ADVERTISEMENT

Take a minute to reflect on Memorial Day

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
For those who have served and sacrificed for our great country. A country that has done more in 246 years than any other country on earth.
The freedoms we enjoy, the wrongs we have made right, the role we have played in the world, the inventions and advancements to society, the ability to debate openly and freely, the work yet to be done, the protections our military provides to millions of people daily, and so much more..............................

And some died for it all, some were maimed for it all, some are serving in harms way as I write this.
So just take a minute today or raise your beer when you are grilling later and remind each other and your children why we dedicate a day for remembrance.

Harry
USN 79-85

Very somber day if you love our country. Volunteer US Navy Medical Corps 1969- 1972.

Very somber day if you love our country. Volunteer US Navy Medical Corps 1969- 1972.
I DM'd you but you might not have seen it.
How's your kids feeling? All better??
Thank you for your service I was a Scrub Tech Nat'l Naval Medical Center Bethesda, MD facial trauma and maxillofacial surgery. 82-84

For those who have served and sacrificed for our great country. A country that has done more in 246 years than any other country on earth.
The freedoms we enjoy, the wrongs we have made right, the role we have played in the world, the inventions and advancements to society, the ability to debate openly and freely, the work yet to be done, the protections our military provides to millions of people daily, and so much more..............................

And some died for it all, some were maimed for it all, some are serving in harms way as I write this.
So just take a minute today or raise your beer when you are grilling later and remind each other and your children why we dedicate a day for remembrance.

Harry
USN 79-85
I love this post!

Reactions: cortez55403
Randomly came across the below picture. It does merit saying that that putting aside all the hyper partisan and money driven current racial divisions, IMO there is no doubt that the military contributions of African American's towards the freedom of the greatest country in the history of the world have not always been adequately recognized and published. Men like these are true American heroes.

Last edited:

Harry
USN 79-85
USMC Vietnam Vet. '67-'69

Randomly came across the below picture. It does merit saying that that putting aside all the hyper partisan and money driven current racial divisions, IMO there is no doubt that the military contributions of African American's towards the freedom of the greatest country in the history of the world have not always been adequately recognized and published. Men like these are true American hero's.

There are no atheists or racists in a foxhole!

Thanks for yours too. My Dad was career Navy. No, I'm an old man, not a young punk. Why do think I know so much? LOL!
Mike.
Thank you for your service. Now, please listen to what you may think is the dark side. I hope to believe that you desire the same positive outcomes as we do. Not saying that we have to agree on every detail, but I have seen a hope to your seeing the failure of the liberal wet dreams

Mike.
Thank you for your service. Now, please listen to what you may think is the dark side. I hope to believe that you desire the same positive outcomes as we do. Not saying that we have to agree on every detail, but I have seen a hope to your seeing the failure of the liberal wet dreams
Your Party is against the majority of Americans on almost every major issue from abortion to gun control. I don't know how you win any elections. 69% think Roe v Wade should not be overturned. 60% say gun laws should be tougher.

Last edited:
Thanks for your service. I went in in 69 and was told I was going to Nam, and then they didn't send me. I'll never know why. It's not like I had any pull.
The Nixon administration gradually began reducing the number of U.S. forces in Vietnam in 1969. I never much cared for Nixon but he probably saved my life. I was at Khe Sanh during the siege when the NVA were on the verge of overrunning the base. Nixon warned if they did so he would resort to nukes. They pulled back and never attacked.

Last edited:
My Chief Corpsman saw some bad shit at Dong Ha.
Dong Ha saw some of the fiercest fighting in the war and our troops were outnumbered 15/1. I was working out of Phu Bai about 50 miles south. I was a photo/journalist and sent to every hot spot in I Corps. Wherever the action was at the time. Best job I've ever had. Every day was lived to the fullest because you never knew if you would see another. I learned to appreciate simple comforts. A hot shower was nirvana.

Last edited:
Reactions: 801canesmxer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT