ADVERTISEMENT

US 3rd Circuit totally rejects Trump’s appeal in Pennsylvania

In a scathing 21 page opinion, the US Third Circuit Court of Appeal totally rejected today Trump’s appeal in Pennsylvania. The court said:

“Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

Trump will not win in a Pa. state court. But he has to go through them to get to the US Supreme Court. Even though the current legislature is Republican the majority of Pa. judges were appointed by Fast Eddie Rendell and other previous Democrat Governors.

On a larger point it is bad for the Country that the judiciary has become so politicized and not independent. The best honest and open legal minds are not appointed. Reliable partisans are. Florida is a perfect example. For years the Florida Supreme Court appointed by Dem Gov's Askew, Chiles, Graham. etc. typically ruled to Dem's liking. Now that the Court is made up mostly of Rep Gov's Martinez, Bush, Crist (Charlie was a Rep then, after he was a Dem, now he is a Dem again - what way is the wind blowing) and Scott appointed, it usually rules in Reps favor. Have the laws changed or just the political leanings of the judges?

Trump will not win in a Pa. state court. But he has to go through them to get to the US Supreme Court. Even though the current legislature is Republican the majority of Pa. judges were appointed by Fast Eddie Rendell and other previous Democrat Governors.

On a larger point it is bad for the Country that the judiciary has become so politicized and not independent. The best honest and open legal minds are not appointed. Reliable partisans are. Florida is a perfect example. For years the Florida Supreme Court appointed by Dem Gov's Askew, Chiles, Graham. etc. typically ruled to Dem's liking. Now that the Court is made up mostly of Rep Gov's Martinez, Bush, Crist (Charlie was a Rep then, after he was a Dem, now he is a Dem again - what way is the wind blowing) and Scott appointed, it usually rules in Reps favor. Have the laws changed or just the political leanings of the judges?

As part of my post above, I was encouraged by the independence of the federal judiciary in PA. In both the US trial court and 3Rd Circuit Appelate court decisions against the Trump campaigns, the presiding judges are Republicans who were appointed by Trump. They nevertheless demolished the legal arguments and lack of proof filed by Rudy and friends. When I say “demolished”, I mean it. The language of the judges was devastating.

What do you think SCOTUS will do? Maybe we should have a poll. Put me on the record as saying:

The SCOTUS will decline to review the decisions of the Federal trial court and the Federal Appellate Court. Very, very few cases are reviewed by SCOTUS. They more commonly wade in when there are contradictory precedents decided by a variety of federal courts. That conflict doesn’t exist here. Also, Chief Justice Roberts will steer the court away from injecting itself into a political fight. That’s a losing battle for SCOTUS in a politically polarized country.

Whats your take?

Thanks.

As part of my post above, I was encouraged by the independence of the federal judiciary in PA. In both the US trial court and 3Rd Circuit Appelate court decisions against the Trump campaigns, the presiding judges are Republicans who were appointed by Trump. They nevertheless demolished the legal arguments and lack of proof filed by Rudy and friends. When I say “demolished”, I mean it. The language of the judges was devastating.

What do you think SCOTUS will do? Maybe we should have a poll. Put me on the record as saying:

The SCOTUS will decline to review the decisions of the Federal trial court and the Federal Appellate Court. Very, very few cases are reviewed by SCOTUS. They more commonly wade in when there are contradictory precedents decided by a variety of federal courts. That conflict doesn’t exist here. Also, Chief Justice Roberts will steer the court away from injecting itself into a political fight. That’s a losing battle for SCOTUS in a politically polarized country.

Whats your take?

Thanks.

If SCOTUS takes up case and rules in Trumps favor will you likewise be impressed or will you say the Court is biased because Trump appointed 3 of the Justices??

Whats your take?

Thanks.
As far as Robert’s steering the court that ship has sailed he is a Lame Duck now and there’s a new sherif in town. Gorsich put Robert’s in his place and on Notice with the 5-4 ruling over Cuomos lock downs.

Whats your take?

Thanks.

IMO, it will go to SCOTUS. I am not a legal scholar, but from what I understand a PA judge allowed mail in ballots to be accepted beyond what the time legislatively passed law allowed. Hence the judge changed the law. As to Roberts, IMO he has lost the respect of Thomas and Alito. Barrett and Gorsuch will follow them. Kavanaugh, i question.

Sincere thanks to Ed and 17. You are loyal and true to DJT. Although I very much disagree with you, I very much admire your steadfast beliefs!

Let’s see. 👊👍🙌

Reactions: edtuna
Forensic inspections coming on the dominion machines in GA. We shall see what happens. This could turn the whole thing around. I think they find evidence how bout you??

What does interpreting the law have to do with whether u are liberal or not. The position that u are just supposing is contrary to the constitution as written which makes your opinion a Liberal one!!
He’s visited pedo island so I’d say that’s the relationship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT