ADVERTISEMENT

Top Gun has RETURNED people to the movie theatres EXCEPT theatres are reporting..............

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Popcorn shortages. Not a joke. Can't get enough.
Popcorn bags also in short supply.
WTF happened to our Country?

With farmers growing less popcorn, a backlog of plastic trays and cups so hard to find that some theater chains are buying their competitors’ unused supply – even with a rival’s logo still on – theater owners large and small are feeling the pressure.

“It’s a mess,” Jeff Benson, CEO of Cinergy Entertainment Group, which has theaters in North Carolina, Texas and Oklahoma, told the Journal. He’s also having trouble finding popcorn bags, as well as nacho trays and soda flavors.

“You’re just not going to have root beer until it comes in,” he said.

In all fairness, the theaters haven’t produced a movie worth shit in several years. They clearly weren’t prepared for people actually showing up for a change. I haven’t seen the movie yet but there’s a high end theater about fifty yards from my restaurant and we’ve seen more movie theater traction than we’ve seen in as ling as i can remember and all the feedback has been unanimously overwhelmingly positive. I admit that i thought it was going to suck but can’t wait to see it in the theaters.

With farmers growing less popcorn, a backlog of plastic trays and cups so hard to find that some theater chains are buying their competitors’ unused supply – even with a rival’s logo still on – theater owners large and small are feeling the pressure.

“It’s a mess,” Jeff Benson, CEO of Cinergy Entertainment Group, which has theaters in North Carolina, Texas and Oklahoma, told the Journal. He’s also having trouble finding popcorn bags, as well as nacho trays and soda flavors.

What happen to our country is the idiot sitting in the most powerful seat in the world..

Now you know for sure not to take the weirdo sitting next to you with a popcorn cup on his lap invite to have some.

Love you all brothers, but...

Movie stars, hollywood, movie theaters. Bastions of Progressive propaganda. As a group, they're overplayed and underhanded, f them all!

Give me GREEN entertainment. Bring in the amateurs. Let them act, sing and dance. Go to your local playhouse. Your neighbors can do as well as those phony turds...and the price is right. Can't imagine the amount of energy wasted making those things they're calling entertainment.

Reactions: CFSteve
Love you all brothers, but...

Movie stars, hollywood, movie theaters. Bastions of Progressive propaganda. As a group, they're overplayed and underhanded, f them all!

Give me GREEN entertainment. Bring in the amateurs. Let them act, sing and dance. Go to your local playhouse. Your neighbors can do as well as those phony turds...and the price is right. Can't imagine the amount of energy wasted making those things they're calling entertainment.
I haven't been to a movie theatre in many years. Over priced and I go into kid mode. Buttered popcorn, milk duds, twizzlers stomach ache and it's big $$$$. I would see a movie like Top Gun in the theatre but not likely gonna happen.

“You’re just not going to have root beer until it comes in,” he said.It

It all circles back to Clinton administration enacting NAFTA… turned USA into a consumer economy as opposed to a manufacturing economy …. Worst government decision in our countries history … turned China into a major world power as well … sad

It all circles back to Clinton administration enacting NAFTA… turned USA into a consumer economy as opposed to a manufacturing economy …. Worst government decision in our countries history … turned China into a major world power as well … sad
I'm glad you wrote this because there is truth to it. Trump pointed all of this out and in fact re-negotiated NAFTA
But the problem is nearly every thing we buy comes from China or somewhere else.
We were alerted to just how SERIOUS a problem this is when the plague arrived but so far as I can tell nothing is changing.
The WAKE UP call we hit snooze button.
Dangerous to be so dependent on other countries.

I'm glad you wrote this because there is truth to it. Trump pointed all of this out and in fact re-negotiated NAFTA
But the problem is nearly every thing we buy comes from China or somewhere else.
We were alerted to just how SERIOUS a problem this is when the plague arrived but so far as I can tell nothing is changing.
The WAKE UP call we hit snooze button.
Dangerous to be so dependent on other countries.
Been in manufacturing for way too long.............I've seen it firsthand..........Textile mills in the mid atlantic all shut down..........steel mills in the northeast all shut down.........auto factories in Detroit and such all shut down..... I can go on and on.........Nafta enabled China and others to literally hold us by the balls. When you become a consumer economy, you are at the mercy of you're supplier, which is a bad of a predicament as possible. Government created this, and now, they want no accountability for their actions. We are seeing the ramifications in semi conductor chips, baby formula, food, etc. Sadly, this will only worsen over time and Americans may really see what living in a 3rd world country is really like ( not just what they see on the TV)..............This country is a business and should be treated as such.........With all the division in government and society these days, I fear that this business may shut down at a certain point.............Greatest country in the entire history of the world and this is where we are today, truly sad.......

GREAT film…Dogfighting/in cockpit scenes were epically executed, and exhilarating to witness. My only regret, not seeing film at the Ft. Lauderdale Museum-IMAX complex. Dudes, if you’re gonna go see this, make sure you drop the extra dough for the upgraded HD-XD-XR-Premium whatever, audio theatre option, if available at your local cineplex. And unless you are monied up and fortunate enough to be the owner of an in-home, ZÜPER-high end, home theatre surround-sound system, and I’m talking …100-inch “minimum” (LG, Sony, Samsung) OLED/QLED, etc. flat-screen, connected to a (Macintosh or Mark Levinson) level AV system, with (KEF, Focal or B&W) level speakers…Don’t youse dare utter these very words…

”Fcuk that noise….Brah, I got a sweet-ass, Hisense-ROKU(55-inch) flatty, in a gangstar-style ManRoom setup at the crib, so Imma download a good copy on Torrent, or wait ’till it comes out on streaming!”

I haven't been to a movie theatre in many years. Over priced and I go into kid mode. Buttered popcorn, milk duds, twizzlers stomach ache and it's big $$$$. I would see a movie like Top Gun in the theatre but not likely gonna happen.
HJC Top Gun is a very pro-American movie. That's why it broke box office records when it opened last week. I'm gonna see it this weekend. The reviews are outstanding.

I suggest you go see it. You'll really like it. The Left will hate it.

Reactions: HJCane
HJC Top Gun is a very pro-American movie. That's why it broke box office records when it opened last week. I'm gonna see it this weekend. The reviews are outstanding.

I suggest you go see it. You'll really like it. The Left will hate it.
I'd like too . A movie like this is best on the large screen no doubt. I think many on the Left do like it they just won't admit it. I heard it made grown men cry in the theatre literally.

Reactions: Tiv
The woke BS they call entertainment on American and British Networks is pathetic. The best thing to do is simply not watch it. Netflix learned their lesson . Pushing a political agenda and calling it entertainment isn't a recipe for success.

The woke BS they call entertainment on American and British Networks is pathetic. The best thing to do is simply not watch it. Netflix learned their lesson . Pushing a political agenda and calling it entertainment isn't a recipe for success.
All true but Top Gun has arrived.

GREAT film…Dogfighting/in cockpit scenes were epically executed, and exhilarating to witness. My only regret, not seeing film at the Ft. Lauderdale Museum-IMAX complex. Dudes, if you’re gonna go see this, make sure you drop the extra dough for the upgraded HD-XD-XR-Premium whatever, audio theatre option, if available at your local cineplex. And unless you are monied up and fortunate enough to be the owner of an in-home, ZÜPER-high end, home theatre surround-sound system, and I’m talking …100-inch “minimum” (LG, Sony, Samsung) OLED/QLED, etc. flat-screen, connected to a (Macintosh or Mark Levinson) level AV system, with (KEF, Focal or B&W) level speakers…Don’t youse dare utter these very words…

”Fcuk that noise….Brah, I got a sweet-ass, Hisense-ROKU(55-inch) flatty, in a gangstar-style ManRoom setup at the crib, so Imma download a good copy on Torrent, or wait ’till it comes out on streaming!”
Buy a Hisense tv you are putting money in the ChiComs pocket{army}.

Reactions: HJCane
It is if you rollin’ thru with twin Glocks!…One in your waistband, (Glock-43) Gen3…and the other in your mini-shoulder bag (Glock-33) Gen4…It‘s obviously a bit much, but, when in Rome!…Welcome to (21st) Century movie-going Y’all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT