ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question- why didn't Brandon visit Taiwan

NO.SHORECANE

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2003
Could have made a real meaningful statement. South Korea where we have 40,000 troops and a treaty to defend just an expensive photo op. On top of that, he couldn't get the President's name right- no surprise.

We have no formal diplomatic relationship with Taiwan. We do not recognize them as an independent country . They are not members of the UN. That’s the likely reason
And it would piss off China
Russia is one thing . China a whole other thing
Their claim that Taiwan is part of China has some historical merit
The residents of Taiwan are ethnic Chinese, many who fled the mainland in 1948 when the Communists took over .
So now The peoples republic is making noises about incorporating Taiwan into the Republic
They have 1.6 billion people , Taiwan is about the size of Florida
If the Chinese threaten force , what’s our play ?
They aren’t recognized as a separate country, we can’t embargo China or effective sanction them . They hold much of our debt . The manufacture just about everything. ( I needed to regrip my Clubs., all golf grips , made in China)
The Chinese are patient. They see things on a long term basis , they continue to grow . They continue to build a top grade navy . They can field an army 5 times bigger than ours .
I’m not sure that Taiwan is the hill to die on for the USA . We just are not that powerful any longer . The technology advantages we had are rapidly fading away , we sold them to China or they stole them.
This is another crisis that could have been avoided.
The only guy who actually stood up to China, and imposed harsh sanctions.. the one and only Donald J Trump

Reactions: central17
Could have made a real meaningful statement. South Korea where we have 40,000 troops and a treaty to defend just an expensive photo op. On top of that, he couldn't get the President's name right- no surprise.
The guy has no balls.. !! Weak-Ass leader ..!!

He's likely in China's pocket like he was with Burisma. He's a crook and will use Hunter as a front to get whatever dirty money he can get. He should be sharing a prison cell with his crack head son.

We have no formal diplomatic relationship with Taiwan. We do not recognize them as an independent country . They are not members of the UN. That’s the likely reason
And it would piss off China
Russia is one thing . China a whole other thing
Their claim that Taiwan is part of China has some historical merit
The residents of Taiwan are ethnic Chinese, many who fled the mainland in 1948 when the Communists took over .
So now The peoples republic is making noises about incorporating Taiwan into the Republic
They have 1.6 billion people , Taiwan is about the size of Florida
If the Chinese threaten force , what’s our play ?
They aren’t recognized as a separate country, we can’t embargo China or effective sanction them . They hold much of our debt . The manufacture just about everything. ( I needed to regrip my Clubs., all golf grips , made in China)
The Chinese are patient. They see things on a long term basis , they continue to grow . They continue to build a top grade navy . They can field an army 5 times bigger than ours .
I’m not sure that Taiwan is the hill to die on for the USA . We just are not that powerful any longer . The technology advantages we had are rapidly fading away , we sold them to China or they stole them.
This is another crisis that could have been avoided.
The only guy who actually stood up to China, and imposed harsh sanctions.. the one and only Donald J Trump
While I agree with some of you’re points , I believe you are over estimating China and under estimating the USA….iMO , China is a ticking time bomb that could explode in the near future

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT