ADVERTISEMENT

$33 billion? Is there a limit ?

ddimaggio

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2006
The war mongers in DC are intent on funding another endless war. The noise coming from the administration makes it pretty clear that they view this as a proxy war against Russia.
They talk of making sure that we fund the Ukrainians as the dead pile up in hopes of toppling Putin. My view is this is a payback for the Hillary loss in 2016

The British response is worse
The wacky foreign secretary talks of pushing Russia out of all of Ukraine , including Crimea
This talk is crazy

Russia will not be driven out of Crimea , nor will they give up lands that they took in 2014 in Eastern Ukraine . At least not without a nuclear confrontation , after they level London

Who exactly is paying the latest $33 billion give away? Which Taxpayers? Oh the ones who pay all the taxes now, just not their fair share according to the Dems?

Obviously everyone has sympathy for the Ukrainian people . This was an unjustified and evil attack. the continued violence will just result in more dead and devastated cities

But rather than hearing anything about a negotiated resolution, we just hear about conquering Russia , endless bloodshed, endless $$ spent and as a result , dead Ukrainians .

The war mongers in DC are intent on funding another endless war. The noise coming from the administration makes it pretty clear that they view this as a proxy war against Russia.
They talk of making sure that we fund the Ukrainians as the dead pile up in hopes of toppling Putin. My view is this is a payback for the Hillary loss in 2016

The wacky foreign secretary talks of pushing Russia out of all of Ukraine , including Crimea
This talk is crazy

Russia will not be driven out of Crimea , nor will they give up lands that they took in 2014 in Eastern Ukraine . At least not without a nuclear confrontation , after they level London

Who exactly is paying the latest $33 billion give away? Which Taxpayers? Oh the ones who pay all the taxes now, just not their fair share according to the Dems?

Obviously everyone has sympathy for the Ukrainian people . This was an unjustified and evil attack. the continued violence will just result in more dead and devastated cities

But rather than hearing anything about a negotiated resolution, we just hear about conquering Russia , endless bloodshed, endless $$ spent and as a result , dead Ukrainians .
Do you prefer Ukraine surrender?

No. Negotiate .
Or face destruction and many deaths
How much are we ( the USA ) willing to spend ?
We just got over spending in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Where’s the money coming from? Are we cutting social programs ? Welfare ? COVID spending? How are funding this?
Ukraine has choices to make
Their country is getting destroyed

Mis-handled like everything else. Started out to slow (quote Biden "it will be a minor skirmish" which essentially gave Putin an invitation to invade) and now starting two weeks ago they are going all in to try to save there political chances in the next election, as the last two months have been a domestic disaster for them.

Last edited:
No. Negotiate .
Or face destruction and many deaths
How much are we ( the USA ) willing to spend ?
We just got over spending in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Where’s the money coming from? Are we cutting social programs ? Welfare ? COVID spending? How are funding this?
Ukraine has choices to make
Their country is getting destroyed
Would you negotiate your freedom? Putin will not stop with Ukraine. We need to stop Putin before Finland and Sweden are next. Also, did you complain where the money was coming from when Trump gave big business the biggest tax cut ever?

Reactions: tyrone.russell
Would you negotiate your freedom? Putin will not stop with Ukraine. We need to stop Putin before Finland and Sweden are next. Also, did you complain where the money was coming from when Trump gave big business the biggest tax cut ever?
How many dead Ukrainians is a worthwhile price for the libbies that allowed this to happen in the first place to play the "brave Ukrainians" narrative as Liz Cheney's donors get rich and Hunter involvement is hidden.

How many dead Ukrainians is a worthwhile price for the libbies that allowed this to happen in the first place to play the "brave Ukrainians" narrative as Liz Cheney's donors get rich and Hunter involvement is hidden.
Man you are sick. You blaming Putin's aggression on Libs and Liz Cheney? Try previous American presidents not being tougher on him. Dems included.

No one is on Russia’s side, what they did is indefensible.

The problem is is that we’re getting too involved, no America loss of life is worth making Liz Cheney’s family even more wealthier.

Big problem everyone ignores is that Ukraine is the most corrupt nation on the planet. It’s run by a group of oligarchs.

We already can’t account for a couple billion dollars. If you think that Biden’s personal financial dealings aren’t affecting our policies in Ukraine, I’ve got beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.

Last edited:
Man you are sick. You blaming Putin's aggression on Libs and Liz Cheney? Try previous American presidents not being tougher on him. Dems included.
Everywhere that Hunter and Joe make money, bad things happen! FACTS.

Putin invaded Ukraine under Obama/Biden and Biden/Harris. Putin did not invade while Trump was president. cems, yes or no, are the two prior sentences in this paragraph true?

. We need to stop Putin before Finland and Sweden are next. Also, did you complain where the money was coming from when Trump gave big business the biggest tax cut ever?
Who are we that you refer to ? That’s the problem. Is it the USA ? We have many other issues we need to deal with
Plus this hate for Putin goes way back to the defeat of Hillary . Yeah he’s a real bad dude , a tad crazy . But one bad dude with the largest Nuclear arsenal in the world. The escalating rhetoric can only end in two ways , negotiations or a Nuclear Holocaust. If anyone thinks that Putin will be driven out of the Donbas or Crimea without him striking back, they are insane . As we saw today their second biggest city ( Liv ) was attacked . Their train system is in tatters .

And as to the Trump the tax rate cuts ( along with regulatory relief ) they were designed to increase production, and increase taxes collected, which they did until COVID

Why do liberals always believe that tax cuts are some sort of giveaway? Do increased rates become a God Given right that the government gets which can never be reduced? And what exactly is a fair share ?

Who are we that you refer to ? That’s the problem. Is it the USA ? We have many other issues we need to deal with
Plus this hate for Putin goes way back to the defeat of Hillary . Yeah he’s a real bad dude , a tad crazy . But one bad dude with the largest Nuclear arsenal in the world. The escalating rhetoric can only end in two ways , negotiations or a Nuclear Holocaust. If anyone thinks that Putin will be driven out of the Donbas or Crimea without him striking back, they are insane . As we saw today their second biggest city ( Liv ) was attacked . Their train system is in tatters .

And as to the Trump the tax rate cuts ( along with regulatory relief ) they were designed to increase production, and increase taxes collected, which they did until COVID

Why do liberals always believe that tax cuts are some sort of giveaway? Do increased rates become a God Given right that the government gets which can never be reduced? And what exactly is a fair share ?
Tax collection did not increase after Trump's tax reduction. Show me a credible source where this is true? Here's my proof you're wrong.

Blaming Putin's aggression on Hillary and others is another Republican ploy to cover for Putin. You Republicans need to just admit, you don't like democracy but instead authoritarian rule like Putin runs.

Everywhere that Hunter and Joe make money, bad things happen! FACTS.

Putin invaded Ukraine under Obama/Biden and Biden/Harris. Putin did not invade while Trump was president. cems, yes or no, are the two prior sentences in this paragraph true?
They are true but so is this. Putin invaded Georgia while W was president. Is this not true?

Reactions: central17
It’s not what “we” prefer. It’s what is practical. They need to make some concessions if they want peace etc. that’s what happens in wars often.
Putin is already threatening nukes. And according to everybody he’s not bluffing. Are “we” willing to engage in a nuclear war over Ukraine? Especially where Putin makes valid points—though no justification to invade and kill innocent people.
I want answers from our own admin. What was Hunters involvement in Ukraine. And why did Joe blackmail Ukrainian prez? Quid pro quo that he accused Trump of? And the biolabs. Funded by the US.

It’s not what “we” prefer. It’s what is practical. They need to make some concessions if they want peace etc. that’s what happens in wars often.
Putin is already threatening nukes. And according to everybody he’s not bluffing. Are “we” willing to engage in a nuclear war over Ukraine? Especially where Putin makes valid points—though no justification to invade and kill innocent people.
I want answers from our own admin. What was Hunters involvement in Ukraine. And why did Joe blackmail Ukrainian prez? Quid pro quo that he accused Trump of? And the biolabs. Funded by the US.
Agree , if you back a rabid dog into a corner what would be the expected outcome ? They will attack
And the Russians may happen to agree with Putin as to to the west encroaching on their country. NATO’s basic existence is based on opposing Russia
I just don’t see a Ukrainian “ victory “ that is being discussed in DC .
What would that “ victory “ look like ?

Last edited:
Reactions: genghiscane
They are true but so is this. Putin invaded Georgia while W was president. Is this not true?
Yes you are correct and I am no "W" fan. While rightfully Biden is catching hell over his ministry of truth, it is Bushie that put in place the Homeland Security structure that allows the agency to be used against law abiding american citizens. The greatest loss of freedom in the history of the US occured in the 28 years of Bushie-Clinton;Bushie-Obama. All four were globalists that were fine with diminishing American freedoms.

Yes you are correct and I am no "W" fan. While rightfully Biden is catching hell over his ministry of truth, it is Bushie that put in place the Homeland Security structure that allows the agency to be used against law abiding american citizens. The greatest loss of freedom in the history of the US occured in the 28 years of Bushie-Clinton;Bushie-Obama. All four were globalists that were fine with diminis

Sadley at the time I was guilty of thinking the Department of Homeland Security was a good thing. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Rand Paul was right, DHS has done everything he predicted it would.

I thought we were about to have a sensible discussion then....your typical right wing rant.

Yes you are correct and I am no "W" fan. While rightfully Biden is catching hell over his ministry of truth, it is Bushie that put in place the Homeland Security structure that allows the agency to be used against law abiding american citizens. The greatest loss of freedom in the history of the US occured in the 28 years of Bushie-Clinton;Bushie-Obama. All four were globalists that were fine with diminishing American freedoms.
You all over the place tonight. Nice job of deflecting again. Stay focused!!

Update , the Congress saw the $33 billion and raised the pot by $7 billion to $40 billion!
57 brave Republicans voted against the bill , citing domestic needs which are being neglected. I agree
This amount equals 1/2 of the entire Russian annual defense budget
The expenditures are not funded. We borrow the money from foreign investors, including China , to give to Ukraine while our border security is underfunded
It’s really an outrage . A bi partisan outrage
And the idiots like Jamie Raskin only retort to any objection to unbridled expenditures is - you are a Putin supporter !
Moronic and incorrect.
The irony is that the members of party who usually ( historically) opposes corporate greed and unnecessary foreign ways , are the cheerleaders for the arms manufacturers and neo con war hawks
Meanwhile Ukraine is being destroyed
No one wants to negotiate it seems

I am perfectly okay with my tax dollars going to this war. I am NOT perfectly okay with my tax dollars funding a lie about WMDs. These aren't the same thing. So when you say "another endless war" I don't equate the two.

Reactions: cems52
He prefers Ukrainians don't seek the same freedoms he has and instead submit to a totalitarian fascist tyrant.
It’s not our problem
It’s a European problem
We just want to instigate a war with Russia to fatten our defense contractors and give our military something to do .

We have problems of our own
We have people in Lowndes county Alabama that don’t have sewers or cesspools. We don’t have the money to fix that problem
We have every broke Central American invading our borders , we don’t have the $ to fix that problem
We have inner cities where kids can’t read , no money to fix that
Where is all this money coming from ?
It ain’t the 50% of the country that pays no taxes , mostly democrats.
But Washington thinks we have a money tree.

Of course it is our problem. That's like saying Hitler putting millions of people in an incinerator is not our problem. We don't live our lives like that. Horary for me and sucks for you. The problem with this mentality is eventually it will become your problem. You seriously think Russia is going to stop at these European countries. I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if that is the case. That's how people like this operate. They are scared cowards and the only way to deal with a scared coward is this way. Putin is a weakling and so are people like him and they need to be checked.

The money is coming from where it is supposed to come from. Our tax dollars. This is why we are supposed to be paying our taxes. To continue to enjoy the freedoms we are afforded because if we don't that freedom will be erased by the Russia's of the world who hate the West. Freedom isn't Free! It cost money to be free and have the necessary protections.

The very worst decision we made was to make war under false pretenses. Claiming WMDs that never existed causing American lives and the lives of our Allies. We don't have the trust needed around the world any longer as a result that is desperately needed. Using war to stay in office cost us tremendously. Doing anything for power cost us.

Reactions: cems52 and Raoul2
It’s not our problem
It’s a European problem
We just want to instigate a war with Russia to fatten our defense contractors and give our military something to do .

We have problems of our own
We have people in Lowndes county Alabama that don’t have sewers or cesspools. We don’t have the money to fix that problem
We have every broke Central American invading our borders , we don’t have the $ to fix that problem
We have inner cities where kids can’t read , no money to fix that
Where is all this money coming from ?
It ain’t the 50% of the country that pays no taxes , mostly democrats.
But Washington thinks we have a money tree.

When Russia invades Europe and commits genocide and war crimes along the way, its actually our problem. We are the most powerful nation on earth and have an obligation to help our allies and stop these atrocities from happening. Also, Putin will not stop at Ukraine. Once he has that, he will move on to Poland, Moldova, and the Baltics. We can't therefore afford to bury our heads in the sand while the nation with the world's biggest stockpile of nukes is marauding across Europe.

This talk is crazy

Conquering Russia talk is absurd. The nuclear destruction around the world would be devastating.

I am perfectly okay with my tax dollars going to this war. I am NOT perfectly okay with my tax dollars funding a lie about WMDs. These aren't the same thing. So when you say "another endless war" I don't equate the two.
Actually it wasn’t a lie. Even the NYT acknowledged this. Years late of course. Soldiers we’re starting to get strange illnesses. Then the NYT ran an expose on why the DOD didn’t warn the soldiers and make it safe or mitigate the chemicals.
Further evidence is when Syria AND ISIS began using chemical weapons against each other. Where did they get it? The claim they got it out in the desert near the Iraqi border.
Saddams son-in-law confessed to this. The CIA sold him out and Saudi Arabia urged him to leave after Saddam said he would be safe. He wasn’t. Besides WMD are just bio-chemical weapons they include missiles which Iraq had and refused UN Inspection of. That and the weapon sites. There were 8 UN Resolutions AND a commitment from the Security council calling for military action that Iraq was in violation of. As the time started getting close France became wishy washy.
Here’s an interesting fact The day France, and the Germany declared they weren’t going to engage militarily in Iraq let me back up. Saddam and 500 military vehicles departed Baghdad. Strangely headed East toward the Iranian border.
When France said this… about 8 hours prior. This convoy split up. Half confined East toward Iran. At the Iranian border 30,000 Iranian Republican guards were in the line where the convoy was heading.
The other half returned to the capital. It was suspected that Saddam was in that convoy and was capitulating UNTIL France’s actions. I suppose France had given them advanced warning. An assassination attempt was made on Saddam. Obv failing and the 2 body guards involved were executed.
The Iranian thing. It was surmised Iraq was going to turn over their nuclear research and material etc to Iran in exchange for safe passage for Saddam.
Then we find out that Kofi Annan and France and Germany and Russia—all speaking out against USA intervention all had illegal dealings Saddam
The intel that the USA was partially relying on was from an ally in the Middle East. One that would benefit from this military action. AND noticeably the suicide bombings on Israel stopped immediately. Where they were experiencing one a week or so to zero. And not many since.
Why is that? Abu Nidal a Palestinian terrorist had been a guest of Saddams. Enjoy round the clock body guards. Well guess what. When the first bomb dropped Saddam gave the order to kill Nidal. Why would he do that? Apparently Nidal was the go-between for the Palestinians and Saddam. Saddam was paying each suicide bombers family 25,000$$.
There was your terrorist connection. Also it was reported that the morning of 9/11 Saddam had retreated to his bunker prior to the first plane hitting. That I’m not sure of but the other info is solid.

We aren’t going to be invaded by Russia. Neither is Poland or any NATO country. Unlike Germany in 1940 , Russia does not have a military that matches up with NATO . It’s a false argument. When all else fails , mention Hitler .

We are being invaded by illegal aliens on the southern border , who have no viable claim for asylum. Spend the money there. Is this $40 billion a gift?
I actually had no problem with limited financial aide to Ukraine, but this is a runaway freight train of escalation, with no end in sight
The problem is on both sides. We are pushing for an endless involvement which ultimately may end up with a hobbled Russia playing their ace in the hole.

Actually it wasn’t a lie. Even the NYT acknowledged this. Years late of course. Soldiers we’re starting to get strange illnesses. Then the NYT ran an expose on why the DOD didn’t warn the soldiers and make it safe or mitigate the chemicals.
Further evidence is when Syria AND ISIS began using chemical weapons against each other. Where did they get it? The claim they got it out in the desert near the Iraqi border.
Saddams son-in-law confessed to this. The CIA sold him out and Saudi Arabia urged him to leave after Saddam said he would be safe. He wasn’t. Besides WMD are just bio-chemical weapons they include missiles which Iraq had and refused UN Inspection of. That and the weapon sites. There were 8 UN Resolutions AND a commitment from the Security council calling for military action that Iraq was in violation of. As the time started getting close France became wishy washy.
Here’s an interesting fact The day France, and the Germany declared they weren’t going to engage militarily in Iraq let me back up. Saddam and 500 military vehicles departed Baghdad. Strangely headed East toward the Iranian border.
When France said this… about 8 hours prior. This convoy split up. Half confined East toward Iran. At the Iranian border 30,000 Iranian Republican guards were in the line where the convoy was heading.
The other half returned to the capital. It was suspected that Saddam was in that convoy and was capitulating UNTIL France’s actions. I suppose France had given them advanced warning. An assassination attempt was made on Saddam. Obv failing and the 2 body guards involved were executed.
The Iranian thing. It was surmised Iraq was going to turn over their nuclear research and material etc to Iran in exchange for safe passage for Saddam.
Then we find out that Kofi Annan and France and Germany and Russia—all speaking out against USA intervention all had illegal dealings Saddam
The intel that the USA was partially relying on was from an ally in the Middle East. One that would benefit from this military action. AND noticeably the suicide bombings on Israel stopped immediately. Where they were experiencing one a week or so to zero. And not many since.
Why is that? Abu Nidal a Palestinian terrorist had been a guest of Saddams. Enjoy round the clock body guards. Well guess what. When the first bomb dropped Saddam gave the order to kill Nidal. Why would he do that? Apparently Nidal was the go-between for the Palestinians and Saddam. Saddam was paying each suicide bombers family 25,000$$.
There was your terrorist connection. Also it was reported that the morning of 9/11 Saddam had retreated to his bunker prior to the first plane hitting. That I’m not sure of but the other info is solid.
Everyone knows we should not have gone to war with the information we had. Obama ran on this and won as a result. There were no WMDs found that were explicitly expressed would be found.

Reactions: grbcane
just another example of ignoring our citizens and funneling $$ overseas to wage war against foes who really don’t threaten us .
The Liz Cheneys and Lindsey Grahams are John Bolton followers .. love them wars
The Dems just hate Putin because he hated Hillary and think that this is politically advantageous.
No doubt Putin is a thug
He also may be crazy , but he’s not stupid. He’s not going to roll tanks into Poland or any NATO country.
We are in the midst of a economic meltdown, the last thing we can afford is an unending financial obligation to Ukraine.
Is anyone seriously trying to negotiate a resolution?

Reactions: grbcane
He prefers Ukrainians don't seek the same freedoms he has and instead submit to a totalitarian fascist tyrant.
Yep. That's about how most Republicans feel. I once thought those guys were anti Communists and against other authoritarian forms of government. Trump comes along and they somehow forgot their roots. Smh

just another example of ignoring our citizens and funneling $$ overseas to wage war against foes who really don’t threaten us .
The Liz Cheneys and Lindsey Grahams are John Bolton followers .. love them wars
The Dems just hate Putin because he hated Hillary and think that this is politically advantageous.
No doubt Putin is a thug
He also may be crazy , but he’s not stupid. He’s not going to roll tanks into Poland or any NATO country.
We are in the midst of a economic meltdown, the last thing we can afford is an unending financial obligation to Ukraine.
Is anyone seriously trying to negotiate a resolution?
The answer to your question is no if those negotiations will lead to Ukraine giving Putin their land or worse their freedom.

Obama won because John McCain was a pathetic candidate.
Obama ran on voting against the war.
As are most Republicans.
Correct, every candidate they have had since maybe HW Bush has been horrific to say the least. They would nominate a serial killer if it meant they would rubber stamp their rich people big business agenda. Cut more taxes, drastically increasing the debt they only complain about when dems spend and more programs for people that need them....and cram corrupt judges down our throats...

That tax cut INCREASED revenues to the Treasury bongo. If Putin goes into Finland / Sweden we will have WW3 and then we will spend. We aren't stopping Putin with money to Ukraine. We could stop him at the negotiating table but that table hasn't been set yet.

We aren’t going to be invaded by Russia. Neither is Poland or any NATO country. Unlike Germany in 1940 , Russia does not have a military that matches up with NATO . It’s a false argument. When all else fails , mention Hitler .

We are being invaded by illegal aliens on the southern border , who have no viable claim for asylum. Spend the money there. Is this $40 billion a gift?
I actually had no problem with limited financial aide to Ukraine, but this is a runaway freight train of escalation, with no end in sight
The problem is on both sides. We are pushing for an endless involvement which ultimately may end up with a hobbled Russia playing their ace in the hole.
And worse ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY measures in place!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT