ADVERTISEMENT

Tax Cut Flops......Trump in Trouble!!

My little "direct deposit" at the end of the month has been a + $57.00. So, $57.00 X 12 = $684.00. $684.00 divided by 52 = $13.15. You're on to something.....
I'm not getting what I was promised.
You are getting what you were promised.

want.gif

I’ll be glad to discuss it with you tomorrow, but I think you’ll find President Trumps numbers are better across the board. Tomorrow though and for a head start I’ll tell you I will bring up the DJIA, overall unemployment, minority unemployent, and wage increases. Look forward to it

So you want to compare 1 year of Trump to 8 years of Obama?

How about some real time data:

1: I am a CPA and have prepared almost 300 personal tax returns to date

2: my tax software prepares a comparison of old and new tax laws

3: tax returns that I have prepared that have zero effect from tax law changes paid virtually no tax to begin with...probably less then 10 returns

4: tax returns that resulted in an increase in tax due to living in states with high income taxes or losing certain misc itemized deductions such as advisory fees or large unreimbursed employee expenses...10-15 returns

5: tax returns resulting in a decrease in tax from as low as $700 up to $6,000...with incomes ranging from $50,000 to $300,000...about 90% of tax returns prepared to date

6: tax returns resulting in tax reductions greater then $6,000 with incomes ranging from $300,000 to $1,000,000...about 10% of tax returns prepared to date. I would say the average tax reduction in this range is $15-$20k

This is real data..not some weighted poll or left wing media outlet...

Not really. Most working stiffs don't have deductions to game the system. They know right away what effects this tax bill will have on them. They simply adjust their W-4 form up or down on exemptions. The bottom line is folks aren't seeing much of an increase. Only the rich.
Adjusting allowances on the W-4 is simply the employees way of estimating what he thinks to be his tax bill. Until he files his tax return in 2018, he won’t know if he quested correctly or not.

Now that wouldn’t be fair now would it. I’ll give you the advantage, pick any year from Obama’s years and we can compare it to President Trumps first year.

So you want to compare 1 year of Trump to 8 years of Obama?

Reactions: dolcane
Now that wouldn’t be fair now would it. I’ll give you the advantage, pick any year from Obama’s years and we can compare it to President Trumps first year.
Not a fair comparison. W left Obama a depression. He had to bring this economy from the brink of collapse. Trump was handed an economy that was far better than what Obama had. Trump has benefited from Obama's great economy.

Reactions: gokcub
Adjusting allowances on the W-4 is simply the employees way of estimating what he thinks to be his tax bill. Until he files his tax return in 2018, he won’t know if he quested correctly or not.
Do you even know that most Americans don't have itemized deductions and therefore use the short form? This might help you. Notice as the income goes up more people itemize. What does that tell you?

https://taxfoundation.org/most-americans-dont-itemize-their-tax-returns/

Do you even know that most Americans don't have itemized deductions and therefore use the short form? This might help you. Notice as the income goes up more people itemize. What does that tell you?

https://taxfoundation.org/most-americans-dont-itemize-their-tax-returns/
yes I am well aware. My point is that changing your allowances on your W-4 only changes your employer withheld taxes. This is your ESTIMATED taxes. It is NOT your ACTUAL taxes. That is only computed when you file your annual 1040 or 1040ez. If you estimated low, you pay the IRS. If you estimated too much, the IRS pays you.

yes I am well aware. My point is that changing your allowances on your W-4 only changes your employer withheld taxes. This is your ESTIMATED taxes. It is NOT your ACTUAL taxes. That is only computed when you file your annual 1040 or 1040ez. If you estimated low, you pay the IRS. If you estimated too much, the IRS pays you.
Bro, those exemptions are fairly accurate in determining your tax obligation assuming no itemization. The point of this discussion is most Americans are already seeing the effects of this "tax cut". They don't have to wait until they file their 2018 tax return because most Americans don't itemize therefore they can't game the system for more money. What they are seeing now is what most will get thus their tax rate.

3: tax returns that I have prepared that have zero effect from tax law changes paid virtually no tax to begin with...probably less then 10 returns

4: tax returns that resulted in an increase in tax due to living in states with high income taxes or losing certain misc itemized deductions such as advisory fees or large unreimbursed employee expenses...10-15 returns

5: tax returns resulting in a decrease in tax from as low as $700 up to $6,000...with incomes ranging from $50,000 to $300,000...about 90% of tax returns prepared to date

6: tax returns resulting in tax reductions greater then $6,000 with incomes ranging from $300,000 to $1,000,000...about 10% of tax returns prepared to date. I would say the average tax reduction in this range is $15-$20k

You want us to believe your sample of tax returns from your area and not a legitimate poll? Why? Can we examine your samples to ensure they're what you say they are?

Last edited:
Bro, those exemptions are fairly accurate in determining your tax obligation assuming no itemization. The point of this discussion is most Americans are already seeing the effects of this "tax cut". They don't have to wait until they file their 2018 tax return because most Americans don't itemize therefore they can't game the system for more money. What they are seeing now is what most will get thus their tax rate.
It’s all bullsh*t anyway Cems. ALL politcians lie to us all for their own personal gain. That’s D and R. The drunken sailor spending budget that just passed demonstrates that. They all use the tax code to either buy votes or hustle campaign contributions from business and special interest.

One day it will all blow up and no one will accept responsibility. They will just blame each other and us “useful idiots” will take a side.

Very Sad. Look at the history of former great countries and it always ends the same. The sheep get sheared.

Maybe, but there's not one area that President Trump has not improved upon up to this point and there's a glaring difference in both minority unemployment and in wage growth. All that said, a person may not like him personally, but there's little doubt he's succeeding in his job.

Not a fair comparison. W left Obama a depression. He had to bring this economy from the brink of collapse. Trump was handed an economy that was far better than what Obama had. Trump has benefited from Obama's great economy.

Maybe, but there's not one area that President Trump has not improved upon up to this point and there's a glaring difference in both minority unemployment and in wage growth. All that said, a person may not like him personally, but there's little doubt he's succeeding in his job.
The numbers have improved. You should also thank Obama not W.

Reactions: gokcub
It’s all bullsh*t anyway Cems. ALL politcians lie to us all for their own personal gain. That’s D and R. The drunken sailor spending budget that just passed demonstrates that. They all use the tax code to either buy votes or hustle campaign contributions from business and special interest.

One day it will all blow up and no one will accept responsibility. They will just blame each other and us “useful idiots” will take a side.

Very Sad. Look at the history of former great countries and it always ends the same. The sheep get sheared.
That was a freaken hard right turn. One moment we talking about the tax bill then you're talking about what a shzzt country we have. What the fuk?

That was a freaken hard right turn. One moment we talking about the tax bill then you're talking about what a shzzt country we have. What the fuk?
No, not our country. We have a great county. The best in the history of the planet. It’s our ruling class that sucks. They’ve sold us out and left all divided and mortgaged our future for their own interests.

No, not our country. We have a great county. The best in the history of the planet. It’s our ruling class that sucks. They’ve sold us out and left all divided and mortgaged our future for their own interests.
You do know we have the power to can their asses?

You want us to believe your sample of tax returns from your area and not a legitimate poll? Why? Can we examine your samples to ensure they're what you say they are?

We’ve seen how accurate these national polls have been...

My area is south Florida...no reason to fabricate info...you’ll just have to trust me

We’ve seen how accurate these national polls have been...

My area is south Florida...no reason to fabricate info...you’ll just have to trust me
Not doubting what you did only questioning your sample size and whether it's representative of the entire country. That's why we have national polls.

I’m sure you realize most national polls have a sample size of less then 2,000 people.

Suffice it to say, where they get that sample from will make a huge difference. For instance, if I took the sample from the northeast, guns may be taking, welfare may be cut, and Hillary would have been president. Now, take that same sample size from the southeast and things would be reversed. Everyone would be issued a handgun and rifle, welfare may be increased for those who really need it with those who abuse it eliminated, and suffice it to say Hillary may be president, but only in cell block C.

Not doubting what you did only questioning your sample size and whether it's representative of the entire country. That's why we have national polls.

I’m sure you realize most national polls have a sample size of less then 2,000 people.

Suffice it to say, where they get that sample from will make a huge difference. For instance, if I took the sample from the northeast, guns may be taking, welfare may be cut, and Hillary would have been president. Now, take that same sample size from the southeast and things would be reversed. Everyone would be issued a handgun and rifle, welfare may be increased for those who really need it with those who abuse it eliminated, and suffice it to say Hillary may be president, but only in cell block C.
I'm very much aware of how statistical sampling works. It sounds like you are proving my point as it relates to the poster's sample. He lives in SOFLA and thus he's using a sample that has no state taxes and a myriad of differences from other parts of the country thus the benefit of a national poll. Thank you.

In fact cems you’re confusing Apollo with real data. You see a poll is based on answers to questions, while klcane provided real data. Think of it this way. The pre-election polls had Hillary winning big as it relied on answers to questions that could not be verified, while the election results used real data which thankfully gave President Trump a resounding victory.

I'm very much aware of how statistical sampling works. It sounds like you are proving my point as it relates to the poster's sample. He lives in SOFLA and thus he's using a sample that has no state taxes and a myriad of differences from other parts of the country thus the benefit of a national poll. Thank you.

In fact cems you’re confusing Apollo with real data. You see a poll is based on answers to questions, while klcane provided real data. Think of it this way. The pre-election polls had Hillary winning big as it relied on answers to questions that could not be verified, while the election results used real data which thankfully gave President Trump a resounding victory.
Resounding? Last I checked Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million.

As a reminder...

304 to 227

30 states to 20

I’d say that’s resounding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT