ADVERTISEMENT

Success can only be seen if you look for it

Cane919

SuperCane
Jul 27, 2008
I’ve started 5 threads that speak to the success of President Trump this morning. They were about the DJIA, overall unemployment, black unemployment, Hispanic/Latin unemployment, and wage growth.

I encourage everyone to take a look and I’ll be glad to discuss any/all of it later if you’d like. For now though, a day at the park with my grand baby.

I’ve started 5 threads that speak to the success of President Trump this morning. They were about the DJIA, overall unemployment, black unemployment, Hispanic/Latin unemployment, and wage growth.

I encourage everyone to take a look and I’ll be glad to discuss any/all of it later if you’d like. For now though, a day at the park with my grand baby.

That’s a great way to spend the day. Enjoy

Reactions: PalmaBoy
Enjoy your day with your grandchild. As far as the unemployment figures, I don't think anyone denies they are looking good. However, it's difficult to compare Obama to Trump at this point in his presidency simply because they inherited two very different economies.

I'm sure you will agree with the fact that Obama took office right at the beginning of the great recession. So yes things got worse as far as unemployment at the beginning of his term. But things started to turn and unemployment went from a high of 10% at one point in 2009 to I believe 4.8% when he left office.

So now Donald had the luxury of starting in a very good economy and to his credit the numbers are better. So like I said it's very hard to compare when they started in two very different economies and one is only a year in while the other did 8 years. We shall see what the economy looks like when Trump has a full term to implement his polices and decisions. I'm an American and I hope he does well for all of our sake. We will see.

You don't have to look very hard or this. The good people have spoken.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ele...iw=1527&bih=744&dpr=1.25#imgrc=ZvNFrGTrEWFX1M:

Bro, I thought you were some young know it all punk. Instead you're an old know it fart. Lol How many you have?

Ok, to recap some of the success President Trump has had we talked about 5 areas so far.

First we talked about the DJIA where it soared in President Trumps first year in office. In fact, it nearly doubled any year Obama was in office with a 6339.32 gain.

Second we talked about the overall unemployment rate where President Trump took it to new lows. It’s sitting at 4.1 and projected to hit 3.5 - 3.9 range soon.

Third we discussed the black unemployment rate where President Trump championed the cause. Results are in and the black unemployment rate is now at 6.8. That’s a far cry from the 12.9% average of his predecessor and something everyone can be happy about.

Fourth, we took a look at the Hispanic/Latin unemployment rate and it just gets better. Another historically low number with it sitting at 4.9.

Lastly, we talked about wage growth and there too we found improvements. Blame it on the recession, but 5 1/2 years after he took office was the first time Obama saw average wage growth at 3. President Trump however is clipping along at 3.6 and we’re all doing better.

So I think we can all agree the economy is doing better and we are feeling the results of it. It may be the new job you have, your income rising, or perhaps even more money in your 401k.

Special Note: This is not a referendum on Obama. He came into office with a recession which took him a while to get through. That said, if you were satisfied with what he ended up with, then you should be ecstatic to where we’ve come. We all should be, and like Lou said, as Americans we should be praying for the success.

Next topic? Maybe a closer look at the tax break to clarify who is getting what.

Ok, to recap some of the success President Trump has had we talked about 5 areas so far.

First we talked about the DJIA where it soared in President Trumps first year in office. In fact, it nearly doubled any year Obama was in office with a 6339.32 gain.

Second we talked about the overall unemployment rate where President Trump took it to new lows. It’s sitting at 4.1 and projected to hit 3.5 - 3.9 range soon.

Third we discussed the black unemployment rate where President Trump championed the cause. Results are in and the black unemployment rate is now at 6.8. That’s a far cry from the 12.9% average of his predecessor and something everyone can be happy about.

Fourth, we took a look at the Hispanic/Latin unemployment rate and it just gets better. Another historically low number with it sitting at 4.9.

Lastly, we talked about wage growth and there too we found improvements. Blame it on the recession, but 5 1/2 years after he took office was the first time Obama saw average wage growth at 3. President Trump however is clipping along at 3.6 and we’re all doing better.

So I think we can all agree the economy is doing better and we are feeling the results of it. It may be the new job you have, your income rising, or perhaps even more money in your 401k.

Special Note: This is not a referendum on Obama. He came into office with a recession which took him a while to get through. That said, if you were satisfied with what he ended up with, then you should be ecstatic to where we’ve come. We all should be, and like Lou said, as Americans we should be praying for the success.

Next topic? Maybe a closer look at the tax break to clarify who is getting what.
I agree with your last paragraph.

This saying also applies to life in general. Other than illegal immigrants, if they happen to be posting on Canesport, who else here's quality of life has been affected by Trump? Presidents come and go, but only you, the individual, controls your destiny if you allow yourself to take charge. Right now I am like a pig in s**t because of the market.....but I also know that it can turn on a dime so I have to make smart decisions. The only reason I can think of as to why many om here, and many on social media accounts have such vitriol towards Trump is because he is the soup de jour for hatred they've always had. Sure, maybe Trump inflames their hatred, but hatred was there before Trump took office. In sum, unhappy people will continue to be unhappy regardless of who the president is. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
LOL. Another phoney who never shows up at games. Meanwhile, I turn down like 100 autographs a game.

It always seems to be about anger and violence with you libs.
I don't show up for games? Child please. Been doing that for at least 25 years. Get out of my lane, sonny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT