ADVERTISEMENT

What are the biggest lies in the history of the presidency?

SuperCane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2005
We hear the word lies on here all the time but name the biggest OUT RIGHT black and white lies that have been told. With bush I truly believe that he believed that sadaam had wmd’s so that for example I wouldn’t say is a black and white lie. you can’t say Trump saying the election was rigged because clearly he believed it.

Here’s the the thing, the lie has to have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Example being bill clinton looking directly into the lens of a camera and telling america “i did not not have sex with ML”. Nixon lying is a big one. He knew. Again this has to be a unanimous proven premeditated lie. Can’t be I said I was going to do this and then it didn’t happen because that’s too easy. Bidens I graduated at the top of my class when he was clearly at the bottom of his class is one that just blows my mind because clearly he thought everyone would just fall in line and take him at his word as instructed. Sorry cems but it’s true. Biden did not finish any where near the top of his class but you can still believe him if you want. That’s your pejorative.

Last edited:
Nixon: no bombing in Cambodia. Didn’t know about Watergate

Roosevelt: no intention of joining in WWII.

George HW Bush. read my lips: no new taxes.

George W: Weapons of mass destruction. “mission accomplished”

Obama: red line in Syria if chemical weapons are used.

Trump: LOL. I’ll need another computer to complete the list.

We hear the word lies on here all the time but name the biggest OUT RIGHT black and white lies that have been told. With bush I truly believe that he believed that sadaam had wmd’s so that for example I wouldn’t say is a black and white lie. you can’t say Trump saying the election was rigged because clearly he believed it.

Here’s the the thing, the lie has to have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Example being bill clinton looking directly into the lens of a camera and telling america “i did not not have sex with ML”. Nixon lying is a big one. He knew. Again this has to be a unanimous proven premeditated lie. Can’t be I said I was going to do this and then it didn’t happen because that’s too easy. Bidens I graduated at the top of my class when he was clearly at the bottom of his class is one that just blows my mind because clearly he thought everyone would just fall in line and take him at his word as instructed. Sorry cems but it’s true. Biden did not finish any where near the top of his class but you can still believe him if you want. That’s your pejorative.
Bush had been told by the CIA that Iraq had no WMD's. He ignored them and Lied go the American people to justify the invasion! In reality, the so-called WMD's were WWII surplus we had given Iraq to fight the Iranians. George W. Bush: Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised".

Last edited:
Ask the people she left behind. Oh, you can't they died, because of her actions, cover up, lies, deceit. Career built on lies and deception.
After a two-year, $7m investigation that included interviews with more than 80 witnesses House Republicans found no culpability for Clinton but you alone, have the real facts? You're delusional and a liar!

Bush had been told by the CIA that Iraq had no WMD's. He ignored them and Lied go the American people to justify the invasion! In reality, the so-called WMD's were WWII surplus we had given Iraq to fight the Iranians. George W. Bush: Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised".
I’ve come a long way with Bush, I have to now admit I was wrong, and there were no chemical weapons at the time.

Saddam Hussein had them in the past, and he used them on the Kurds. It’s also easy to move chemical weapons rather quickly, but I now believe there were no chemical weapons and going to war was a mistake.

Having said that, the democrats saw the same information as Bush, and were on board with going to war with Iraq. Then when they saw the political opportunity, they said it wasn’t us and Bush lied.

The information that was used to go to war was provided by John Brennan the leader of the CIA. The same man who was registered as a communist in his twenties. I’m also reminded at this point that Bernie Sanders spent his honeymoon in the old Soviet Union.

Nixon: no bombing in Cambodia. Didn’t know about Watergate

Roosevelt: no intention of joining in WWII.

George HW Bush. read my lips: no new taxes.

George W: Weapons of mass destruction. “mission accomplished”

Obama: red line in Syria if chemical weapons are used.

Trump: LOL. I’ll need another computer to complete the list.
Cortez,
Please be specific and tell the single Trump lie that you find most offensive. Please don't duck the question by answering - there are so many, etc. I ask this in all sincerity and look forward to an honest and detailed answer.
thanking you in advance.

Cortez,
Please be specific and tell the single Trump lie that you find most offensive. Please don't duck the question by answering - there are so many, etc. I ask this in all sincerity and look forward to an honest and detailed answer.
thanking you in advance.
*Prior to the 2020 election, Trump declared in advance that the “election was rigged.” No way can I lose to a guy like Biden unless the election is rigged, he said. With zero evidence, he thus set the groundwork for his later allegations in the event he lost.

*He continued that “lie” throughout the campaign.

*Post election, he immediately continued the lie even though his own Attorney General told him there was no proof that the election was rigged. The recent book by Bill Barr sets out in minute detail his conversations with Trump. Trump knew that the election was not rigged.

*Trump continued his baseless message and elaborated on it saying that VP Pence had the authority to reverse the electoral college results. No legal authority supported this additional misrepresentation. Yet, he stated over and over that Pence could fix this.

*Just prior to official certification of the Electoral College results on Jan 6, he weaponized his lie by urging his supporters to March to the Capitol to “stop the steal”. He uttered a smaller lie that of course “I’ll be there with you.”

*Defeated in the courts on an ongoing basis and then in Congress on Jan 6, he never conceded the election.

17, This ongoing and still continuing series of lies is so offensive to me because it undermines public confidence in our elections and dishonors the laws, precedents and traditions of the transfer of presidential power in the US. Our peaceful transfer of power distinguishes our nation from almost all other countries. Trump’s actions threatened this fundamental strength of our political system. Unforgivable.

Reactions: miamimike

LOL< Gotta mention that Hillary was never our president. I believe the OP was referring to presidential lies.
Guilt by association ... you believe the ONLY lie Bill Clinton is guilty of is the white stain on Monica's dress? "Depends on what the definition of the is". Bonnie and Clyde but on an international level.

Reactions: grbcane
*Prior to the 2020 election, Trump declared in advance that the “election was rigged.” No way can I lose to a guy like Biden unless the election is rigged, he said. With zero evidence, he thus set the groundwork for his later allegations in the event he lost.

*He continued that “lie” throughout the campaign.

*Post election, he immediately continued the lie even though his own Attorney General told him there was no proof that the election was rigged. The recent book by Bill Barr sets out in minute detail his conversations with Trump. Trump knew that the election was not rigged.

*Trump continued his baseless message and elaborated on it saying that VP Pence had the authority to reverse the electoral college results. No legal authority supported this additional misrepresentation. Yet, he stated over and over that Pence could fix this.

*Just prior to official certification of the Electoral College results on Jan 6, he weaponized his lie by urging his supporters to March to the Capitol to “stop the steal”. He uttered a smaller lie that of course “I’ll be there with you.”

*Defeated in the courts on an ongoing basis and then in Congress on Jan 6, he never conceded the election.

17, This ongoing and still continuing series of lies is so offensive to me because it undermines public confidence in our elections and dishonors the laws, precedents and traditions of the transfer of presidential power in the US. Our peaceful transfer of power distinguishes our nation from almost all other countries. Trump’s actions threatened this fundamental strength of our political system. Unforgivable.
The fact that Kamala Harris is VP and Biden is the "President" of the United States is offensive to me and to virtually the leader of every country in the world. US became the international laughing stock "this is the best you have". His presidency makes a mockery of presidential power in the US. You talk about "peaceful transfer of power" ... something that Trump never had the benefit of. The attacks on Trump commenced on the morning after his election had been confirmed and didn't cease until after his term of office was completed. The attacks on Trump by the "MSM', Hollywood elites, and the "woke" liberals (some screaming 'somebody please get a rifle and kill that man") are unprecedented in the history of this country.

The fact that Kamala Harris is VP and Biden is the "President" of the United States is offensive to me and to virtually the leader of every country in the world. US became the international laughing stock "this is the best you have". His presidency makes a mockery of presidential power in the US. You talk about "peaceful transfer of power" ... something that Trump never had the benefit of. The attacks on Trump commenced on the morning after his election had been confirmed and didn't cease until after his term of office was completed. The attacks on Trump by the "MSM', Hollywood elites, and the "woke" liberals (some screaming 'somebody please get a rifle and kill that man") are unprecedented in the history of this country.
This

Reactions: mahb

Settle down a little. The Op spoke of presidential lies. You then veered off course into hatred of Hillary.

I noted Trump’s lie about the rigged election. In response, you veered again into your hatred of Joe and Kamala. You made no mention of lies committed by them. Rant if you must. But can you stay on point?

I would love to know What is in that leather bound journal each and every President has received and passed to the in-coming President. 🥸

Cortez that was pretty funny 🤣😂 apropos even. It is Presidential lies. That's just classic 😆

Settle down a little. The Op spoke of presidential lies. You then veered off course into hatred of Hillary.

I noted Trump’s lie about the rigged election. In response, you veered again into your hatred of Joe and Kamala. You made no mention of lies committed by them. Rant if you must. But can you stay on point?
Don't read it if it disturbs you. You mentioned disgust by Trumps actions ... is that on point? .... I referenced disgust at the entire "lack of transfer of power" when Trump won. Not hatred ... simple facts.

Reactions: krvanness
"peaceful transfer of power"...something Trump never had the benefit of". He never had that benefit because he insisted the election was rigged and refused to accept defeat despite rulings from fifty some courts that his lawsuits lacked merit! To this day, he continues trying to overturn the election. Is that somebody looking for a "peaceful transfer of power"?

Last edited:
"peaceful transfer of power"...something Trump never had the benefit of". He never had that benefit because he insisted the election was rigged and refused to accept defeat despite rulings from fifty some courts that his lawsuits lacked merit! To this day, he continues trying to overturn the election. Is that somebody looking for a "peaceful transfer of power"?
Very similar to Hilary still blaming the Russians and everyone else for her loss to Trump after 6 long years

In case you missed the point ... which you obviously did ... I am referring when Trump defeated Clinton .... the attacks on Trump commenced immediately that very morning and didn't cease until he was out of office.

I don’t recall any specific instance of Trump lying. ( ie telling an untruth )

The whole idea of a rigged election etc was really an opinion he has , not a misstatement of a fact . He continues to believe this .

The whole change of the electoral systems in the various states , based on a faulty premise of health concerns were really the basis of the assertion of a rigged election, along with suspect actions in inner city polling places

Most of Trumps alleged misstatements are not lies ... like when he said the virus will likely disappear, a clear aspirational statement
If anything Trump was very blunt and forthright
Nope, Trump said some controversial stuff , but he didn’t lie .

Trump’s big lie that the election was stolen wins by a country mile. And it’s still going on since just today Trump pulled his support for Mo Brooks after Brooks didn’t support Trump’s election lie.

I don’t recall any specific instance of Trump lying. ( ie telling an untruth )

The whole idea of a rigged election etc was really an opinion he has , not a misstatement of a fact . He continues to believe this .

The whole change of the electoral systems in the various states , based on a faulty premise of health concerns were really the basis of the assertion of a rigged election, along with suspect actions in inner city polling places

Most of Trumps alleged misstatements are not lies ... like when he said the virus will likely disappear, a clear aspirational statement
If anything Trump was very blunt and forthright
Nope, Trump said some controversial stuff , but he didn’t lie .
“ Rigged election was really an opinion he has, not a misstatement of a fact.”

d, with all respect, you have NO idea whether Trump legitimately believed that the election was rigged or whether he lied from the get go. Why should you or I assume that his belief was legitimate? That is an assumption..not fact based.

Because I instinctively don’t trust Trump, I believe it was a lie from the get go. But, Bill Barr’s book solidified my presumption. He asserted and proved beyond a doubt that Trump knew that there was no substantial election fraud. Yet, even after that revelation, Trump continued with his lie.

Trump was indeed blunt. But, forthright? No way.

“ Rigged election was really an opinion he has, not a misstatement of a fact.”

d, with all respect, you have NO idea whether Trump legitimately believed that the election was rigged or whether he lied from the get go. Why should you or I assume that his belief was legitimate? That is an assumption..not fact based.

Because I instinctively don’t trust Trump, I believe it was a lie from the get go. But, Bill Barr’s book solidified my presumption. He asserted and proved beyond a doubt that Trump knew that there was no substantial election fraud. Yet, even after that revelation, Trump continued with his lie.

Trump was indeed blunt. But, forthright? No way.
That is your basis for all "opinions" regarding Trump. To you it doesn't matter if in fact it was a lie or not because of your fundamental anti-Trump bias. I am a registered Independent. I do not trust the Clintons ... never have due to their history of corrupt actions since they were practicing attorneys and then got into politics. Don't like Trump as an individual ... is a major asshole as a person. However he is not beholding to the political machines and as president DID stand up for American businesses, did take a stand with Nato allies for them to foot a fair share of the cost of protecting European interests, and was respected (not liked) by international leaders as a leader of the US that would protect the country. Biden is a joke of a "leader" by any metric. But at least you admitted that you have a fundamental bias so there is no actual evaluation of facts in your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT