ADVERTISEMENT

Unreal Expectations

VB4canes

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2008
Reading all these threads about the different coaching possiblilites is hillarious. There is NO perfect candidate that is realistic. I like Butch, but even he has quite a few questions that would need to be answered. I agree with advarkas and others that Richt is probably as realistic of a homerun has we are going to see. Who else is there (other than Butch)? Herman has only been a HC for 1 season, Kelly isn't coming here. I have seen you all bash (me included sometimes) Strong, Mullen, Mario, Rich Rod, etc. At the beginning of the season, I think we would have been thrilled with any of the above being our coach, so why all the venom now?

Any one of the candidates Gary listed can be successful in Miami. While this hire is very important, we have seen that the administration is doing things to show us they are serious about our football program. So, in the worse case scenario, if whoever is hired doesn't pan out, there is hope for the future. Normal debate is fine, but lay off your fellow cane fans, just enjoy the ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News