ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Who are the commanders?

Cane50

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
I read an ESPN crawler where Wentz was traded to the commanders and I said to myself who the hell are the commanders? And then it dawned on me, it's the Washington football club. f/k/a the Redskins.

I read an ESPN crawler where Wentz was traded to the commanders and I said to myself who the hell are the commanders? And then it dawned on me, it's the Washington football club. f/k/a the Redskins.

Presidents
Senators
Congressmen

Would have all been better names.
Climate Change Activists, Social Justice Warriors, Communists and Cocksuckers would have worked as well

How about the Washington BLM's
Cane56 "I am just sick of the race crap. He didn't come here so I could care less where he went."

Cane56 "Everyone needs to look at all of these threads and look at the guys that immediately injected race"

hack-khaby.gif

Last edited:
Climate Change Activists, Social Justice Warriors, Communists and Cocksuckers would have worked as well
@gferman I was kinda sure that after the last Canesport IT tech overhaul of like 5 or 7 years ago, that a poster could never spell out the word cocksucker.

I am just waiting for some Liberal bunch of assholes to force the Florida State Seminoles to change their name. I would go with the Florida State Avocados, or the Florida State Oranges or the Florida State Immigrants...something along those lines is ok with me.

2 years of research after pandering to the woke and this is what you got! The worst name in the NFL. It’s all just stupid.!

Picked the worst name. Almost as if they’re cutting off their nose to spite their face. “See we changed the slur and now our name is stupid!”
It's every bit as stupid as the Guardians

I am just waiting for some Liberal bunch of assholes to force the Florida State Seminoles to change their name. I would go with the Florida State Avocados, or the Florida State Oranges or the Florida State Immigrants...something along those lines is ok with me.
The Seminoles is a tribe name and Redskin was supposedly a racist term. I do not think they are related. I would love if the were the Avocados. That would be the end of third football program.

Reactions: Allied2651
Picked the worst name. Almost as if they’re cutting off their nose to spite their face. “See we changed the slur and now our name is stupid!”
Yup. I thought they should have made it "Washington Team of Football" so the logo could be WTF!

I don't even think it was a slur. All I know is that a few years ago a Seminole Indian was working for a contractor at my house and called himself a Redskin several times in a prideful manner. It seemed to me like the way people call themselves and friends rednecks.

• Haha
Reactions: znir1
Trailerhassee has a formal agreement with the Seminole Nation. One of the things in the agreement is that the Seminoles advise and assure the authenticity of any representations of the Seminoles down to the horse and outfit that Osceola wears.

Reactions: krvanness
Yup. I thought they should have made it "Washington Team of Football" so the logo could be WTF!

I don't even think it was a slur. All I know is that a few years ago a Seminole Indian was working for a contractor at my house and called himself a Redskin several times in a prideful manner. It seemed to me like the way people call themselves and friends rednecks.
Great analysis. I know some black dudes who call themselves Nig proudly. Buddy of mine is Orthodox and likes calling himself a Ki*e, not even joking. Great thread!

Trailerhassee has a formal agreement with the Seminole Nation. One of the things in the agreement is that the Seminoles advise and assure the authenticity of any representations of the Seminoles down to the horse and outfit that Osceola wears.
Yeah except it’s BS. Zero authentic, the “Nation” is the smallest of the Seminole tribes and those racist hicks in Tallahassee could care less.

We defending Gators next? What about Buckeyes.
Interesting times when Miami fans run to rescue Noles.

Great analysis. I know some black dudes who call themselves Nig proudly. Buddy of mine is Orthodox and likes calling himself a Ki*e, not even joking. Great thread!
There's a difference. I've heard people use the words you mention as racial or ethnic slurs. I've never heard "Redskin" used in a derogatory manner.

I liked Redskins
But wondered why they didn’t have more descriptive names , such as :

Heathen Savages?
Custer’s murderers ?
Pipe smoking scalpers ?
But I guess we are stuck with Commodores
So long as we don’t disrespect my people
Amerigo , Christopher C , John Cabot , all great Italian sailors who were very nice to the Indians that they didn’t enslave or kill !
😇😂

Yeah except it’s BS. Zero authentic, the “Nation” is the smallest of the Seminole tribes and those racist hicks in Tallahassee could care less.

We defending Gators next? What about Buckeyes.
Interesting times when Miami fans run to rescue Noles.
It's not BS. FSU uses the name Seminoles with full support of the tribe! You have proof otherwise? The tribe is proud that their name is used and have always stated so. Why do you think FSU was not forced to change the name as all other schools using Indian names were? Stanford, Marquette, St. John's, N.Dakota, etc. Utah changed their name from Redskins to Utes with the tribe's permission same as FSU with the Seminoles.

Last edited:
Reactions: krvanness
It's not BS. FSU uses the name Seminoles with full support of the tribe! You have proof otherwise? The tribe is proud that their name is used and have always stated so. Why do you think FSU was not forced to change the name as all other schools using Indian names were? Stanford, Marquette, St. John's, N.Dakota, etc. Utah changed their name from Redskins to Utes with the tribe's permission same as FSU with the Seminoles.
Feel free to defend them. Not my job to educate you. I'm a Canes fan, if you want to support a red face, horse riding, spear chucking Nole, go for it. They can suck a big one. Maybe check a history book sometime too, start at Andrew Jackson, I'm done with it.

Cane (we defend Noles) Sports.

Feel free to defend them. Not my job to educate you. I'm a Canes fan, if you want to support a red face, horse riding, spear chucking Nole, go for it. They can suck a big one. Maybe check a history book sometime too, start at Andrew Jackson, I'm done with it.

Cane (we defend Noles) Sports.
Not defending them as there is nothing to defend. Just correcting your "zero authentic" BS! BTW. You're not intelligent enough to educate me and I'm familiar with Andrew Jackson and the Seminole Wars. Same old story. Defeat the Indians, steal their land and ship them to Oklahoma Indian Territory where many died of disease and starvation

Last edited:
Not defending them as there is nothing to defend. Just correcting your "zero authentic" BS! BTW. You're not intelligent enough to educate me!
Seminoles
  • Did not fight on horseback
  • Owned no Appaloosa
  • Did not ride bareback when using horses they were saddled
  • Did not use tomahawks at all
  • Used rifles for combat
  • Did not use bows
  • Did not use spears
  • Have no religious or fighting reference with flaming spears
  • Did not wear face paint
  • Did not use war chants
  • Chief Osceola was half Native half Scottish (his father was a Scotsman)
  • Chief Osceola was a diplomat and military leader
  • Chief Osceola had a black wife and supported freedom (not some savage)
  • Chief Osceola wore western style clothing not “native attire”
  • Chief Osceola did not wear a headdress

Seminoles
  • Did not fight on horseback
  • Owned no Appaloosa
  • Did not ride bareback when using horses they were saddled
  • Did not use tomahawks at all
  • Used rifles for combat
  • Did not use bows
  • Did not use spears
  • Have no religious or fighting reference with flaming spears
  • Did not wear face paint
  • Did not use war chants
  • Chief Osceola was half Native half Scottish (his father was a Scotsman)
  • Chief Osceola was a diplomat and military leader
  • Chief Osceola had a black wife and supported freedom (not some savage)
  • Chief Osceola wore western style clothing not “native attire”
  • Chief Osceola did not wear a headdress
'If you want to support a red face, horse riding, spear chucking Nole, go for it". Used rifles for combat? The Seminoles used war clubs, bows and arrows, spears and axes before they had rifles. The warriors wore face and body paint, tattoes and a scalp lock with a roach style headdress adorned with feathers as can be seen in the picture of the Seminole Chief, Tuko-see-mathla. It's a tradition that makes college football such a great game, like us running through the "smoke" in imitation of a hurricane. You need to do more research before making up unfounded BS!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT