ADVERTISEMENT

You guys see Oklahoma ignorant race chant!!!

My daughter goes to OU. The ex wife convinced her. She could have gotten quite a bit of free ride to the U, but ex's only care about f'ing with the former spouse, at least mine for certain. But i regress, my daughter is so upset about this that she is considering bailing from OU. She says the students, for the most part are sickened by this. I was just out there a couple of weeks ago, and as you would expect to see on most any campus, the kids hanging out were in very diversified groups, you certainly would not perceive from the outside looking in that there was a huge problem. I don't know if there is or not. I just know my daughter talked for a long time about this trying to get a grip on it.

There is racism, no doubt. and some whites claim there is reverse racism. I'm not sure about that side of it as opposed to being a reaction from being the recipient for so long that maybe there is defensive posturing by some blacks. To me the only thing that matters is what are we doing to make it better. It has nothing to do with affirmative action or what is left of it, or what one thinks of Obama, or welfare or any other program that others perceive to help primarily a certain group of people or two. Those things just become excuses for folks who are already messed up.

Folks aren't going to like what i have to say now, but the reality is two fold, most folks who are racist in any form are likley to be very insecure and not happy with themselves. and second, until one embraces the love our heavenly Father has for us and base our self worth on that relationship and not what others think of us, the cycle will continue. There is a reason that most slave owners tried to suppress slaves from worshipping God in song and prayer. It's hard to hold a group down when they don't attribute their self worth to anything the oppressor does.

Sadly, most Christian churches are severely segregated. I am thankful that the last two churches i attended were pretty even. It is amazing what happens when diverse grous come together to worship.

Originally posted by eddiemac66:
Plenty of racism up north too. It's not just south of the mason dixon line. Just ask the folks up in Bostion.

Not just a southern thing.

eMac
When it comes to racism, the Boston Irish are in their own class.

Once again racism & white supremacy has reared it's ugly head... I am not sure why everyone is so upset about this... Racism & White Supremacy is World System operates by mistreating people based on color... I grew up in Greenville, MS experienced racism there... Went to college at Ohio University experience racism there... Lived in TX, OH, CA, IL, TN, KY, PA, and WV and in all those states I had to face the same problem of racism & white supremacy... My wife is from Birmingham, England and she dealt with it there... My brother-in-law lives in Melbourne, Australia and it's a problem there... So, this type of American behavior is not new to people of color especially Black Folk...

Definition:
prejudice against or in favor of people belonging to a particular social class.

Have you ever seen how some white americans treat other white americans with lesser social status.

Or Cubans treat Puerto Ricans/Dominicans. or Cubans/Puerto Ricans/ Dominicans treat Mexicans & vice versa

Back in the day: how black Americans treated Haitians (this has since changed. i think we have become more unified over time)

But Classism is real my bro. Its the root of why people hate Obama Care.

If you put life at its simplest form. So simple that its just me and you on this planet, a planet that has food and shelter in abundance. If you come across me hurt in need of aid, i believe at lifes simplest form you will stop and help. But guess what tommycane its not that simple, you throw in racism, classism, a little selfishness and you get the reactions you see today.

Dont want to turn it to a political thread just trying to make my point.

Just my opinion.
Yes I agree with u I am white and in the north and not rich so the rich discriminate against us not poor but just get by

Slow down. Racist are everywhere. Great people are everywhere. Don't look at some frat kids at Oklahoma and make that the standard of the SEC schools because Oklahoma doesn't even play there. You don't see the news? You don't think racist live in Florida?

People are people everywhere. Racist have means of transportation. They do fly and drive other places too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT