I-75 - lots of great golf courses. Takes us about 3.5 hours to get to stadium but we live just north of Sarasota. I teach PE at a public school in Sarasota.

Reactions: canes76
Cane76 - I have lived here my entire life. Both schools are really good. Friend of mine coaches baseball at ODA. Lots of good stuff in Bradenton area to do. Lakewood Ranch is really nice area east of I-75 - lots of great golf courses. Takes us about 3.5 hours to get to stadium but we live just north of Sarasota. I teach PE at a public school in Sarasota.
That is awesome - I am currently an athletic director, but switching career's as I just took a position as Director of Digital Media and Promotions with a motorsports firm. I Will be doing graphic design, photography, and videography, etc for some of the open-wheel series. Question - the lower school ODA in on Siesta Key - will that be a nightmare driving into and out of for drop off and pick up?

Reactions: Miami#22
One of my best friends lives there. We visit every year. Amazing city/community.

Love Sarasota!!! Have a place in Siesta Key!! If you love the beach, you just moved to the best family beach in Florida and probably the nation.

My daughter is in 2nd grade currently, we are looking at Out of Door Academy and also St. Stephen's Episcopal School - Does anyone have any knowledge they would like to share?

Lakewood Ranches area, on the east side if I-75. I have been there often over the last few years in respect to work.

Siesta Key is the best.

Reactions: theUforlife

Check out Lakewood Ranch really nice

Lived in Sarasota for the first 18 years of my life and now Manatee for the last 21. Can’t go wrong with Lakewood Ranch. West Bradenton out near Palma Sola is nice and close to St Stephens also Parrish is a nice growing area in North Manatee county.

All I know is when I am going to my other home north of Tampa, if you are in bumper to bumper traffic on I75 you are passing Sarasota.

My sister built her home in Lakewood Ranch in 2019 - she loves it - me, I moved from The Redland , north of Homestead to Ponte Vedra 3 years ago - not a better place on earth to me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT