ADVERTISEMENT

There is a group of you guys getting ready to get banned for continued misuse of mrssage board

primarily the Lounge.

Would be a shame.

I think you know who you are and this is your chance to correct the problem.
This is a very unfair post. By being vague like this no one really knows who you are addressing and what the transgressions are. If I or anyone else posted something that is such a problem I or others should be told what the transgression is so that we do not repeat it. A vague threat like this just results in people posting less which can't possibly be your desired result.

It's about time you ban canesreturn21.
I follow the rules, argue the merits and stick to facts. Sad same can't be said about some that engage in profane, personal attacks because they don't know enough basic facts to argue the merits. We can disagree but no need to engage in puerile, juvenile attacks.

This is a very unfair post. By being vague like this no one really knows who you are addressing and what the transgressions are. If I or anyone else posted something that is such a problem I or others should be told what the transgression is so that we do not repeat it. A vague threat like this just results in people posting less which can't possibly be your desired result.
Just review the rules. I've violated them in past responding to personal attacks from what CD aptly calls "the mean girls club" and suffered bans. I try not to stoop to their level anymore.

So what your saying is that CD violates board rules by personally attacking posters?
CD reacts to personal attacks from the mean girls club but remains polite and refrains from ad hominem attacks. As far as I know he's always followed the rules never banned. He should be our asparational model. Be like CD you'll never be banned again.

CD reacts to personal attacks from the mean girls club but remains polite and refrains from ad hominem attacks. As far as I know he's always followed the rules never banned. He should be our asparational model. Be like CD you'll never be banned again.
But you just said he name calls posters which is attacking a poster and a violation of board rules. Do the rules not apply to CD? Is there a double standard? Would you like to be called a mean girl?

But you just said he name calls posters which is attacking a poster and a violation of board rules. Do the rules not apply to CD? Is there a double standard? Would you like to be called a mean girl?
What posters did I attack? I'm feeling snowflakes and it's 85 degrees outside. Are you a member of this club?

Please work on your reading comprehension. I never said you attacked anyone. I was discussing CD attacking posters which you yourself quoted earlier in the thread.
No you're getting mad and frustrated. I'm sorry if I have invaded your safe space. Enjoy your day.

I follow the rules, argue the merits and stick to facts. Sad same can't be said about some that engage in profane, personal attacks because they don't know enough basic facts to argue the merits. We can disagree but no need to engage in puerile, juvenile attacks.

So your response to my post to you a couple days ago was to call me a "nitwit". You must mean you follow the rules for every post except that one.

While you're typing up that addendum to your original post, don't forget to include the post where you reference canerob having two moms along with being a bastard child.
One other of note seems to have been deleted involving jth's daughter.
This will be living document for sure, so make sure it's available at all times for corrections.

@gferman I'm not a saint and will the first to admit it but why even have this Lounge in the first place? This website is called CANESPORT and is supposed to be about what the name implies or so I thought.

Reactions: canam1965
primarily the Lounge.

Would be a shame.

I think you know who you are and this is your chance to correct the problem.

Hey Gary, I have a serious question. Why can't the Lounge just be ours? Certainly the amount of complaining you are getting can only be from a couple posters. Why not just allow the masses to have their forum for anything and everything and those who don't like it don't need to come into the forum? I mean I have gotten thrown under the bus a few times but I have not run to you to complain, have I? Of course not, because they're just words and opinions, and I am not a wuss. Are the complainers really that sensitive where they need to run to you anytime someone uses foul language or has an insult lined up for someone they disagree with, or their Momma (you know Momma jokes, right Gary??). I know the majority is not that sensitive. Why not side with them in this situation?

While you're typing up that addendum to your original post, don't forget to include the post where you reference canerob having two moms along with being a bastard child.
One other of note seems to have been deleted involving jth's daughter.
This will be living document for sure, so make sure it's available at all times for corrections.

It's funny, I was looking for the daughter one you are referencing. Must have been deleated. But I am sure he's in no danger. What a joke.

Hey Gary, I have a serious question. Why can't the Lounge just be ours? Certainly the amount of complaining you are getting can only be from a couple posters. Why not just allow the masses to have their forum for anything and everything and those who don't like it don't need to come into the forum? I mean I have gotten thrown under the bus a few times but I have not run to you to complain, have I? Of course not, because they're just words and opinions, and I am not a wuss. Are the complainers really that sensitive where they need to run to you anytime someone uses foul language or has an insult lined up for someone they disagree with, or their Momma (you know Momma jokes, right Gary??). I know the majority is not that sensitive. Why not side with them in this situation?
I hereby Knight you Stand and be recognized Sir dorsey2005

I hereby Knight you Stand and be recognized Sir dorsey2005

LMFAO dude. I guess I just don't understand. There are like 20 of us that frequent the Lounge. How many of you guys have sent a complaint to Gary? We might as well find out who among us is hyper sensitive. I'll start us off by reiterating that I have not.

If there are 20 of us in the Lounge I cannot imagine there are more than 3, maybe 4, who are complaining. Why not just tell them to suck it up and not get so offended? Or, don't visit the Lounge if you can't take some ribbing and insults?

Well my thread on the Bible being fake news did get femraminated, even though I think it's a worthy argument, so I'm sure Im on this list.

Reactions: canesfan470
Well my thread on the Bible being fake news did get femraminated, even though I think it's a worthy argument, so I'm sure Im on this list.

While I completely disagree with your opinion on the Bible I do not recall any personal attacks in the thread, nor any bad language. It is just your personal view which I respect and would defend your right to have. I wonder why it got deleted? Am I wrong about the contents of the thread?

Dorsey...was thinking the same thing there is a small group here that I only recently discovered. Personally I love it especially when Advarkas posts. Always a lot of emotion, extremely intelligent with his presentation with humor slipped in. The comments are often borderline, but good..I.enjoy the ribbing too (both giving and taking)

Having said this, there were one or two pretty disgusting comments posted last night aimed at Honey which were uncalled for and way over the line. I contemplated taking a shot back at those individuals, but, figured that Gary would either see the comments or hear of them. If Gary is referring to those comments in particular well imo he is right...surprised he didn't already ban them!

Reactions: BreakingCane
Why- Is talking about racism, religion, and politics not fair game?
As far as I know no such thread has been deleted. Unless personal insults were hurled. No problem discussing merits of those topics but certain snowflakes get emotionally swept away and start with ad hominem attacks such as: 2nd grade education; law degree can't believe you have one; you're a communist; you're taking a beating; etc.

No need to get personal. And yes I'm sometimes baited into that. I'm not perfect. If the insults are funny like @honeyiv generally no one takes offense. It's the aptly called "Mean Girls Club" that seem to lose sense of proportion.

Dorsey...was thinking the same thing there is a small group here that I only recently discovered. Personally I love it especially when Advarkas posts. Always a lot of emotion, extremely intelligent with his presentation with humor slipped in. The comments are often borderline, but good..I.enjoy the ribbing too (both giving and taking)

Having said this, there were one or two pretty disgusting comments posted last night aimed at Honey which were uncalled for and way over the line. I contemplated taking a shot back at those individuals, but, figured that Gary would either see the comments or hear of them. If Gary is referring to those comments in particular well imo he is right...surprised he didn't already ban them!

Not sure why I am surprised and questioning this. Isn't this how society works now? Small groups of people control the masses when their feelings are hurt.

The funny part is the people Metar is referring to are the ones pointing fingers at everyone else as being the problem.

Absolutely right. They are also the ones who say they are not guilty of the very things I am sure Gary is talking about.

However, I have no problem with their insults and name calling. NONE!!! Yet I am sure when we go on the offensive they are running to Gary with tears in their eyes. Whatever!

I've never gone to Gary to rat out a poster. I

I'm a 36 year old man and am more than capable of fighting for myself. My own personal philanthropy for board blogs is that those who come to a message board to be confrontational, controversial, and creative are going to receive backlash. That is just the way it works in society at any level. If the fine folks at Canesport want to ban people then that issue is in their hands.

Gary is one of the best in the business. I used to visit his solid Canesport Live shows at the old Miami Prime in North Miami Beach when I was in law school, and he's been nice enough to see some of our legendary tailgates over the years.

But I am no rat.

I've survived Hurricane Andrew in 1992, been attacked by a North Carolina black bear at age 15 in 1996 at Camp Rockmont, imprisoned as a civilian tourist in Syria in 1998, been hospitalized for heat stroke during a state tennis tournament in 1999, was jumped and kicked by a rival fraternity at SMU in 2002, was rearended by a drunk driver in broad daylight in Tampa in 2006, was robbed at gunpoint outside of St. Thomas Law School in 2008, have recovered from a severe intercoastal boating injury in 2012 while caught in a summer storm, and occasionally suffer from sharp gout attacks in my right toe. And suffered from deep depression and suicidal episodes in my 20s.

So I don't feel the need to run to Board moderators over liberal lunacy, personal attacks, false accusations of rascism, fake news flooding, and self-serving agendas. I've faced worse, and am thankful every day for the fact that I have probably still had it better than 90% of people on God's great planet.

Off to Las Olas Blvd for a great lunch and watching hot women walk around.

And to clarify...I didn't contact Gary about those posts...nor have I ever!

I've never gone to Gary to rat out a poster. I

I'm a 36 year old man and am more than capable of fighting for myself. My own personal philanthropy for board blogs is that those who come to a message board to be confrontational, controversial, and creative are going to receive backlash. That is just the way it works in society at any level. If the fine folks at Canesport want to ban people then that issue is in their hands.

Gary is one of the best in the business. I used to visit his solid Canesport Live shows at the old Miami Prime in North Miami Beach when I was in law school, and he's been nice enough to see some of our legendary tailgates over the years.

But I am no rat.

I've survived Hurricane Andrew in 1992, been attacked by a North Carolina black bear at age 15 in 1996 at Camp Rockmont, imprisoned as a civilian tourist in Syria in 1998, been hospitalized for heat stroke during a state tennis tournament in 1999, was jumped and kicked by a rival fraternity at SMU in 2002, was rearended by a drunk driver in broad daylight in Tampa in 2006, was robbed at gunpoint outside of St. Thomas Law School in 2008, have recovered from a severe intercoastal boating injury in 2012 while caught in a summer storm, and occasionally suffer from sharp gout attacks in my right toe. And suffered from deep depression and suicidal episodes in my 20s.

So I don't feel the need to run to Board moderators over liberal lunacy, personal attacks, false accusations of rascism, fake news flooding, and self-serving agendas. I've faced worse, and am thankful every day for the fact that I have probably still had it better than 90% of people on God's great planet.

Off to Las Olas Blvd for a great lunch and watching hot women walk around.
Whoa, for what it's worth I didn't know about your depression issues and suicidal ideation. One of my best friends took his own life back in 2011. He enlisted in the Air Force about six months after I enlisted in the Navy in 1987 and had 22 years in when he did it leaving behind three small children and it bothers me to this day. While I patently disagree with your political views it was wrong of me to encourage you or anyone to take their own life that sh** is no joke and for that I sincerely apologize. I'm typically unapologetic for things that I say but not in this because I was dead wrong and will man up and admit it. You can accept my apology or not that's your prerogative and I understand either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT