ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Taylor's Opening Statement......Trump in Trouble!!!!

cems52

SuperCane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2006
Parkland, Florida
Here are some excerpts from Bill Taylor's opening statement during the House impeachment inquiry.

While I have served in many places and in different capacities, I have a particular interest in and respect for the importance of our country's relationship with Ukraine. Our national security demands that this relationship remain strong. However, in August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular, informal channel of US policy making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons.

The underlined statement above is what right wingers call the deep state in full view.

And finally, as the Committees are now aware, I said on September 9 in a message to Ambassador Gordon Sondland that withholding security assistance in exchange for help with a domestic political campaign in the United States would be "crazy." I believed that then, and I still believe that.

Here is the complete statement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-t...f-the-top-us-diplomats-statement-to-congress/

Here are some excerpts from Bill Taylor's opening statement during the House impeachment inquiry.

While I have served in many places and in different capacities, I have a particular interest in and respect for the importance of our country's relationship with Ukraine. Our national security demands that this relationship remain strong. However, in August and September of this year, I became increasingly concerned that our relationship with Ukraine was being fundamentally undermined by an irregular, informal channel of US policy making and by the withholding of vital security assistance for domestic political reasons.

The underlined statement above is what right wingers call the deep state in full view.

And finally, as the Committees are now aware, I said on September 9 in a message to Ambassador Gordon Sondland that withholding security assistance in exchange for help with a domestic political campaign in the United States would be "crazy." I believed that then, and I still believe that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-t...f-the-top-us-diplomats-statement-to-congress/

...and then there was this:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kevin...yed-latest-trump-impeachment-inquiry-argument

Sounds like another subordinate bureaucrat thinking he makes foreign policy and not the President. Sally Yates started it and these never voted for bureaucrats think they can continue it.

May I add this:

What happened Oct 22nd
  • Bill Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, told impeachment investigators that President Trumpheld up security aid and withheld a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, until Mr. Zelensky agreed to publicly announce that he would investigate Mr. Trump’s political rivals.
  • Mr. Taylor told lawmakers that Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, said “everything,” including the military aid, was dependent on such an announcement. “He said that President Trump wanted President Zelensky ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”
  • Mr. Taylor, who referred to detailed notes he took throughout the summer, told investigators about a budget official who said during a secure National Security Council call in July that she had been instructed not to approve the $391 million security assistance package for Ukraine, and that “the directive had come from the president.”
[Read Mr. Taylor’s 15-page opening statement to investigators.]

In his own words
My colleague Sharon LaFraniere highlighted six key parts of Mr. Taylor’s opening statement. Here are three of the most compelling passages:

1. Mr. Taylor described an explicit quid pro quo. There appeared to be two channels of U.S. policy-making and implementation, one regular and one highly irregular … By mid-July it was becoming clear to me that the meeting President Zelensky wanted was conditioned on the investigations of Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections. It was also clear that this condition was driven by the irregular policy channel I had come to understand was guided by [Rudy] Giuliani.
2. Mr. Taylor was told Ukraine had to ‘pay up.’

Before these text messages, during our call on September 8, Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check.
3. Mr. Taylor said Ukrainians would die as a result of the delay in military aid.

Ambassador Volker and I traveled to the front line in northern Donbas to receive a briefing from the commander of the forces on the line of contact … Ambassador Volker and I could see the armed and hostile Russian-led forces on the other side of the damaged bridge across the line of contact. Over 13,000 Ukrainians had been killed in the war, one or two a week. More Ukrainians would undoubtedly die without the U.S. assistance.

The scene in
the Capitol:

NYT Nick Fandos' was standing outside of the secure room where Mr. Taylor was being interviewed. Here’s what he said about the scene:

It was just a few hours into Mr. Taylor’s interview that you started to sense something big was happening. What was going on outside the room?

You had dozens of reporters standing in wait of any word from inside the closed hearing room. One by one, Democrats started coming out. They made clear that the testimony Mr. Taylor had given was on another level from what they had been hearing. To a person, they said: “You’ve got to read the opening statement.” At the same time, you had a Republican come out — Representative Mark Meadows — and say he didn’t think he learned anything new today.

Why were the Democrats so taken aback? Representative Andy Levin said

that in his 10 months in Congress, this was his “most disturbing day.”

These lawmakers don’t know what they’re going to hear ahead of time in any of these depositions. They seemed more genuinely surprised by this testimony, in part because there had been so much anticipation about Mr. Taylor, going back a few weeks. From what I understand, it took Mr. Taylor quite a while to read this opening statement. It ate up the better part of an hour.

What are lawmakers allowed to say?

In a private deposition of this nature, members are not supposed to come out and discuss any details of the testimony. They can offer takeaways or general impressions. Today, members were coming out in real time, caught off guard, saying, “We can’t tell you what we heard, but you’ve got to hear what we heard.” Only until a few hours later were we able to put the whole picture together.

Sounds like another subordinate bureaucrat thinking he makes foreign policy and not the President. Sally Yates started it and these never voted for bureaucrats think they can continue it.

Correction: Sally Yates worked in DOJ not the State Department. Another incorrect statement by you that required me to fix. School will resume again when you post more dumb shzt.

May I add this:

What happened Oct 22nd
  • Bill Taylor, the top U.S. diplomat in Ukraine, told impeachment investigators that President Trumpheld up security aid and withheld a White House meeting with Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, until Mr. Zelensky agreed to publicly announce that he would investigate Mr. Trump’s political rivals.
  • Mr. Taylor told lawmakers that Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, said “everything,” including the military aid, was dependent on such an announcement. “He said that President Trump wanted President Zelensky ‘in a public box’ by making a public statement about ordering such investigations.”
  • Mr. Taylor, who referred to detailed notes he took throughout the summer, told investigators about a budget official who said during a secure National Security Council call in July that she had been instructed not to approve the $391 million security assistance package for Ukraine, and that “the directive had come from the president.”
[Read Mr. Taylor’s 15-page opening statement to investigators.]

In his own words
My colleague Sharon LaFraniere highlighted six key parts of Mr. Taylor’s opening statement. Here are three of the most compelling passages:

1. Mr. Taylor described an explicit quid pro quo. There appeared to be two channels of U.S. policy-making and implementation, one regular and one highly irregular … By mid-July it was becoming clear to me that the meeting President Zelensky wanted was conditioned on the investigations of Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections. It was also clear that this condition was driven by the irregular policy channel I had come to understand was guided by [Rudy] Giuliani.
2. Mr. Taylor was told Ukraine had to ‘pay up.’

Before these text messages, during our call on September 8, Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check.
3. Mr. Taylor said Ukrainians would die as a result of the delay in military aid.

Ambassador Volker and I traveled to the front line in northern Donbas to receive a briefing from the commander of the forces on the line of contact … Ambassador Volker and I could see the armed and hostile Russian-led forces on the other side of the damaged bridge across the line of contact. Over 13,000 Ukrainians had been killed in the war, one or two a week. More Ukrainians would undoubtedly die without the U.S. assistance.

The scene in
the Capitol:

NYT Nick Fandos' was standing outside of the secure room where Mr. Taylor was being interviewed. Here’s what he said about the scene:

It was just a few hours into Mr. Taylor’s interview that you started to sense something big was happening. What was going on outside the room?

You had dozens of reporters standing in wait of any word from inside the closed hearing room. One by one, Democrats started coming out. They made clear that the testimony Mr. Taylor had given was on another level from what they had been hearing. To a person, they said: “You’ve got to read the opening statement.” At the same time, you had a Republican come out — Representative Mark Meadows — and say he didn’t think he learned anything new today.

Why were the Democrats so taken aback? Representative Andy Levin said

that in his 10 months in Congress, this was his “most disturbing day.”

These lawmakers don’t know what they’re going to hear ahead of time in any of these depositions. They seemed more genuinely surprised by this testimony, in part because there had been so much anticipation about Mr. Taylor, going back a few weeks. From what I understand, it took Mr. Taylor quite a while to read this opening statement. It ate up the better part of an hour.

What are lawmakers allowed to say?

In a private deposition of this nature, members are not supposed to come out and discuss any details of the testimony. They can offer takeaways or general impressions. Today, members were coming out in real time, caught off guard, saying, “We can’t tell you what we heard, but you’ve got to hear what we heard.” Only until a few hours later were we able to put the whole picture together.
Excellent intel!! Lets watch these right wing nutjobs scramble to discredit now 5 witnesses that say there was a quid pro quo. The whistleblower is no longer needed with these first hand accounts of Trump's criminal behavior.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a greater slam dunk on impeaching a "President" ?

SHIT! It's all over for Trump!!!

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2
Yeah.... yesterday was really really bad. There was a debate yesterday about if this or Charlottesville is the worst day of his presidency.

I don't know but yesterday was really bad.

Nothing to see here, no first hand knowledge of quid pro quo or any thing illegal. There’s a reason why they have this KGB style coupe. This is the same way the old Soviet Union ran its propaganda machine. Witnesses are contradicting and blowing up Shift’s and the Democrats narrative, and they’re leaking quotes out of context to fit their agenda. Those of you behind these tactics have played yourself.

SHIT! It's all over for Trump!!!

DangerousUnkemptCormorant-max-1mb.gif

Nothing to see here, no first hand knowledge of quid pro quo or any thing illegal. There’s a reason why they have this KGB style coupe. This is the same way the old Soviet Union ran its propaganda machine. Witnesses are contradicting and blowing up Shift’s and the Democrats narrative, and they’re leaking quotes out of context to fit their agenda. Those of you behind these tactics have played yourself.
And when Trump is impeached what will you say?

The question is no longer impeachment. It's removal from office. 53 Senators will decide his fate......or thier own. Thier choice.

Yeah.... yesterday was really really bad. There was a debate yesterday about if this or Charlottesville is the worst day of his presidency.

I don't know but yesterday was really bad.
Hey CD!! What do you think will be Trump's worst day in his second term???Lol! I love toying with you hyenas!

The question is no longer impeachment. It's removal from office. 53 Senators will decide his fate......or thier own. Thier choice.

Spot on. It would appear that there is an overwhelming wave of evidence that has been independently corroborated by witness after witness that Trump sought to withhold Congressionally approved foreign aid to a partner country until they secretly promised to dig up dirt on his domestic political rival. Call it a shakedown, call it extortion, call it what you will - this is pure corruption and is far more than what is necessary to impeach a President.

Reactions: zackbear
Spot on. It would appear that there is an overwhelming wave of evidence that has been independently corroborated by witness after witness that Trump sought to withhold Congressionally approved foreign aid to a partner country until they secretly promised to dig up dirt on his domestic political rival. Call it a shakedown, call it extortion, call it what you will - this is pure corruption and is far more than what is necessary to impeach a President.
Shit!!! Trump is sooooo impeached now!!!!!!

Reactions: zackbear and Raoul2

Yeah....and the Dems for once are handling this the right way because Trump can't compare notes to get their lies... I mean stories straight. All of the details are being corroborated among several key witnesses with impeccable credentials.

Reactions: Cane Attack
When I saw Fox Fake News in the link I did this.
Lol...lol
Lol...lol

Nothing in that article refuted Bill Taylor's testimony. Right wingers can't discredit him. He's a former Vietnam vet and long term state department official with NO political agenda. Please come again.

Add 50 years service to our country. Course these Trumpers will spit on any former veteran, government official if the narrative doesn't suit their agenda.

Bill Taylor laid quid pro quo out for what it was and none of these Hannity worshippers can deny it. President Trump used congressional appropriated aid to the Ukraine as leverage to get dirt on a political opponent in 2020, plain and simple. That's a grave mistake and threatens our national security, especially when ALL roads lead to Vladimire Putin.

Grb, The republican senators know damn well Trump is guilty of abuse of power among other offenses. They know the deal, but they're choosing "self-party preservation" over national security.

Treasonous behavior and history will judge each of them harshly if they rule in Trump's favor.

Reactions: cems52
Add 50 years service to our country. Course these Trumpers will spit on any former veteran, government official if the narrative doesn't suit their agenda.

Bill Taylor laid quid pro quo out for what it was and none of these Hannity worshippers can deny it. President Trump used congressional appropriated aid to the Ukraine as leverage to get dirt on a political opponent in 2020, plain and simple. That's a grave mistake and threatens our national security, especially when ALL roads lead to Vladimire Putin.
You notice that all illegal roads lead back to Putin as well. Isn't that a coincidence?

You notice that all illegal roads lead back to Putin as well. Isn't that a coincidence?

Yep. Ukraine, Syria, election meddling, golden showers, you name it, at the end of each category you'll find Putin as the connecting dot.

I am now convinced all of these right wing nutjobs are Russian assets.

Reactions: Hermbike
Correction: Sally Yates worked in DOJ not the State Department. Another incorrect statement by you that required me to fix. School will resume again when you post more dumb shzt.

I never said where she worked, I said another never voted on subordinate bureaucrat who thinks they make policy. Thanks for making my point this President has encountered them in all branches. You are correct for once. Comprehension has never been your strong point. Try reading aloud or slower if that’s possible.

I never said where she worked, I said another never voted on subordinate bureaucrat who thinks they make policy. Thanks for making my point this President has encountered them in all branches. You are correct for once. Comprehension has never been your strong point. Try reading aloud or slower if that’s possible.

Wrong....wrong....and more wrong shzt. What the hell did Sally Yates start?

Wrong....wrong....and more wrong shzt. What the hell did Sally Yates start?

Got her ass fired for insubordination another Obama hold over that thought she didn’t have to listen to the boss. She made it ten days before axe fell. As CD would say she found out how Trump gives it up. After leaving Government declined to run for ELECTED office.

Got her ass fired for insubordination another Obama hold over that thought she didn’t have to listen to the boss. She made it ten days before axe fell. As CD would say she found out how Trump gives it up. After leaving Government declined to run for ELECTED office.

You didn't answer my question. I'll help you. She exposed Mike Flynn's treasonous acts. Like what the House is about to do to that lying POS in WH.

tumblr_pdv9fuGhqT1s03tuqo1_400.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT