ADVERTISEMENT

Question For The Donald On Amazon?

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
29572638_2004460006481140_3629028525673217550_n.jpg

WHICH IS IT?

Problem with Amazon is it’s costing the U.S. Postal Service $2.6 Billion a year because of a special deal they had worked out for shipping. No longer feasible

By the way guess who is footing the bill for that $2.6 Billion?
UUHHHH.....The same people that foot the bill when Trump who characterizes as "Genius" not to pay taxes? Who refuses to show his tax returns like any other president. Funny, I didn't see you making this comment when that was happening.

UUHHHH.....The same people that foot the bill when Trump who characterizes as "Genius" not to pay taxes? Who refuses to show his tax returns like any other president. Funny, I didn't see you making this comment when that was happening.
It’s not a requirement for you to see his taxes lmao. I use every benefit I can during taxes because it’s still the law when it comes to figuring your correct taxable income. So you’re telling me you take a standard deduction every year? Lmao! Stop lying

The Trump/Amazon thing is obviously Trump behaving like a thin skinned, banana republic dictator again. In this case, he doesn't like the Washington Post's coverage of him and is attempting to use Putin style tactics against Bezos to strong arm him into covering Trump favorably - or else he will drive down the value of Amazon's stock by threatening them.

Last edited:
Interesting theory. Do you really believe that?

The Trump/Amazon thing is obviously is Trump behaving like a thin skinned, banana republic dictator again. In this case, he doesn't like the Washington Post's coverage of him and is attempting to use Putin style tactics against Bezos to strong arm him into covering Trump favorably - or else he will drive down the value of Amazon's stock by threatening them.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
The Trump/Amazon thing is obviously is Trump behaving like a thin skinned, banana republic dictator again. In this case, he doesn't like the Washington Post's coverage of him and is attempting to use Putin style tactics against Bezos to strong arm him into covering Trump favorably - or else he will drive down the value of Amazon's stock by threatening them.
Yeah, he wants to be like his hero Putin but unfortunately has hands as small as his mind. He is an idiot trying to preserve the privilege he benefited from all of his life.

Interesting theory. Do you really believe that?

Not only do I believe it, I'm 100% sure of it. Trump is a crony capitalist, who if left unchecked, will attempt to intimidate and bully any person or entity that doesn't portray him favorably. Fortunately we have something called the first amendment that allows journalists to operate free of government intervention.

So far we have Trump attempting to interfere with the ATT/Comcast vertical merger because he would like to get to CNN and now we have the so-called "Amazon/Washington Post" issue. These are the actions of a banana republic dictator who is seeking to control the media in order to pressure them into covering him favorably, while overtly promoting media outlets like Fox, who routinely shirk their journalistic responsibilities by giving him a pass on nearly every controversial issue.

Not only is this an attempt to interfere with independent journalism, its also highly un-American.

Reactions: cdwright40
Yeah, he wants to be like his hero Putin but unfortunately has hands as small as his mind. He is an idiot trying to preserve the privilege he benefited from all of his life.

Putin, Erdogan, Duerte - all dictators that Trump admires and whose countries he would like America to become.

So you believe his actions are for the implied purpose of hurting the people against him?

Not only do I believe it, I'm 100% sure of it. Trump is a crony capitalist, who if left unchecked, will attempt to intimidate and bully any person or entity that doesn't portray him favorably. Fortunately we have something called the first amendment that allows journalists to operate free of government intervention.

So far we have Trump attempting to interfere with the ATT/Comcast vertical merger because he would like to get to CNN and now we have the so-called "Amazon/Washington Post" issue. These are the actions of a banana republic dictator who is seeking to control the media in order to pressure them into covering him favorably, while overtly promoting media outlets like Fox, who routinely shirk their journalistic responsibilities by giving him a pass on nearly every controversial issue.

Not only is this an attempt to interfere with independent journalism, its also highly un-American.

Classic. That would surely explain why he insist on putting constitutional judges in the courts.

Putin, Erdogan, Duerte - all dictators that Trump admires and whose countries he would like America to become.

So you believe his actions are for the implied purpose of hurting the people against him?

They are thinly veiled attempts at intimidating media organizations into paying a price for not covering him the way he would like to be covered, which is again, how things work in places like Russia, Turkey, and other dictatorships.

First, I think you meant Syria and second do you think the dictators of the world whisper threats.

They are thinly veiled attempts at intimidating media organizations into paying a price for not covering him the way he would like to be covered, which is again, how things work in places like Russia, Turkey, and other dictatorships.

Classic. That would surely explain why he insist on putting constitutional judges in the courts.

Putin also installs judges so that wouldn't be anything unusual. Its the gradual erosion of democratic norms - the delegitimization of institutions that should concern everyone.

So you’re suggesting these constitutional judges equate to the judges in Russia?

Putin also installs judges so that wouldn't be anything unusual. Its the gradual erosion of democratic norms - the delegitimization of institutions that should concern everyone.

First, I think you meant Syria and second do you think the dictators of the world whisper threats.

No I meant Turkey. Like Russia - it is another dictatorship masquerading as a democracy, where the strongman controls all facets of life and those who oppose him wind up in jail or dead.

So you’re suggesting these constitutional judges equate to the judges in Russia?

The point is Putin also started out as a law and order nationalist who would bring jobs, structure, and a return to patriotism. They all start out on benign terms and gradually erode the system from within.

Hmmmm, I thought Turkey had a parliamentary system. I tell you what, i’ll Do a bit of research on it when I get back from church services and we can discuss it further later.

No I meant Turkey. Like Russia - it is another dictatorship masquerading as a democracy, where the strongman controls all facets of life and those who oppose him wind up in jail or dead.

Last edited:

Trump shows tax return, Obama unseals all of his records. That is an equal trade, right?

Unsurprisingly, Trump is lying/doesn’t know that Amazon doesn’t actually cost the USPS money. Amazon brought in for the USPS $19 billion in shipping revenue. If you remember, the USPS was going to stop delivering mail on the weekends. But bc of Amazon deliveries, they could make a profit on weekend deliveries. The USPS loses money on paper mail, pensions and health care costs. They make money on parcels. Also, if Trump really cared so much about Amazon’s effective tax rate, they should’ve spent more time crafting a tax bill to close those loopholes.

Trumps attack on Amazon is due to the Washington Post. It’s painfukly obvious to anyone who can be even somewhat objective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul2
Unsurprisingly, Trump is lying/doesn’t know that Amazon doesn’t actually cost the USPS money. Amazon brought in for the USPS $19 billion in shipping revenue. If you remember, the USPS was going to stop delivering mail on the weekends. But bc of Amazon deliveries, they could make a profit on weekend deliveries. The USPS loses money on paper mail, pensions and health care costs. They make money on parcels. Also, if Trump really cared so much about Amazon’s effective tax rate, they should’ve spent more time crafting a tax bill to close those loopholes.

Trumps attack on Amazon is due to the Washington Post. It’s painfukly obvious to anyone who can be even somewhat objective.

Spot on. He is obviously butt hurt that the WaPo aren't willing to stoop to FoxNews levels of propaganda and is attempting to penalize them for it. Standard Putin style tactic for aspiring authoritarians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT