ADVERTISEMENT

People here are fantastic!

3rd Cane

SuperCane
Gold Member
May 5, 2005
We are walking down Main Street in Blowing Rock (The Coconut Grove of Boone, if that's even possible), and people are saying welcome to Boone and staring at us and flashing the U, LOL.

There is definitely a buzz around town but everyone is actually happy to see us here (Miami that is) as its a victory for them that we even came as a team.

Great folks and are actually joking with us that we will not be enamored with their stadium. These folks are in awe of a big time program coming to town.

Have seen several Canes already and we are all flashing the U and showing the Swag!

We are walking down Main Street in Blowing Rock (The Coconut Grove of Boone, if that's even possible), and people are saying welcome to Boone and staring at us and flashing the U, LOL.

There is definitely a buzz around town but everyone is actually happy to see us here (Miami that is) as its a victory for them that we even came as a team.

Great folks and are actually joking with us that we will not be enamored with their stadium. These folks are in awe of a big time program coming to town.

Have seen several Canes already and we are all flashing the U and showing the Swag!
Stay focused because thats what I said about Alabama fans in New Orleans when I was at the 93 Sugar Bowl..........until about the middle of the 3rd Qtr. Wolves in sheep clothing.

Last edited:

If you see Greg from Hickory tell him to get in the phone cue for next week already!

Good showing .. glad you're there and enjoying it ... I'm jealous!! Nice area to visit ... enjoy that game.

Pig+squealing+at+the+end+there+_95b8c455a0f63b90ab8d7b04219f0bbc.jpg

North Carolians are generally a very nice bunch but there is something about sports that triggers their aggressive side. With the kids you figure it's the booze talking but when grandma and grandpa start yacking at you, you just don't know what to think. I've found the UNC fans to be the worst, although the NC State fans are very aggressive, with the Duke fans being some of the friendliest folks I've ever encountered.

I really do love when us U fans represent in a respectful, professional way. Don't get me wrong kicking ass on the field, swag, excetera is awesome and I love rubbing our rival's nose in it during the game. But I have to admit, it always makes me feel good when people can't help themselves but to say damn, as much as I want to hate the U, those Canes fans are alright.

You are in the exact right place. I spent some time there. Classy place

You need to show them what we're all about. Dress up in fatigues, break a beer bottle and jig a local in the gut!

Love it!!! Thx for replying us there. Wish I could've made it.

Reactions: Big Pimpin Cane
Stay focused because thats what I said about Alabama fans in New Orleans when I was at the 93 Sugar Bowl..........until about the middle of the 3rd Qtr. Wolves in sheep clothing.
Yes sir, I was there as well. It turned for me when Teague pulled the ball out on a dead run as we're going in for a long touchdown. forgot who the receiver was.

North Carolians are generally a very nice bunch but there is something about sports that triggers their aggressive side. With the kids you figure it's the booze talking but when grandma and grandpa start yacking at you, you just don't know what to think. I've found the UNC fans to be the worst, although the NC State fans are very aggressive, with the Duke fans being some of the friendliest folks I've ever encountered.

Lol...please. Our fans are as rude and aggressive as they come. Hate to say it, but it's true.

Boone'a great place .... I've been there several times. Need to go to the Boone saloon for a good brewski. Also, blowing rock is very nice and a little upscale ( as North Carolina goes). I think Shula has a place there as well.

Speak for yourself, there's always a few assholes at every teams games

Lol. Back in our glory years when we played OU Steve Owens, who went to OU and won the Heisman traveled with a large group of OU fans for a title game at the OB.
He told my father who was on the OBC and friends with Owens that his group of friends were literally scared for their lives when they walked to their car. He said they were threatened, cussed at and had beer thrown on them. Keep in mind he was probably in his 50's when this happened and hadn't said a word.
He said none of them felt safe even going to the bathroom during the game either as they we're cussed at during entire game.
He travels all over the country watching OU and we won the booby prize as most aggressive, obnoxious fans according to him.
I do think our fans are MUCH better at the new stadium but don't kid yourself, we have more than our share of a holes lol.

Most opposing team fans are hospitable at away games .Sooner fans were great back in 2001 when we played at Norman. But they did kick our butts . We lost all out DTs and we're playing a 245lb guy at the nose.
Some thuggery goes on at our home games, but it's been much better at the Rock.
A night game on Oct 8? All bets are off.

Reactions: CFSteve
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT