ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Praying for those in Paris

Forget whether you are democrat or republican. I think each and everyone of us has to ask yourself if you feel safe tonight, is our government doing everything they can to keep us safe. IMO it's a matter of time before there are attacks here. I am seriously considering obtaining a weapon to protect my family if necessary.

Reactions: AESiman
Praying is not enough... Tell us what the "good" portion of the sect... Is willing to do to fix this mess once and for all... Cause I assure you, it'll be handled, but you all should police the issue first... That'll be the best.
It begins at home....
Then the local communities...

It is not a simple fix...but some of us, including myself, try hard to continue denouncing this. More and more American Muslims are doing the same...teaching our own first...

The problem is that...hate begets hate...

Wiping out ISIS and others will help, but unless it is fixed from the Grassroots....

Muslims around the world MUST stand up and send these criminals 6 feet under...

I will continue to try to be the leader in my community.....and champion this mission!

It begins at home....
Then the local communities...

It is not a simple fix...but some of us, including myself, try hard to continue denouncing this. More and more American Muslims are doing the same...teaching our own first...

The problem is that...hate begets hate...

Wiping out ISIS and others will help, but unless it is fixed from the Grassroots....

Muslims around the world MUST stand up and send these criminals 6 feet under...

I will continue to try to be the leader in my community.....and champion this mission!
Amen brother. I appreciate your stand. I realize it's an extremely difficult situation. Let's pray for an end to evil.

My parents took the underground train from London to Paris today crossing the English channel an are in Paris and I'm very concerned for them. I anticipate that they will be fine because they were not supposed to be near the incident today, and are staying at a good hotel, but I will certainly feel a lot better when I hear from them soon.
Advarkas I am praying for you and your parents safety...... I hope all is well.....

actually thank you all for the kind words and prayers. It is appreciated. I was able to drag, copy and paste some of all ya'lls replies in an e-mail to her, and she must have received the replies (and she actually thinks she recognizes some of you sons of a gun). We finally received a proverbial "thumbs up" from the family.

So, thank you all who took a few moments to say a few kind words about my family. Boy that is awfully nice and considerate- it's very touching. And some of you have e-mailed and even texted- thank you all. That is nice- that is simply nice. I wish I could buy all of you a cold beer- maybe I can tomorrow during the UNC game. lol.

Frankly, it is not my family who is suffering tonight- it is the citizens of Paris and the great people of France. Today France beat Germany 2-0 in a FIFA Soccer Exhibition, and yet after the final whistle sounded, the attention turned to the horrific world wide news.

The tragic events which terrorists deployed on Paris today do NOT have to be about politics. There will be a time to argue politics and take political sides, and both Democrats and Republicans have BOTH already articulated their respective opinion, but now truly is a time to pray and hold in our hearts hundreds of innocent people who lost their lives to the hands of Muslim terrorists.

Those asking "what can be done to stop this" are either naive or ignorant. These extremists have been doing this for thousands of years. Israel is attacked on a daily basis, the Middle East has been at war long before suicide bombers existed. Every time we send troops and kill some of these assholes 2 more pop up in his place because we killed their father, uncle, brother, or friend. This will never stop...EVER! What people need to realize is there are no innocent in their eyes. We are all infidels and they will try and kill us all. Al Qaeda was only weakened and ISIS popped up. There will be another extremist radical terror group in their wake too. The only answer is to stop pretending we are safe. Take your protection and safety seriously and be prepared to protect yourselves. You can call me the crazy one but it's only because some of you live in a bubble and pretend you're safe. Those innocent people in Paris were safe. Those innocent people in the Trade Towers headed to work were safe too.

Hope France heals and prayers to them. I won't get into the political thing I am too hot at this time. Prayers for my fellow firefighters and firefighting friends in France and all the people in France.

Only one answer... Only one way to handle... And it's not going to be pretty.

This is what people don't undertand. All these terrorist attacks are small in comparisson to a nuke exploding in a major metropolitan city. What happens then?

I know what happens if they did that to Russia.... Putin would turn that desert sand into the largest glass sculpture ever. He would drop his whole nuke arsenal on them.

This is what it leads to with appeasement. The Nazis told us who they were, and we didn't take their word for it when they were only 2500 strong.

ISIS is telling g us exactly what they want. They are acting on it. Yet, we actually had the President say that Isis is "Contained" literally a few hours before Paris.

Wow. The one man that is supposedly the most informed thought that ISIS was territorial contained just hours before they struck in the heart of Europe.

This is what people don't undertand. All these terrorist attacks are small in comparisson to a nuke exploding in a major metropolitan city. What happens then?

I know what happens if they did that to Russia.... Putin would turn that desert sand into the largest glass sculpture ever. He would drop his whole nuke arsenal on them.

This is what it leads to with appeasement. The Nazis told us who they were, and we didn't take their word for it when they were only 2500 strong.

ISIS is telling g us exactly what they want. They are acting on it. Yet, we actually had the President say that Isis is "Contained" literally a few hours before Paris.

Wow. The one man that is supposedly the most informed thought that ISIS was territorial contained just hours before they struck in the heart of Europe.
No Putin wouldn't, the Nukes we have now make what happened in Japan look like child's play. Once you nuclear in this age, everyone gets the itchy trigger finger. Did you know we were about to be nuked when a Russian sub lost comm with its command? Two of the three officers voted yes. Thank god the third said no! Nukes are nothing to f-k around with at all. Also, where do you drop and not have collateral damage? You drop a nuke on a total inhabitance and you just ended the world!

I don't know if you're in the military but, it's not even close to as simple as you make it seem in killing ISIS in a complete fashion.

Reactions: Big Pimpin Cane
AJ what's the answer to this mess? It's saddening on all levels. I'm happy to hear your parents are safe.

Irrespective of what America does or doesn't do, Europe will become unified against ISIS because of Europe's struggle to identify radical Muslims from within those countries' borders. By opening the borders and allowing hundreds of thousands of refugees to enter, many of those fleeing were radical Muslim agents and ISIS agents planted in pockets of refugees to infiltrate Europe and grow like a virus incubating... This will ultimately become a holy war of some degree, whether people want to accept it or not.

Irrespective of what America does or doesn't do, Europe will become unified against ISIS because of Europe's struggle to identify radical Muslims from within those countries' borders. By opening the borders and allowing hundreds of thousands of refugees to enter, many of those fleeing were radical Muslim agents and ISIS agents planted in pockets of refugees to infiltrate Europe and grow like a virus incubating... This will ultimately become a holy war of some degree, whether people want to accept it or not.
It's been a holy war for many years now. Only that has changed have been who the radical Muslims target.

This is unfortunately a real war that can no longer be avoided. It's going to on for a very long time.

No Putin wouldn't, the Nukes we have now make what happened in Japan look like child's play. Once you nuclear in this age, everyone gets the itchy trigger finger. Did you know we were about to be nuked when a Russian sub lost comm with its command? Two of the three officers voted yes. Thank god the third said no! Nukes are nothing to f-k around with at all. Also, where do you drop and not have collateral damage? You drop a nuke on a total inhabitance and you just ended the world!

I don't know if you're in the military but, it's not even close to as simple as you make it seem in killing ISIS in a complete fashion.

I'm not saying that is what we would, but I am saying that regimes like Putins don't have the brakes on in this type of situation.

This is just the history of humanity. World wars have started on lesser things.... like a minor monarch being assasinated.

Truthfully, I don't feel comfortable with Israel potential reaction if Iran jumps the gun. Can you say with 100% certainty that they wouldn't respond with a volley of nukes.

Sorry, but the leaders of China, Tussia, Israel, and other nuke nations don't historically have the temperament you describe.

Holy wars is one of those things in reality where it doesn't "take two to tango."

You have a holy war even if only one side wants one.... as is the case now.

Reactions: foulkes
To be honest, if I had my way I would never carry a weapon for the rest of my life...

Amen brother. I hate that I live in a world where I feel the need to have guns in my house. I live in a safe, nice neighborhood with little to no crime but you never know. God forbid someone comes after my family and that's the one time I'm not armed. My training won't allow that, as you know!

I agree with the things you wrote about the guys over there too. We had many locals risk their lives to save us by telling us the locations of IED's, ambushes, and so forth. They are brave people who risked their lives and their families lives to save Marines they didn't even know.

In some ways, Their situation is akin to living in the worst parts of the American ghetto. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone, but the majority of "good" people are afraid to speak out against what is happening for fear of reprisals. It's a difficult situation to fix and it will take empowering the locals, the majority of whom are not radical, to have the strength to band together and fight radicalism.

This is unfortunately a real war that can no longer be avoided. It's going to on for a very long time.
I'm not saying that is what we would, but I am saying that regimes like Putins don't have the brakes on in this type of situation.

This is just the history of humanity. World wars have started on lesser things.... like a minor monarch being assasinated.

Truthfully, I don't feel comfortable with Israel potential reaction if Iran jumps the gun. Can you say with 100% certainty that they wouldn't respond with a volley of nukes.

Sorry, but the leaders of China, Tussia, Israel, and other nuke nations don't historically have the temperament you describe.
If the first salvo goes down range the globe is done, so we won't have anything to worry about. That's why I believe we haven't seen a nuke attack yet. Can it happen? Hell yeah! We are the only country to use atomic energy on humans. But, we were the only ones with said technology and the world saw what those "tiny" bombs did. To be honest I don't think any country should have nukes, way too much risk involved.

Reactions: Big Pimpin Cane
Holy wars is one of those things in reality where it doesn't "take two to tango."

You have a holy war even if only one side wants one.... as is the case now.
Exactly! And this has been the case for thousands of years in the Middle East. We can't stop them and we can't win. Once people realize it's not thousands of miles away they will HOPEFULLY take their safety and protection seriously. Close borders, keep military ready on the homeland not overseas, and stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings because we profile. I'd much rather get frisked because I have a beard then let someone go because they may be offended. Search everyone if you have to before large public events. We aren't safe like many want to believe. Sorry for the inconvenience but the alternative is 9/11 or Paris yesterday. How the hell do you get into a concert with a bomb!? Wake the fvck up people!

Exactly! And this has been the case for thousands of years in the Middle East. We can't stop them and we can't win. Once people realize it's not thousands of miles away they will HOPEFULLY take their safety and protection seriously. Close borders, keep military ready on the homeland not overseas, and stop worrying about hurting someone's feelings because we profile. I'd much rather get frisked because I have a beard then let someone go because they may be offended. Search everyone if you have to before large public events. We aren't safe like many want to believe. Sorry for the inconvenience but the alternative is 9/11 or Paris yesterday. How the hell do you get into a concert with a bomb!? Wake the fvck up people!

Agree with most.... but I don't think this is a threat that can be "contained" like traditional armies. Last night proves that. No matter what the distance, if you don't do something to weaken them over there..... they will come here.

If the first salvo goes down range the globe is done, so we won't have anything to worry about. That's why I believe we haven't seen a nuke attack yet. Can it happen? Hell yeah! We are the only country to use atomic energy on humans. But, we were the only ones with said technology and the world saw what those "tiny" bombs did. To be honest I don't think any country should have nukes, way too much risk involved.

You haven't seen a nuke used between nations that only wanted to advance political or economic interests.

That logic doesn't apply when you have apocalyptic dogma ingrained in the ethos of the radicalized group that would nothing more than the current world order totally erased. They want a reset. They want a world where the major powers lose control. They don't care if the cost is that some of the globe gets sacrificed to nuclear fallout.

There are people that don't want the world to continue if it's not on their terms. That is what Hitler did with his "Nero decree". He would have used a nuke on his own people if he would have had one at that point in time.

Agree with most.... but I don't think this is a threat that can be "contained" like traditional armies. Last night proves that. No matter what the distance, if you don't do something to weaken them over there..... they will come here.

I don't intend on debating or arguing. I respect your opinion. The reality is we've been "over there" for decades. We armed Afghanistan against the Russians in the Cold War. You cut one head off and another pops up in its place. Bin Laden is dead and what has changed? There is no containing them. What I said was we need to protect ourselves and the homeland. We aren't doing anything to weaken them. Nothing! Anyone who was over there will tell you that. We literally destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan and nothing changed. New regime, same agenda. They are winning. We have changed the way we secure ourselves because of them and yes it's a pain in the ass to fly now, but it's the world we live in. Those that think it's a problem "over there" are forgetting it's already "over here".

Looks like multiple terrorist attacks carried out at the same time. At least 60 dead between shootings and an explosion, and over 100 taken hostage. Praying for a swift resolution and no more loss of life.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

This is so sad.

Prayers for these families that are affected by this.

I by no means mean to dishonor them by stating where my head is that this morning as I sit here with my son and watch the news.

Here is my take....

This is our new world folks. A weak America and weak leadership leads to:

1) Isis, aka, The JV Team, running rampant around the world
2) Our future generation wanting everything for free
3) Hyper sensitivity, weak kids
4) The death of free speech
5) The e eventual death of capitalism

What is happening in Paris is certainly not any one person's fault.....

I am neither Jackass nor Elephant fellas. The leadership in this country on both sides is disgraceful right now. And it starts with the guy at the top.

I just returned from Europe, I used to think that when I traveled I was safe because I was an American. I used to have affordable healthcare, I used to keep more of the money that I earned, I used to think that my son could grow up to be anything he wanted to be.

In the last week, I bought a hand gun for my wife, started an offshore entity, laid off W-2 employees because we cannot afford their healthcare and am selling my rental properties.

No, I'm not a prepper or a doomsdayer, but you don't have to get hit by the truck that you see coming.

I canceled a trip back to Europe this AM as I was going to take my 6 year old. I do not feel it prudent to travel outside of our borders with him right now. How long before I feel that way when traveling anywhere?

A lot of folks wanted change. The current leadership of this country stumped on it to get elected.

Enjoy folks, things sure as shit have changed and I pray to God for my son's future here.

Reactions: AESiman
Yep an asshole bigot. Guilty .
If the good Muslims , the vast majority , don't fix the problem, everybody suffers.
My people came here broke and discriminated against . We prevailed and succeeded.

The vast majority of good Muslims is not a reference you spoke of to begin with. With a small moment of reflection you stepped back from your previous position. Not such an asshole or bigot, just a guy reacting to something horrible. i can relate.

This is so sad.

Prayers for these families that are affected by this.

I by no means mean to dishonor them by stating where my head is that this morning as I sit here with my son and watch the news.

Here is my take....

This is our new world folks. A weak America and weak leadership leads to:

1) Isis, aka, The JV Team, running rampant around the world
2) Our future generation wanting everything for free
3) Hyper sensitivity, weak kids
4) The death of free speech
5) The e eventual death of capitalism

What is happening in Paris is certainly not any one person's fault.....

I am neither Jackass nor Elephant fellas. The leadership in this country on both sides is disgraceful right now. And it starts with the guy at the top.

I just returned from Europe, I used to think that when I traveled I was safe because I was an American. I used to have affordable healthcare, I used to keep more of the money that I earned, I used to think that my son could grow up to be anything he wanted to be.

In the last week, I bought a hand gun for my wife, started an offshore entity, laid off W-2 employees because we cannot afford their healthcare and am selling my rental properties.

No, I'm not a prepper or a doomsdayer, but you don't have to get hit by the truck that you see coming.

I canceled a trip back to Europe this AM as I was going to take my 6 year old. I do not feel it prudent to travel outside of our borders with him right now. How long before I feel that way when traveling anywhere?

A lot of folks wanted change. The current leadership of this country stumped on it to get elected.

Enjoy folks, things sure as shit have changed and I pray to God for my son's future here.
Well stated... In the end we win. It's already been written.

I don't intend on debating or arguing. I respect your opinion. The reality is we've been "over there" for decades. We armed Afghanistan against the Russians in the Cold War. You cut one head off and another pops up in its place. Bin Laden is dead and what has changed? There is no containing them. What I said was we need to protect ourselves and the homeland. We aren't doing anything to weaken them. Nothing! Anyone who was over there will tell you that. We literally destroyed Iraq and Afghanistan and nothing changed. New regime, same agenda. They are winning. We have changed the way we secure ourselves because of them and yes it's a pain in the ass to fly now, but it's the world we live in. Those that think it's a problem "over there" are forgetting it's already "over here".

Feel ya... but I question the way we fought those wars. You can't win a war if you are walking on eggshells to be politically correct.

Ask guys that were there. The Rules of Engagement are ridiculous.

I am not mitary, but I am a historian. I can tell uou with 100% certainty that we would have lost WWII if we fought with those Rules of Engagement.

Yes, our boys were less than angels in WWII.... but we recognize them as THE GREATEST GENERATION for a reason.

There was more theft, corruption, and wanton collateral damage inflicted by our armed forces in Europe than in Vietnam.... but the politically motivated historians write it otherwise.

Our Rules of Engagement in Afghanistan and Iraq are more like the rules of the Boy Scout squad. Yes, that makes me proud of our military.... but I would not expect or want my own son to behave like a boy scout when put in the pit against an all out savage.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Y
You haven't seen a nuke used between nations that only wanted to advance political or economic interests.

That logic doesn't apply when you have apocalyptic dogma ingrained in the ethos of the radicalized group that would nothing more than the current world order totally erased. They want a reset. They want a world where the major powers lose control. They don't care if the cost is that some of the globe gets sacrificed to nuclear fallout.

There are people that don't want the world to continue if it's not on their terms. That is what Hitler did with his "Nero decree". He would have used a nuke on his own people if he would have had one at that point in time.

Regardless of why it was used one was used. I know you have no clue as the lethal power of multiple salvos being launched and that's fine. But you trivialize what would happen if multiple salvos would be launched. Again that's fine, but trust me; no one is that crazy to unseat what they have. It's one thing to get a guy to blow himself up. But to wipe out your own existence is whole other level. And I do disagree that Hiltler would have nuked Germany, by the time it was over for him, he was beyond delusional and his generals would have never dropped a nuke on themselves.

Y

Regardless of why it was used one was used. I know you have no clue as the lethal power of multiple salvos being launched and that's fine. But you trivialize what would happen if multiple salvos would be launched. Again that's fine, but trust me; no one is that crazy to unseat what they have. It's one thing to get a guy to blow himself up. But to wipe out your own existence is whole other level. And I do disagree that Hiltler would have nuked Germany, by the time it was over for him, he was beyond delusional and his generals would have never dropped a nuke on themselves.

German genrAls did disobey his "Nero Decree". However, he was pretty clear on the fact that he didn't want the German people to live on without National Socialism.

He was very literal in his DarwinIan views, and he literally stated in that decree that the Germans had proven themselves to be unfit to survive.

History proves the lengths he was willing to go t9 not just to make his views on "survival of the fittest" a reality, even if it meant slaughtering tens of millions to do so.

Also, his first 400,000 victims were otherwise "Aryans" with birth or social "defects" as mild as alcoholism, speech impediments, and bad acne. He had no qualms about rounding those Germans up and either sterilizing or euthanizing them in his T4 EuthanizIA Program.

Trust me. I have researched this and held some of the original documents in my hands. The man meant what he said.

You should trust that these ISIS people truly believe the apocalyptic visons they have. There is no reason to not believe them.

I am very aware of the power of modern nukes. So are they and they are willing to use them.

Don't confuse these guys with a Kruschev dealing with JFK over Cuba. Not the same. This isn't one of the many close calls like the one you described..... where otherwise normal people are in charge in a situation where reason and doubt were part of the equation.

If Hitler was a reasonable man.... If more German generals would have had the balls to oppose him... well...

My dad worked on the atomic bomb and on several Nike missile systems that followed. He regretted it until the day he died. I am against war and all that goes with it. There is nothing trivial about nuclear war and I have thought about this all my life. But the war is upon us whether we like it or not.

Yeah... the pilot of the ENola Gay became a priest because it screwed with his psyche .... and Einstein regretted writing to FDR to start the program.

Yeah... the pilot of the ENola Gay became a priest because it screwed with his psyche .... and Einstein regretted writing to FDR to start the program.
Too extreme for sure.....would not want that....however.....the world needs to come together to eradicate the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT