ADVERTISEMENT

Who takes a job under these circumstances?

Would you take an AD job under these circumstances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RPerk1127

SuperCane
Jan 17, 2013
Would any "C Level" guy here take a job where the first thing on your plate is to do the exact opposite of what the guys who hired you have made clear they want to happen?

A NEW A.D. knows the narrative has developed to the point he knows the BOD has a degree of support for CMD to return. Does anyone really think he is going to shit in his welcome to the U smorgasbord at the party by firing CMD. On the other hand any qualified A.D. is going to recognize that by keeping CMD he is not going to be successful.

Put another way .......What idiot is going to take this job under those circumstances. He (New guy A.D.) is guaranteed no control because failure has clearly been defined, nothing is up to the U standards, and now the illusion is made public that if he makes the call....a call that is obviously NOT what some of his bosses want, he is on shitcan watch starting the day. he goes against his bosses.

He does what his bosses have publicly floated and he sets recruiting back 3 years, 3 years worth of history is irrelevant when he wants to make a decision, and he will not be able to make decisions that affect his success because a minority of the board dictates his decisions and autonomy is only an illusion............and it sends the message to the players that they can dictate decisions by effort? People are rewarded for results and not for effort.

Floating this "you make the decision" rhetoric has actually undermined hiring of a quality A.D. We are going to get a true "yes man". The BOD has absolutely screwed the pooch on this with their lack of clarity and decisiveness to take another direction. For whatever reason.......they have actually undermined any new A.D.. I would certainly not take the job knowing if I go along with my bosses I forfeit three years of potential successes and I am screwed, and if I make a decision to go against what my bosses want ...... then I am screwed.

They set up a "can't win" for the new AD.

What if the AD truly believes he has to fire Manny? Shitcan watch countdown begins the day he acts.....no way I take a job where I cannot succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.