ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium issue will not go away

May 3, 2013
Yes , millions are being spent on Sun Life. It will never be the real home for the U. The city of Miami really got the shaft when they built Marlins Park. Attendance is at the bottom of the league and it is not going to change. I propose a study in the cost of changes needed to add seating and make it work well for football. I don't mean just throwing seats in and not making architectural changes that will make it a first class football football facility. It would cost far less than constructing a stadium from scratch. It can then ser've as the home of U football and any possible soccer team. Not to mention the Orange Bowl game or a new major bowl game. I am sure with all the negativity on this forum, there will plenty of "get over it already" or " never happen". Sooner rather than later the city of Miami will have to accept that they were taken by the Marlins. Attendance will never increase enough to change that. This idea becomes the only option for correcting that fiasco. Sun Life does not count on the revenue from the U to make the renovation a success. Getting out of that agreement will not be an obstacle to getting this done. This also gives the city the only chance they have to make something good out of their destruction of the OB. The only real historical legacy identified with Miami. Finally the CANES have done more for S Florida and the city than all the sports teams combined. When you travel this country and you mention Miami. The first thing people talk about is the U, not the Fins, Heat , Marlins or Panthers. It can be done and should be done. Go ahead , hit me with all your negativity. Or shock me with your ideas on how to get this done. Yes I'm a believer. ALL ABOUT THE U !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News