ADVERTISEMENT

Trump continues to defend long dead confederates

I totally agree with on this not because it’s confederacy, which is what your angle Is, but because you can’t erase history like the Nazi’s and Taliban did. You need history to remind us of what was here so we don’t ever go back to it. Once history is erased then you can say whatever you want and nobody will eventually know any better. Or was that what you were hoping for?

I totally agree with on this not because it’s confederacy, which is what your angle Is, but because you can’t erase history like the Nazi’s and Taliban did. You need history to remind us of what was here so we don’t ever go back to it. Once history is erased then you can say whatever you want and nobody will eventually know any better. Or was that what you were hoping for?

I agree mostly. There is a portion of the left that I find to be illiberal and seek erasure of whatever upsets them. That is intellectually indefensible. However, it is important to draw a clear line of distinction between maintaining historical awareness and glorifying the ugly people of history. Monuments and buildings named after confederates (or nazis or whomever) are doing the latter and museums and history books is where they belong.

Reactions: CashvilleCane1
Maybe the dems want to erase their Southern Democrat party of enslavement and KKK history..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT