ADVERTISEMENT

OT Restaurant Advice

austinostew

SuperCane
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Sorry to post in the War Room. Getting ready to make my first trip ever to the city of Miami. Outside of the Joe’s Stone Crab what restaurants should I hit in my few days here? Obviously the Pizza place that Gary pimps on Canesport Live. Looking for some good Cuban, Steak or, anything that is all Miami. I’m hoping the Canes are in the Orange Bowl while I’m visiting.

Sorry to post in the War Room. Getting ready to make my first trip ever to the city of Miami. Outside of the Joe’s Stone Crab what restaurants should I hit in my few days here? Obviously the Pizza place that Gary pimps on Canesport Live. Looking for some good Cuban, Steak or, anything that is all Miami. I’m hoping the Canes are in the Orange Bowl while I’m visiting.

Here is a super hott Miami tip, that I would normally charge $250 for, but because it's
your first time to Miami AND you're a Canes fan, AND it's the holiday season and I'm feeling generous, I'm giving it to you for free......

On any given night Joe's will have a 2 or 3 hour wait..... And getting a reservation can be an effort in futility many times........what you can do is GO NEXT DOOR to the resturant itself, they have a little side market-store that you can get just about anything on the main menu amd take it out...

You get the F'n amazing food, you don't have to deal with a huge wait, and the only thing you lose is the ambiance of the restaurant, which is
LOUD and Hechtic.....

I'm my humble opinion, NO RESTURANT is worth a 2 1/2 - 3 hour wait

But the food is AMAZING so I would definitely
try my suggestion

Where are you staying?

Ok
Steak - Smith & Wollensky Miami Beach and sit outside overlooking Goverment Cut and Fisher Island.
Sushi - take a ride to Wynwood, which you probably will anyways. While there go to Suviche
Asian - Wynwood nice restaurant setting at KYU or if you want a more casual setting go to 1800 Lucky.

Here is a super hott Miami tip, that I would normally charge $250 for, but because it's
your first time to Miami AND you're a Canes fan, AND it's the holiday season and I'm feeling generous, I'm giving it to you for free......

On any given night Joe's will have a 2 or 3 hour wait..... And getting a reservation can be an effort in futility many times........what you can do is GO NEXT DOOR to the resturant itself, they have a little side market-store that you can get just about anything on the main menu amd take it out...

You get the F'n amazing food, you don't have to deal with a huge wait, and the only thing you lose is the ambiance of the restaurant, which is
LOUD and Hechtic.....

I'm my humble opinion, NO RESTURANT is worth a 2 1/2 - 3 hour wait

But the food is AMAZING so I would definitely
try my suggestion

Thanks for the tip. I know from being on the board that basically everyone loves Joe’s Stone Crab

Don’t go to Sicilian Oven. It’s a good spot but it’s definitely not worth going out of your way on vacation. A million better spots in Miami.

Reactions: austinostew
Havana Harry's for Cuban - bring a great appetite and get there early or prepare to wait

Quick list:

Astra
Bakan
Kyu
Komodo
Juvia
Swan
Zuma
Los Fuegos
Lido Grill (lunch)
Joes (i would do takeaway and eat at South Point Park)

For Cuban.... Havana Harrys in Coral gables.. Google it and don't take any other suggestions for Cuban.... Massive portions, great prices and good food... Expect a reasonable wait but worth it.
I second Havana Harry’s . Can’t miss choice for Cuban and right next to Merrick Park in the Gables . Nice place to walk off Dinner and enjoy an after dinner cocktail.

I second Havana Harry’s . Can’t miss choice for Cuban and right next to Merrick Park in the Gables . Nice place to walk off Dinner and enjoy an after dinner cocktail.

OP, adding to what allabouttheU said, Havana Harrys is a stones throw from campus also and since you've never been to Miami you need to visit the campus. Visit campus early afternoon and then have a massive, and I mean massive dinner (to the point you'll ask the waiter if he made a mistake on your order) and then go walk it off/ cocktail at Merrick or close by in the Miracle mile area bars as stated above. Good luck!!

Btw, lunch at the Big cheese for pizza before it all is also good, next to campus and it's a Canes haven.

Anyplace you can sit outdoors. Don't do indoors. Where are you staying because that makes a difference.

Miami has HUNDREDS of great restaurants.
Ignore most of these suggestions above, as they are tourist spots. “Joe’s” however is worth the experience. Go around 5-5:30 PM BEFORE it gets loud. Joe’s is truly one of America’s finest and most distinguished restaurants.
You wont go wrong with almost any restaurant down here

Islas Canarias for Cuban or Versailles but mostly because it’s such a staple for Cuban in Miami.

If you like Indian food, the best Indian I’ve ever had is right in Coconut Grove, called Bombay Darbar.

Actually even though there are some great places in Miami, you can make a day out of the Grove despite its best days being behind it.
Nice little part of town to walk around grab good drinks. Has a gourmet burger joint and craft beer places called Lokal, and its seafood place called Kush/spillover, great food at Jaguar, there’s a good wine and cocktail place called Glass & Vine, can walk to the marina and check out Montys Raw Bar, go to Coco Walk for shopping (if its still not under construction), Sapore di Mare has good seafood, Greenstreet Cafe for overrated brunch, el taquito for street tacos, Baracuda for a fun craft beer bar if the college kids haven’t taken over completely, Le Bouchon has French food. All in all I think there are different things to enjoy in Miami for sure, but my wife and I used to make a whole day out of eating and drinkingin coconut grove because you could walk around to all of it, nice views with the marina and the bay with decent to great food and lots of places to drink.

I’m sorry but please don’t plan your dining experiences around Frankies and Arbetters!!!! 😂
You can do a tad better my man.

Agree 1000% .. and I love Arbetters .. but you certainly don't want to travel ONCE in your lifetime to Miami .. seeking Miami cuisine (Cuban, great steaks, eclectic cuisine) and settle for two dogs and a root beer for $5.98!!

Italian IL Gabiano .Makoto in Bal Harbour shopping center is amazing Japanese place(your wife/girl will love the shopping)
If you like hot dogs,definitely go to Arbetters(chili cheese and corn dogs are amazing)

Any recommendations for somewhere that has a nice bourbon spread? Don’t care if it’s hole in the wall or fancy. Just somewhere that has a nice variety

OP, adding to what allabouttheU said, Havana Harrys is a stones throw from campus also and since you've never been to Miami you need to visit the campus. Visit campus early afternoon and then have a massive, and I mean massive dinner (to the point you'll ask the waiter if he made a mistake on your order) and then go walk it off/ cocktail at Merrick or close by in the Miracle mile area bars as stated above. Good luck!!

Btw, lunch at the Big cheese for pizza before it all is also good, next to campus and it's a Canes haven.
Samagy you got that right ! Those portions as scary big ! Great point the Campus , and the Big cheese ? Man I forgot all about that little slice of heaven . We are truly blessed in this town with the plethora of culinary choices we have and all within a 2-3 mile radius of the campus . Great point

Islas Canarias for Cuban or Versailles but mostly because it’s such a staple for Cuban in Miami.

If you like Indian food, the best Indian I’ve ever had is right in Coconut Grove, called Bombay Darbar.

Actually even though there are some great places in Miami, you can make a day out of the Grove despite its best days being behind it.
Nice little part of town to walk around grab good drinks. Has a gourmet burger joint and craft beer places called Lokal, and its seafood place called Kush/spillover, great food at Jaguar, there’s a good wine and cocktail place called Glass & Vine, can walk to the marina and check out Montys Raw Bar, go to Coco Walk for shopping (if its still not under construction), Sapore di Mare has good seafood, Greenstreet Cafe for overrated brunch, el taquito for street tacos, Baracuda for a fun craft beer bar if the college kids haven’t taken over completely, Le Bouchon has French food. All in all I think there are different things to enjoy in Miami for sure, but my wife and I used to make a whole day out of eating and drinkingin coconut grove because you could walk around to all of it, nice views with the marina and the bay with decent to great food and lots of places to drink.
I take it you like to drink? Lol spoken like a true South Floridian !!

Reactions: Umazing561
Cuban: I'll defer. I love Cuban but I am no expert. But I have heard of Havana Harry's as previously posted.
Bourbon spread: SugarCane (Midtown)
Steak: Prime112 (South Beach) gets a rap as being too touristy but I can vouch for them, personally.
Pizza: Andiamo on Biscayne and 55th. (I don't care who tells you anything else).
Italian: Cafe Ragazzi (Surfside) ...OR...Cafe Avanti (Miami Beach)
Argentinean: Fiorito (Miami, 55th and NE 2nd Ave)
Greek/Mediterranean: Mandolin (Miami Design District)

Agree 1000% .. and I love Arbetters .. but you certainly don't want to travel ONCE in your lifetime to Miami .. seeking Miami cuisine (Cuban, great steaks, eclectic cuisine) and settle for two dogs and a root beer for $5.98!!
That's "Two CO, Fry, Coke" fia...

For Cuban.... Havana Harrys in Coral gables.. Google it and don't take any other suggestions for Cuban.... Massive portions, great prices and good food... Expect a reasonable wait but worth it.
Nothing better than an Authentic medianoche y mariquitas con mojo. Oh my God, get me out of GA and back to Miami...

If you’re looking for something fast that is kind of like Cuban food try Chipotle. They are everywhere in Miami.
Also Jersey Mike’s has excellent subs and other varieties of similar foods and several locations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT