ADVERTISEMENT

Wanna puke? Wanna be EVEN ANGRIER about what happened in Texas? WOW JUST WOW!!!

HJCane

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2007
Watching Jesse Waters on FOX. He is playing the video from todays press conference of the Texas DPS Officer. ANOTHER F UP BY POLICE!!!!
Ramos shoots grandmother, SHE calls the police, he crashes his car at 11:40 AM and enters the school at 11:44 AM. NO ONE MET THE SHOOTER AS REPORTED.
He enters classroom 1 shooting and police got their quickly. He makes his way into another classroom THRU A SIDE DOOR JOINING BOTH Classrooms.

AND THE POLICE DON"T ENTER THE CLASSROOM FOR 1 FUC**NG HOUR!! 1 MF HOUR THEY LEFT THIS ANIMAL IN WITH THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!
It wasn't until tactical Border Patrol unit showed up that 1 HERO SAID THE HELL WITH THIS AND WENT IN HOT AFTER THE ANIMAL!

WE LEARNED NOTHING FROM PARKLAND.
MAKES ME SO FREAKING ANGRY !!!

School (armed) protection officer never fired a shot vs the shooter. Free entry to the school without dispute. What happened?

Following that failure, Police response took a passive response allowing the shooter to live for 60-90 more minutes. WTF?

I want these murderers dead immediately on the scene. The idea that official armed responders are ready and willing to defend students is a joke. Shades of the Florida school massacre. Rent a cops do not defend our kids.

I get it, seems like a total screw up , perhaps some cowardice. Who knows
All the networks are trying to portray this small town as a bunch of bumbling idiots . This includes the left and right networks
BUT
Let’s get all the facts first before we accuse the initial responders of failure to act

This is a small rural town of 16,000
They don’t have the police capabilities of a Parkland along with the Broward sheriffs office.
It’s not NYC or DC either , where the networks are located
Do we know what weapons the police had ?

Could the police have successfully stormed the school which would have saved lives? Or would have that resulted in a suicidal mission with additional loss of life of kids and teachers?
It does appears that the initial press disclosures were incorrect. But were they intentional? Or just a result of inexperienced local folks subjected to the detailed questioning by the national news corp that descended on this small usually peaceful Texas town ?
Details will come out eventually, We will then have the basis to form an informed opinion

Reactions: 289fia
All the networks are trying to portray this small town as a bunch of bumbling idiots . This includes the left and right networks
BUT
Let’s get all the facts first before we accuse the initial responders of failure to act

They don’t have the police capabilities of a Parkland along with the Broward sheriffs office.

Could the police have successfully stormed the school which would have saved lives? Or would have that resulted in a suicidal mission with additional loss of life of kids and teachers?
It does appears that the initial press disclosures were incorrect. But were they intentional? Or just a result of inexperienced local folks subjected to the detailed questioning by the national news corp that descended on this small usually peaceful Texas town ?
Details will come out eventually, We will then have the basis to form an informed opinion
The Columbine High School massacre supposedly shaped the way law enforcement responds to active shooter incidents--rush straight to the gunfire. The No.1 goal is to interdict the shooter. That strategy was ignored in Uvalde. No excuses. People need to be held accountable. "Go in there! Go in there! bystanders yelled at the officers. Their response was, "We can't do our jobs because you people are interfering" according to a witness.

Last edited:
I heard this morning he fired his weapon for a full 12 minutes outside the school before entering.

• Angry
Reactions: central17
The Columbine High School massacre supposedly shaped the way law enforcement responds to active shooter incidents--rush straight to the gunfire. The No.1 goal is to interdict the shooter. That strategy was ignored in Uvalde. No excuses. People need to be held accountable. "Go in there! Go in there! bystanders yelled at the officers. Their response was, "We can't do our jobs because you people are interfering" according to a witness.
It was Parkland that showed ineptitude as Police stayed outside the school. It appears the same thing happened here.

BUT

No one I heard is portraying the cops as bumbling idiots.
Jesse Waters played the actual conference held by police yesterday the Texas DPS I assume that is the same as Florida DLE. He paused the video periodically to explain what we just heard and to ask questions.
The monster shot his grandmother she called the police
He drove eratically thru the streets crashing his car near the school.
He shot rounds off for 12 minutes outside the school
He walked right in thru a back side door
Police left him in the classroom for a full hour
It wasn't until BORDER PATROL Tactical Unit arrived that a true hero confronted the murderer and took him out.
It can't happen this way .
Yes a small town

"Do you hear those bangs? Every one of them is a child!" That's what i would have yelled. I would not have been able to stay outside if my kid was in there.

Reactions: grbcane and cems52
There was NO officer at the school at the time he entered. It came out yesterday (thursday) afternoon.

First responding officers surrounded the perimeter with handguns ? not long guns ?

Murderer had AR with plenty of rounds WTF

No one I heard is portraying the cops as bumbling idiots.
Jesse Waters played the actual conference held by police yesterday the Texas DPS I assume that is the same as Florida DLE. He paused the video periodically to explain what we just heard and to ask questions.
The monster shot his grandmother she called the police
He drove eratically thru the streets crashing his car near the school.
He shot rounds off for 12 minutes outside the school
He walked right in thru a back side door
Police left him in the classroom for a full hour
It wasn't until BORDER PATROL Tactical Unit arrived that a true hero confronted the murderer and took him out.
It can't happen this way .
Yes a small town
Exactly what tactical capabilities does a town this size have ?
Again we don’t have all the facts , but it does appear that the cops did try and enter the school but weren’t properly equipped and fell back . Rural cops who likely who mostly do traffic enforcement and domestic issues.
The initial press relations were an unmitigated disaster, but I’m holding off on casting these patrolmen as failures.
Why did they fall back ?
Do we require cops to run to the danger even if it’s virtually certain that it’s suicidal?
I do expect the democrats to use this to claim that we need to ban AR type weapons if the cops were initially outgunned
That’s absurd
What we would need to do is upgrade the resources available to local cops to make sure that they had adequate equipment
It reminds me of the situation 30 years ago in Sunniland in south Dade where the FBI folks were carrying revolvers and the bad guys were carrying automatic weapons. As a result virtually all law enforcement folks moved to Glocks and other high powered guns
The cops should have had long guns and body armor in the squad cars.
We sent $40 billion to Ukraine. That would buy a lot of weaponry

Reactions: NO.SHORECANE
It was Parkland that showed ineptitude as Police stayed outside the school. It appears the same thing happened here.
At Columbine the police were slow to enter the school and were heavily criticized for not intervening during the shooting. The incident resulted in the introduction of the immediate Action Rapid Deployment tactic, which is used in active shooter situations. The strategy was ignored in Uvalde.

Watching Jesse Waters on FOX. He is playing the video from todays press conference of the Texas DPS Officer. ANOTHER F UP BY POLICE!!!!
Ramos shoots grandmother, SHE calls the police, he crashes his car at 11:40 AM and enters the school at 11:44 AM. NO ONE MET THE SHOOTER AS REPORTED.
He enters classroom 1 shooting and police got their quickly. He makes his way into another classroom THRU A SIDE DOOR JOINING BOTH Classrooms.

AND THE POLICE DON"T ENTER THE CLASSROOM FOR 1 FUC**NG HOUR!! 1 MF HOUR THEY LEFT THIS ANIMAL IN WITH THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!
It wasn't until tactical Border Patrol unit showed up that 1 HERO SAID THE HELL WITH THIS AND WENT IN HOT AFTER THE ANIMAL!

You nailed it!! Didn't learn shzt from Parkland!!

Exactly what tactical capabilities does a town this size have ?
Again we don’t have all the facts , but it does appear that the cops did try and enter the school but weren’t properly equipped and fell back . Rural cops who likely who mostly do traffic enforcement and domestic issues.
The initial press relations were an unmitigated disaster, but I’m holding off on casting these patrolmen as failures.
Why did they fall back ?
Do we require cops to run to the danger even if it’s virtually certain that it’s suicidal?
I do expect the democrats to use this to claim that we need to ban AR type weapons if the cops were initially outgunned
That’s absurd
What we would need to do is upgrade the resources available to local cops to make sure that they had adequate equipment
It reminds me of the situation 30 years ago in Sunniland in south Dade where the FBI folks were carrying revolvers and the bad guys were carrying automatic weapons. As a result virtually all law enforcement folks moved to Glocks and other high powered guns
The cops should have had long guns and body armor in the squad cars.
We sent $40 billion to Ukraine. That would buy a lot of weaponry
Man you are always blaming the other guy. Do you think your love of AR type weapons could be an issue in this matter?

Man you are always blaming the other guy. Do you think your love of AR type weapons could be an issue in this matter?
I’m blaming the it job who carried out the initial attack
I’m not blaming cops just yet
I’m not the liberal media who jump to conclusions without the total facts
But what is clear to me is that the first responders need to fully armed
The school should have been locked
There should have been a school resource officer on campus
That I know .
The appropriateness of the response?
I’m still waiting for the full facts on why they waited for the “ SWAT “ folks for an hour
I’m still waiting for the explanation, if any , why they didn’t storm the building before the SWAT team arrived
I’m also still unclear what Mike means when he refers to a Columbine Tactical plan ? Does a small town like Uvalde have the capabilities to respond to a situation like this ?
But again the only blame should be on the criminal and the society that produces a warped and sick mind that is sociopathic.

That I know .
I’m still waiting for the full facts on why they waited for the “ SWAT “ folks for an hour
I’m still waiting for the explanation, if any , why they didn’t storm the building before the SWAT team arrived
I’m also still unclear what Mike means when he refers to a Columbine Tactical plan ? Does a small town like Uvalde have the capabilities to respond to a situation like this ?
But again the only blame should be on the criminal and the society that produces a warped and sick mind that is sociopathic.
It's not a town of 1500 it is a town of 16,000.

It's not a town of 1500 it is a town of 16,000.
So how many officers are in a police department in a town that size ? 20? 30 ?Do they have Swat capabilities?
Do they carry anti riot/ hostage weaponry in their squad car?
So it bigger than Mayberry , but these small Texas towns are pretty spread out
It’s not like Medley Florida , which likely has a similar population. It’s not surrounded by huge cities with lethal capabilities within a 5 minute drive .
I don’t know where the county sheriff was located and what capabilities the county has . All I’m saying is we don’t have all the facts on why the initial responders didn’t storm the building
Was an attempt made ?
Was any officer injured during that initial attempt ?
I get that parents were urging entry , but why did they wait ?
Meanwhile I’m appalled by the political aspects of this horrific event
Some groups want to confiscate guns or prohibit certain people to obtain guns without any real due process . I’m all for some further limits , but some of the proposals are outrageous.

So how many officers are in a police department in a town that size ? 20? 30 ?Do they have Swat capabilities?
Do they carry anti riot/ hostage weaponry in their squad car?
So it bigger than Mayberry , but these small Texas towns are pretty spread out
It’s not like Medley Florida , which likely has a similar population. It’s not surrounded by huge cities with lethal capabilities within a 5 minute drive .
I don’t know where the county sheriff was located and what capabilities the county has . All I’m saying is we don’t have all the facts on why the initial responders didn’t storm the building
Was an attempt made ?
Was any officer injured during that initial attempt ?
I get that parents were urging entry , but why did they wait ?
Meanwhile I’m appalled by the political aspects of this horrific event
Some groups want to confiscate guns or prohibit certain people to obtain guns without any real due process . I’m all for some further limits , but some of the proposals are outrageous.
7 cops and 40% of their budget is the Police

That I know .
I also blame the perp but also the politicians who allow this carnage to continue. Dems and Republicans. When will they do something to save us?

7 cops and 40% of their budget is the Police
Sounds about right
Probably 30% of budget is fire department, staffed mostly by volunteers.
Typical Texas small town
1 HEB ( their Grocery) 2 Dairy Queen’s , a John Deere dealer, a couple is western wear stores , a Cracker Barrel and 7 patrolmen., who likely never fired a weapon in service and had no training in high stakes hostage situations
In my professional life , my motto was always get the unshakable facts before rendering an opinion or taking decisive action
We don’t have all the facts yet

new incredible info this morning

Updated reports from on-site witnesses this morning say that the local Uvalde Police prevented the Border Police tactical squad (heavily armed and with an armored vehicle) from entering the school for 45-50 minutes after their arrival. The local police wanted to control strategy and favored a waiting, go slow approach.

Hard to comprehend. Impossible to justify.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/0...nting-the-gunman?referringSource=articleShare

Last edited:
new incredible info this morning

Updated reports from on-site witnesses this morning say that the local Uvalde Police prevented the Border Police tactical squad (heavily armed and with an armored vehicle) from entering the school for 45-50 minutes after their arrival. The local police wanted to control strategy and favored a waiting, go slow approach.

Hard to comprehend. Impossible to justify.
WTF?

This just gets worse and worse. 4 years ago the sick dirtbag was arrested for,,,, saying he was going to shoot up a school when he was 18. I am asking, does anyone know, is there any kind of back ground check? And would this arrest be shown on a background check? Or could a liberal judge seal the records? We honestly need to fully and honestly investigate this situation before trotting out the same ol Shumer/Pelosi progressive, 2nd ammendment killing garbage. Maybe the answer is us good people carry at all times in all places, since it would appear numerous government agencies are not doing their job?

https://www.newsweek.com/salvador-r...ago-planning-attack-when-he-turned-18-1710867

Reactions: grbcane
This just gets worse and worse. 4 years ago the sick dirtbag was arrested for,,,, saying he was going to shoot up a school when he was 18. I am asking, does anyone know, is there any kind of back ground check? And would this arrest be shown on a background check? Or could a liberal judge seal the records? We honestly need to fully and honestly investigate this situation before trotting out the same ol Shumer/Pelosi progressive, 2nd ammendment killing garbage. Maybe the answer is us good people carry at all times in all places, since it would appear numerous government agencies are not doing their job?

https://www.newsweek.com/salvador-r...ago-planning-attack-when-he-turned-18-1710867
This should have been a red flag disqualifying the kid from gun possession

But on the other hand , liberals could easily enact laws which would turn the most minor of offenses into a strict prohibition of gun ownership without due process
Does a ex army ranger with PTSD qualify for gun ownership?
A guy whose wife called in a domestic disturbance without actual violence?

I’m getting a better picture of the what the local police did , and it’s not good
They weren’t well led , they weren’t properly trained and weren’t properly armed
Cluster Fock with deadly ramifications

I hear the excuses coming. He followed all gun laws but Dems allowed a deranged kid to get a firearm. In the meantime, Governor Abbott and the Republicans in Texas make it easier to get more guns to kill kids, grandkids, cousins, nephews and nieces.

I also blame the perp but also the politicians who allow this carnage to continue. Dems and Republicans. When will they do something to save us?
Cems THERE ARE NO POLITICIANS ALLOWING THIS TO CONTINUE stop that BS. There is a sickness in our country. It's no secret that it's effecting certain people to behave this way. If we don't figure that out this will keep happening.

Cems THERE ARE NO POLITICIANS ALLOWING THIS TO CONTINUE stop that BS. There is a sickness in our country. It's no secret that it's effecting certain people to behave this way. If we don't figure that out this will keep happening.
Last week it was the White Extremist and this week it was a crazed citizen that butchered innocent people. How do we address the issue of the racist who wants to kill minorities? Whose job is it to "figure that out"?

Last week it was the White Extremist and this week it was a crazed citizen that butchered innocent people. How do we address the issue of the racist who wants to kill minorities? Whose job is it to "figure that out"?
What did they have in common? Liberals.

The two guys were very alike
The White extremist ( as you call him ) and the Hispanic nut job were both boys , both 18 and both sociopathic nuts
One had a normal family ( apparently the Buffalo shooters dad was a State Union big wig , likely a democrat
The Uvalde kid had a messed up family. Dad was a no show , moms’ a junkie , grand pop. Felon .. kid was lost .. a head case .
Both kids were living in an alternate universe
How demented can one be to shoot innocents ?
In Buffalo, old folks - mostly black
In Uvalde - babies - mostly Hispanics
I’m not sure racism is the problem here
It’s mental illness
The kid in Buffalo? He just used race as an excuse to be crazed .
Again there are 400-500 million guns in the USA Probably much more . They are flying off the shelves as we post . So we close the gun show loophole, have a 10 day waiting period , etc . Is that an answer.

The two guys were very alike
The White extremist ( as you call him ) and the Hispanic nut job were both boys , both 18 and both sociopathic nuts
One had a normal family ( apparently the Buffalo shooters dad was a State Union big wig , likely a democrat
The Uvalde kid had a messed up family. Dad was a no show , moms’ a junkie , grand pop. Felon .. kid was lost .. a head case .
Both kids were living in an alternate universe
How demented can one be to shoot innocents ?
In Buffalo, old folks - mostly black
In Uvalde - babies - mostly Hispanics
I’m not sure racism is the problem here
It’s mental illness
The kid in Buffalo? He just used race as an excuse to be crazed .
Again there are 400-500 million guns in the USA Probably much more . They are flying off the shelves as we post . So we close the gun show loophole, have a 10 day waiting period , etc . Is that an answer.
That's a good start. Any more suggestions?

Instead of spending all that money pushing gun control, maybe funnel it to mental health services. That is the real link in all of this. The 400-500 million guns are not the issue, or this would happen daily. Stop telling people with mental health issues they are normal or misunderstood, get them treatment.

BUT

No idea what all of the facts are ... but I did read that the shooter was barricaded in one classroom (the room where all fatalities occurred) and that police WERE in the building removing students and teachers from the rest of the building. The officer who was in charge at the scene was not made available to media and his superior officer stated that his action in not engaging the shooter asap was a major error.

HJ, I watched the presser LIVE
95% of shots fired were over first 2 minutes.
Easy for us to sit here and criticize what you know nothing about
Some of those officers lost their OWN children,
Monday morning Quarterbacking benefits no one
Your anger should be directed at the shooter, his parents,and whoever aided him, not the response IMO

Last edited:
No idea what all of the facts are ... but I did read that the shooter was barricaded in one classroom (the room where all fatalities occurred) and that police WERE in the building removing students and teachers from the rest of the building. The officer who was in charge at the scene was not made available to media and his superior officer stated that his action in not engaging the shooter asap was a major error.
Yeah the facts as they are being revealed show a disjointed response to this tragedy
But a Monday morning QB always completes the pass
I live in Texas and I never have heard of a police force for a school district. But here the Uvalde ISD had its own force and Chief. It has 4 cops .
He was in charge . He made the call . He has some training and experience and is a popular guy who just got elected to City Counsel
Not a real seasoned crisis manager
He will live with his mistake for ever . His wrong call likely cost some kids life .
I suppose he can be fired , but how does that really help the situation
Of course the democrats, always looking for tragedy to advance politically are attacking Gov. Abbot for his response.
Obviously he was given bad information
And of course he’s going to acknowledge the heroism of those who did actually storm the classroom. Shameful that the democrats are criticizing him for misinformation that was provided to him
So there wasn’t any cowardice involved
Nobody shirked their duty .
It was a grievous mistake made by the inexperienced guy calling the shots who wanted to wait under the false belief that this was a hostage situation and not an active shooting situation.
The cable news stations need to fill up 24 hours of news a day . So they just repeat the same crap endlessly, with so called experts and pundits who don’t know jack about anything.
Pathetic

Reactions: majus12
HJ, I watched the presser LIVE
95% of shots fired were over first 2 minutes.
Easy for us to sit here and criticize what you know nothing about
Some of those officers lost their OWN children,
Monday morning Quarterbacking benefits no one
Your anger should be directed at the shooter, his parents,and whoever aided him, not the response IMO
Well I respect your opinion but MORE facts have now come to light and the Police aren't looking too good on this one majus. And I am a supporter of our Police ( even though some are Dick's)
I also am criticizing the school itself as we now know he waltzed right in the side door which was not secured.
Do you want to defend that also?
Can't have it both ways buddy.
It can't be leave our guns alone AND the Police get a pass AND the school gets a pass.

Yeah the facts as they are being revealed show a disjointed response to this tragedy
But a Monday morning QB always completes the pass
I live in Texas and I never have heard of a police force for a school district. But here the Uvalde ISD had its own force and Chief. It has 4 cops .
He was in charge . He made the call . He has some training and experience and is a popular guy who just got elected to City Counsel
Not a real seasoned crisis manager
He will live with his mistake for ever . His wrong call likely cost some kids life .
I suppose he can be fired , but how does that really help the situation
Of course the democrats, always looking for tragedy to advance politically are attacking Gov. Abbot for his response.
Obviously he was given bad information
And of course he’s going to acknowledge the heroism of those who did actually storm the classroom. Shameful that the democrats are criticizing him for misinformation that was provided to him
So there wasn’t any cowardice involved
Nobody shirked their duty .
It was a grievous mistake made by the inexperienced guy calling the shots who wanted to wait under the false belief that this was a hostage situation and not an active shooting situation.
The cable news stations need to fill up 24 hours of news a day . So they just repeat the same crap endlessly, with so called experts and pundits who don’t know jack about anything.
Pathetic
Gov Abbott has nothing to do with this. No politician does.
Until we harden our schools PROPERLY and UNIFORM and run drills mistakes during this type of chaos will continue to happen.

Reactions: ddimaggio
Well I respect your opinion but MORE facts have now come to light and the Police aren't looking too good on this one majus. And I am a supporter of our Police ( even though some are Dick's)
I also am criticizing the school itself as we now know he waltzed right in the side door which was not secured.
Do you want to defend that also?
Can't have it both ways buddy.
It can't be leave our guns alone AND the Police get a pass AND the school gets a pass.
Im not defending police, however a teacher propped open the door. Why? Maybe it was hot??who knows????????
You ever been under live fire?
shit happens quick, easy to sit back and criticize later
All Im saying, is dont rush to judgement
you wrote a well written overt criticism?
Hopefully time will tell if it was warranted???

Im not defending police, however a teacher propped open the door. Why? Maybe it was hot??who knows????????
You ever been under live fire?
shit happens quick, easy to sit back and criticize later
All Im saying, is dont rush to judgement
you wrote a well written overt criticism?
Hopefully time will tell if it was warranted???
I did 6 years in the military. Live fire no. Plenty of drills yes.

Hopefully not yours

Reactions: majus12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT