ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts And Prediction For Tomorrow's Game.

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
Miami - What a difference 12 months can make. This program hit rock bottom with back-to-back-to-back losses to FIU, Duke, and La. Tech. In those 3 game, we scored a COMBINED 51 points. Our last game against a talented rival in FSU - 52 points. Just think about that stat for a second. Rhett, King, and Cam have completely turned this Offense around from shitshow to a wondershow, and Manny deserves credit too. Rhett’s Offense is built for this type of game. Up-tempo which will give Clemson trouble throughout the game, but with an emphasis on ball control to keep the clock running, keep down and distance manageable, and keep the great Trevor Lawrence on the sidelines as long as possible. Occasionally take the 1-v-1 deep shot down the field to keep Clemson’s defense honest. Regardless of rain, we will need to score at least 30 points to have any chance.

On Defense, hang on and hope that we can make enough impact plays (Sack, TFL, INT, Fumble) to keep Clemson’s Offense in the low to mid 30s. I expect Dabo, Trevor, and Etienne to rack up a lot of yards, first downs, and big plays. The question is whether they score 40-50 and rout us, or whether we can hold them in the 30s. I see both Bubba and Jaelan having big individual games for NFL scouts. We can set the edge/defend the perimeter well, so I expect Clemson to attack our linebackers more with inside zone runs and 10 yard Slot/TE type seam routes.

On Special Teams, what an advantage to have an A-/A level Kicker and Punter to get points and flip field position. No bullshitting around with the Return game- put the player with the best hands back there, first and foremost.

Clemson- The 2nd best HC in football with the best QB in football with a top-10 RB in football. I expect Clemson to work Etienne out of the backfield in short pass routes 1-v-1 against our LBs, and work our CBs with a lot of drag/crossing routes to free up guys.

Defensively, Clemson should be loading up the box with 9-10 man fronts. I expect Clemson to try to completely neutralize Cam and from there, Clemson should be playing press man coverage against our average to above average WRs, and force King to beat the Clemson defense over the top, which will be tough in the rain.

Special Teams- better be READY against Clemson's Special Teams. I have been both reading and hearing chatter that this is exactly the type of game Dabo would pull out a trick or two at a key point in the game. Onside kicks, fake punts, reverse on a return... better be ready.

Prediction- Regardless of rain, I think that there will be points scored early, and it's a back-and-forth start and we look good and it feels good. 10-10 First Quarter. Then I think Clemson makes some adjustments, and our offense stalls in the Second Quarter but gets a field goal late; Clemson gets two big plays and scores 2 TDs in the Second Quarter. 24-13 Clemson Halftime. Third Quarter, I think that Rhett adjusts well, and score a TD on our first Third Quarter Drive and then get a big turnover which leads to a FG to cut it to a 1-point game. But Clemson scores a TD late Third Quarter. 31-23 Clemson Third Quarter. Fourth Quarter, I think there's several defensive stops by both teams for the first 5 minutes, and then Clemson scores a TD to open the game up to a 15 point lead. The team hangs in tough though, and King makes some big plays and we get another TD to make it a 38-30 game late. Our Defense can't get a stop late, and we come up a little short at the end.

Offense does well, but just not quite well enough on the road, and Defense makes a few impact plays, but not enough on the road against Trevor and Dabo. 38-30 Final. We play a tough, damn good game, and somethingwe can clearly build on for the rest of the season. We're disappointed, but it's not the end of the world, and we know we still have a rock solid team.

Clemson 38 - Miami 30

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News