ADVERTISEMENT

The New New Miami...

cdwright40

SuperCane
Aug 14, 2007
Mario has done very well I will admit putting together his staff / vision. He was afforded the budget that the other guys didn't have but in his defense he asked for that before he would take the job. So, while he wasn't my preference he has done better than I expected so far. That is without seeing what happens when he has to manage games. Which really was my main complaint about him. He seems to have a great vision and a very high standard. So, really as one of the few here that really didn't prefer we go after him I will fairly say he has done well. Here are a few questions though. Not to nitpic or be critical of anything he has done.

1. Special Teams: I am anxious to see how that part of the equation is handled. I am a huge believer in special teams and believe it is equally one third of how games are won or lost of the three phases of the game. I don't think his staff is complete quite yet but that is a question mark for me.

2. Exactly how much access is Mario going to allow when it comes to practice. I saw where he is going to allow parents access to practice. I think that is a good idea but I just like the idea of limiting what we are showing as far as what we are doing when it comes to scrimmages etc.

3. I would like the AD to speak more on all the changes taking place now that Miami has obviously made a real commitment to winning at the highest level. We are seeing a commitment we haven't seen at Miami even when we were winning national championships. I would love to know more about the new facilities I hear on the horizon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News