ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech HC targets?

TKBray

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2017
Just saw @Jaycane20 mention Sonny Dykes as a possibility in another thread. That's a good name I hadn't thought of. I live ten minutes from VT and texted one of my die-hard VT fan friends and he agreed that Dave Clawson, Billy Napier, Jamey Chadwell, Hugh Freeze, and Shane Beamer for obvious reasons could be the early short list.

Clawson could be a potential homerun hire for them imo. He may not kill it in recruiting but he's shown that he may not need to in order to have success. Freeze, Dykes, and maybe Napier I think would also be the other coaches that I think would be the most troublesome for us. I think VT will have a pretty strong group of candidates. I still think VT is a pretty great job. It's good because the football program has a high ceiling for success while at the same time not being a glamorous or flashy job or location with a ton of expectations or spotlight from the media.

Just another reason for us to need to be sure we get our choice right whenever our search officially begins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News