ADVERTISEMENT

What Grade Do You Give Enos In His First Game As OC...?

advarkas

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2007
Hometown: Coral Gables; Currently: Downtown FTL
For me, I give him a C.

The first drive was night and day compared to last year. The quick hitting plays- swings, screens, and a slant completely caught Florida's defense off guard. And then, for some reason, he slowly and steadily went away from it. The SLOW DEVELOPING run plays were head scratching.

DeeJay had success in the wildcat- why did we not use it more?

Unblanaced line- why didn't we use it to better establish the run game and help protect Zion on the outside?

I understand at least trying Tate in a different look/package, but it was clear he had no impact on the game. Guy has played WR for what, 7 days? Getting action over other guys like Pope was a mistake as many have noted.

Also disappointed in Enos for not using any kind of HB Draw/HB Screen to neutralize the Gator Rush, especially on Zuniga.

Now, we had a true freshman LT and a freshman QB up against a good UF team. But I saw no real adjustments by Enos to SCHEME more away from our weaknesses and more towards our strengths (like the first drive illustrated). He also needs to teach JW how to cut the negative plays in half by either throwing the ball away or running early for a 0-3 yard gain. Thought Enos did a B- job in the First Half, and thought the second half was mostly poor play calling- I give him a D for the second half. C total grade.

Need to see some more games before I can give my definitive opinion on him one way or another, but that first game was certainly not his finest hour. He has a lot of room for improvmeent as a schemer, playcaller, and coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News