ADVERTISEMENT

So why all the protest? Why are people angry? A great video with fast talking man explains it best..

They are angry because they can't accept responsibility for themselves. Blacks have become successful in every chosen field including president. Why is it that some blacks see obstacles that hold them back while others see a challenge to overcome. I guess we see which category that the OP falls in. The USA has given more blacks the opportunity to rise from rags to riches than any other country.

They are angry because they can't accept responsibility for themselves. Blacks have become successful in every chosen field including president. Why is it that some blacks see obstacles that hold them back while others see a challenge to overcome. I guess we see which category that the OP falls in. The USA has given more blacks the opportunity to rise from rags to riches than any other country.
And there are legions of prominent, esteemed, and successful African American citizens that will back that sentiment up. It's only the Al Sharpton ilk that doesn't want to hear it...

There are some compelling points in the video and no doubt our country has some serious racist problems prior to the Civil Rights Act. I have two major issues with videos like this.

1. He offers no serious solutions or ideas on how to solve the problem except caring. To that I say "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster". There are a plethora of people out there pretending to care yet do nothing but virtue signal to others. My wife's company (95% high income white's) held a 4 hour long session where they conducted self flagellation on race relations. Are any of them racist, absolutely not. What did they solve, absolutely nothing. They could have gone about their day and used that roughly $250k in billed hours to put 5-10 minority students through an MBA program. Again this is more about coping with feelings than solving actual problems.

2. There is no emphasis on personal responsibility. Yes, America has a racist past. Yes, there are problems with the criminal justice system. Yes, black people do have to overcome obstacles in life more than white people. But millions do and most white Americans want them to, this is an act of choice and is actual empowerment for the black community. I am all for scholarships and home buying assistance whatever, but at the end of the day nothing will change for the better for black people until they decide they want it to. White people telling them they can't possibly succeed because the system is stacked against them does not help and is extremely narcissistic.

And there are legions of prominent, esteemed, and successful African American citizens that will back that sentiment up. It's only the Al Sharpton ilk that doesn't want to hear it...
It doesn't match the narrative that such a beautiful and proud race can not survive without a bunch of rich white elites helping them out.

There are some compelling points in the video and no doubt our country has some serious racist problems prior to the Civil Rights Act. I have two major issues with videos like this.

1. He offers no serious solutions or ideas on how to solve the problem except caring. To that I say "wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up faster". There are a plethora of people out there pretending to care yet do nothing but virtue signal to others. My wife's company (95% high income white's) held a 4 hour long session where they conducted self flagellation on race relations. Are any of them racist, absolutely not. What did they solve, absolutely nothing. They could have gone about their day and used that roughly $250k in billed hours to put 5-10 minority students through an MBA program. Again this is more about coping with feelings than solving actual problems.

2. There is no emphasis on personal responsibility. Yes, America has a racist past. Yes, there are problems with the criminal justice system. Yes, black people do have to overcome obstacles in life more than white people. But millions do and most white Americans want them to, this is an act of choice and is actual empowerment for the black community. I am all for scholarships and home buying assistance whatever, but at the end of the day nothing will change for the better for black people until they decide they want it to. White people telling them they can't possibly succeed because the system is stacked against them does not help and is extremely narcissistic.

This is a response I can agree with...but will say that responsibility doesn't just extend to black people. It extends to all people. I am a very responsible black person. I have an education, I have a home, I have a job, I have a great family. I come from a family that instilled in me there are no excuses. However, that doesn't make what is going on okay. We have serious problems and black people are no different than white people. Some are irresponsible. Some are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: gokcub and kamco360
Your right, it's both Parties!
This is the sole reason I just refuse to get caught up in parties so much as people seem to do. Just because I vote for a democrat, that doesn't mean I don't see their flaws and never call them out. That alone doesn't even guarantee my vote. I vote for the best person overall. I look and listen to the candidates. Being in a party is part of it but it isn't all of it. That's just why politicians do the things they do. Because they don't respect us or our vote.

Reactions: gamecane1979
This is the sole reason I just refuse to get caught up in parties so much as people seem to do. Just because I vote for a democrat, that doesn't mean I don't see their flaws and never call them out. That alone doesn't even guarantee my vote. I vote for the best person overall. I look and listen to the candidates. Being in a party is part of it but it isn't all of it. That's just why politicians do the things they do. Because they don't respect us or our vote.
Bah ahaha ha lol lol cd votes for a conservative lol lol lol can not make this stuff up .

This is a response I can agree with...but will say that responsibility doesn't just extend to black people. It extends to all people. I am a very responsible black person. I have an education, I have a home, I have a job, I have a great family. I come from a family that instilled in me there are no excuses. However, that doesn't make what is going on okay. We have serious problems and black people are no different than white people. Some are irresponsible. Some are not.
100% agree with this, certainly work to be done on all sides. What I hate to see is media and politicians acting like the country is divided on this. Anyone as an American should wish for the success of all other Americans, and I personally think about 98% of them do.

As a black man i can appreciate that video. I see people in here speaking about accountability but there government still hasn't accepted its role in black Americans plight. A lot of those policies are still in place. Yes we can make better choices but when the government is purposely flooding black neighborhoods with crack its hard to say have accountability. Before you say have accountability please ask the government to do the same. I dont know how many ways to say it but this government, the government of these United states purposely brought crack cocaine to black communities. How can any of you speak of accountability for an individual when there government has none. Smdh

As a black man i can appreciate that video. I see people in here speaking about accountability but there government still hasn't accepted its role in black Americans plight. A lot of those policies are still in place. Yes we can make better choices but when the government is purposely flooding black neighborhoods with crack its hard to say have accountability. Before you say have accountability please ask the government to do the same. I dont know how many ways to say it but this government, the government of these United states purposely brought crack cocaine to black communities. How can any of you speak of accountability for an individual when there government has none. Smdh
Please provide one piece of legislation that shows a government sanctioning of crack distribution anywhere at anytime in US history. You could argue drug sentencing reforms and many would probably agree with you, I would and I am a lifelong Republican. Throwing around unsubstantiated nonsense like the government distributing crack also not helpful to anyone.

Reactions: majus12
Please provide one piece of legislation that shows a government sanctioning of crack distribution anywhere at anytime in US history. You could argue drug sentencing reforms and many would probably agree with you, I would and I am a lifelong Republican. Throwing around unsubstantiated nonsense like the government distributing crack also not helpful to anyone.

Do your research before you speak.The CIA did it in California. And last i checked they are a united states agency.

I see it's been said by some on here that blacks don't accept responsibility for our actions and we have it just as easy and the playing field is level. Well here's a short clip that kill that bullshit. And these are facts.

Lol got news for you a lot of white folks doing the crack.

Doesnt change the fact that the United states government sold crack to blacks
Actually that entire story has been proven to been false. The concept your referring to, specifically the CIA sold crack cocaine to mostly blacks in LA in the 1980s was based upon a 3 part series that appeared in the San Jose Mercury News in 1996 and was based SOLEY on the statements of Ricky Ross, who at one time was the largest crack dealer in LA in the 1980s. His statements have since all been discredited and he had been shown to be simply making up what he was saying. Further, it was shown that journalists at the San Jose Mercury admitted you paying Ross for his “stories” and took them at face value without any fact checking. Crack cocaine blew up in the 80s for one simple reason, there was a glut on the cocaine market due to the increased production in Colombia and Peru. The cartels consolidated and improved production methods significantly in the early 80s leading to a flood on the market. Dealers in the US had a lot of coke and not as many customers as needed that either wanted or could afford to buy powdered coke. So crack was born. And it was cheaper and sold in the black communities as many of those users couldn’t afford coke but could afford crack. So yeah it wasn’t the CIA.

Reactions: majus12
Actually that entire story has been proven to been false. The concept your referring to, specifically the CIA sold crack cocaine to mostly blacks in LA in the 1980s was based upon a 3 part series that appeared in the San Jose Mercury News in 1996 and was based SOLEY on the statements of Ricky Ross, who at one time was the largest crack dealer in LA in the 1980s. His statements have since all been discredited and he had been shown to be simply making up what he was saying. Further, it was shown that journalists at the San Jose Mercury admitted you paying Ross for his “stories” and took them at face value without any fact checking. Crack cocaine blew up in the 80s for one simple reason, there was a glut on the cocaine market due to the increased production in Colombia and Peru. The cartels consolidated and improved production methods significantly in the early 80s leading to a flood on the market. Dealers in the US had a lot of coke and not as many customers as needed that either wanted or could afford to buy powdered coke. So crack was born. And it was cheaper and sold in the black communities as many of those users couldn’t afford coke but could afford crack. So yeah it wasn’t the CIA.

Well, I don't know about this particular story being proven false. You aren't really linking any sources here so it seems like conjecture to me...or your opinion based on some information you have.

What I do know that is that the government purposely used to test black people for ways to cure syphilis by giving it to them on purpose...and watching them deteriorate. Reverend Wright mentioned these things and was vilified but you know what? He was actually correct. If I were Obama I would have kept going to his church. Because the truth hurts...but it sets you free.
https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/timeline.htm

Well, I don't know about this particular story being proven false. You aren't really linking any sources here so it seems like conjecture to me...or your opinion based on some information you have.

What I do know that is that the government purposely used to test black people for ways to cure syphilis by giving it to them on purpose...and watching them deteriorate. Reverend Wright mentioned these things and was vilified but you know what? He was actually correct. If I were Obama I would have kept going to his church. Because the truth hurts...but it sets you free.
But yet you were willing to try and impeach a sitting President over conjecture, opinions, and feelings. Priceless.

Reactions: utatem

Y'all are brainwashed lol. You can buy that theory if you like.

/hits the buzzard,,,,,,Op they are as shallow and convoluted as yourself !?!? ,,,, survey says ,,,,,,,,,, 52 ! #1 answer !
OGC.2143bf30d4e5ba18d22387716345bc30

Last edited:
Respect your opinion , but I have a question for you ... you stated the government planted crack in the black neighborhoods ( I am not disagreeing with you here , nor am I agreeing with you )... with that said, do you think the opioid epidemic was planted in the white community as well by the US government ? TYIA for your response

Reactions: mahb
LoL bahabahhahbbhaaha . My gosh you can not make this stuff up lol

Well the source was Ross himself in a jail house interview in 2000 so there’s that. Further, the authors of the series admitted to paying Ross for his stories which I’m assuming you understand why that’s a huge issue. As far as the reason I explained for the explosion of crack was from actual dope cops and DEA agents that I’ve worked with that in their career(s) were in Miami, LA, South America and other large areas and saw first hand what was happening. And why does it not surprise me that you want to think that it was the big bad (and I’m sure you think white) CIA that created the crack epidemic in many black communities instead of the real culprits, black coke dealers looking to find new customers and make more money by exploiting members of their own community. This just goes along with your refusal to assign ANY responsibility to the black community for their own issues. And I know that you and many in the black community feel you’re the only ones who have ever been treated poorly by the Govt but plenty of people of other races including whites have also been. One that comes to mind is Operation Green Run where the Atomic Energy Commission released Xenon-133 (which is highly radioactive) over three towns in Washington State in 1949. Oh the those three towns were almost exclusively populated by white people. This is just one example of many. But again typical of you and people who think like you; only blacks have been treated poorly over the years. You’re such a joke.

Well the source was Ross himself in a jail house interview in 2000 so there’s that. Further, the authors of the series admitted to paying Ross for his stories which I’m assuming you understand why that’s a huge issue. As far as the reason I explained for the explosion of crack was from actual dope cops and DEA agents that I’ve worked with that in their career(s) were in Miami, LA, South America and other large areas and saw first hand what was happening. And why does it not surprise me that you want to think that it was the big bad (and I’m sure you think white) CIA that created the crack epidemic in many black communities instead of the real culprits, black coke dealers looking to find new customers and make more money by exploiting members of their own community. This just goes along with your refusal to assign ANY responsibility to the black community for their own issues. And I know that you and many in the black community feel you’re the only ones who have ever been treated poorly by the Govt but plenty of people of other races including whites have also been. One that comes to mind is Operation Green Run where the Atomic Energy Commission released Xenon-133 (which is highly radioactive) over three towns in Washington State in 1949. Oh the those three towns were almost exclusively populated by white people. This is just one example of many. But again typical of you and people who think like you; only blacks have been treated poorly over the years. You’re such a joke.

I'm not sure why you would equate blacks being treated poorly to nobody else being treated poorly. That's rather silly and self indulgent. It's like telling Black Lives Matters they aren't the only ones that matter. This kind of conjecture is just not relevant to the main point.

Just because the government treats white people poorly as well does not make it of equal equivalency. Blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police. No respective person is going to be okay with this black or white....simple because white people are killed by the police too. This is obviously an issue.

So...I say all this to say systemic mistreatment of blacks is unequivocally done to blacks vs whites. This isn't my opinion. It's a fact. The government is just people handling tax dollars. Just people. People have mistreated blacks on a much larger scale going all the way back to the days of slavery. These are just people.... just because they may work for the government that makes no difference. Horrible people are horrible people and that doesn't just make them horrible to blacks. They will be horrible to any poor person or people with less resources. That could be white people too. It's just that it happens to blacks on a much wider scale.

I'm not sure why you would equate blacks being treated poorly to nobody else being treated poorly. That's rather silly and self indulgent. It's like telling Black Lives Matters they aren't the only ones that matter. This kind of conjecture is just not relevant to the main point.

Just because the government treats white people poorly as well does not make it of equal equivalency. Blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by the police. No respective person is going to be okay with this black or white....simple because white people are killed by the police too. This is obviously an issue.

So...I say all this to say systemic mistreatment of blacks is unequivocally done to blacks vs whites. This isn't my opinion. It's a fact. The government is just people handling tax dollars. Just people. People have mistreated blacks on a much larger scale going all the way back to the days of slavery. These are just people.... just because they may work for the government that makes no difference. Horrible people are horrible people and that doesn't just make them horrible to blacks. They will be horrible to any poor person or people with less resources. That could be white people too. It's just that it happens to blacks on a much wider scale.
You keep telling the same lie over and over no matter how many times it's been proven false with facts. For every 10,000 arrests of a black person for a violent crime, 3 are killed. for every 10,000 arrests of a white person for a violent crime, 4 are killed. There are nearly twice as many whites killed by police each year and twice as many unarmed whites are killed than blacks.

Wait seriously? I brought it up because YOU are the one who stated that blacks were tested on and given Syphillis by Govt. YOU specifically singled out blacks as being mistreated. My response to you was to show you that it’s not just blacks, which is honestly what you and many who think like you believe; that blacks are the only ones (more precise the only ones who matter) who have been mistreated over the years.

Wait seriously? I brought it up because YOU are the one who stated that blacks were tested on and given Syphillis by Govt. YOU specifically singled out blacks as being mistreated. My response to you was to show you that it’s not just blacks, which is honestly what you and many who think like you believe; that blacks are the only ones (more precise the only ones who matter) who have been mistreated over the years.
Don't need a recap. I know who brought it up and why. I didn't bring it up to single out blacks. I brought it up to point out what the video points out. While white people have been mistreated it is a false equivalence. Watch the video if you don't believe me. These are facts! Not opinion. Black people aren't going to just shut up because others are mistreated too. That would be stupid. Blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by cops and blacks are only 13% of the population. Being quiet means extinction. It's not going to happen. It never has happened which is why minorities will be the majority in 2044 or so.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT