ADVERTISEMENT

Somewhat OT

austinostew

SuperCane
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Indianapolis just announced no fans will be allowed to attend the Indy 500 this year. The race probably generates around 500 million or more in local revenue, ie hotels, restaurants, shopping, etc.

With that announcement I have a way less than optimistic feeling about college football taking place this fall. When you look at that revenue loss from a single event in this city. You can totally forget about fans for sure this year either way.

I haven't been optimistic about college ball for two months now. It's gonna be interesting. I would be surprised in they forge out a season.

I haven't been optimistic about college ball for two months now. It's gonna be interesting. I would be surprised in they forge out a season.
Trying to look at the brightside if things are cancelled, thats a total reset button to College football in 2021 season. We will have 50 guys on almost every team that have not seen a down in a game. We will have a top 10 and possibly top 5 class along with out top 6 class from 2018 as upper class. We could be pretty darm good, plus King likley stays as NFL scouts are looking at him as a WR and he wants to stay at QB, Miami is his ticket. I feel pretty good about King starting vs Bama vs a Freshman that hasnt seen game action or Perry.
We could go 10-0 and win a national title this year and if teams are bowing out or playing games without there top players, there will always be an asterisk nest to our title or anyone's for that matter. 2020 will always go down as a wasted season or will it be the year that NCAA reboots for 2021.
I dont know man, just rolling with it, hoping only Nick Saban gets covid, doesnt die but at least needs to retire.

Reactions: cdwright40
No fans are a given until things improve
I posted yesterday that it all depends on what the infection rates are. That will determine whether we have a fall season , a spring season or no season
If things stay static for a while and then decrease, I will be more optimistic on games being played there will have to be a significant decrease in infection rates for fans to be allowed on a limited basis
The Indy 500 is being run ? Right?
MLB is being played , the NFL is going forward
as well as the NBA .
Watch the numbers first

OP is using a flawed metric. Amount of fans at football games will be a local decision. Case in point, UM has publicly stated that their fan attendance policy will be identical to the Fins. And the Fins will have live fans. Graduating to a higher number as the season progresses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT