ADVERTISEMENT

California HUGE Budget Surplus

I am still not sure the program will allow me to dissect and thoughtfully analyze your crafty posts. Is there an advanced version I could order?
Lets see.....

giphy.gif

It cracks me up so much reading consertives of all people climb a high horse and talk about Californians debt. Do a little research. Find out who has more states fiscally fit. Red or blue and then please go away. The red states are in horrible shape by comparison.
Provide the numbers, then “please go away” yourself. Amazing how you get to talk to people! Then turn people in for talking down to you. Classic CD double standard

Last edited:
Reactions: dolcane
You mean like what W did when Bill left him a surplus?
Bill also left him bin Laden who Clinton wouldn’t bomb because he was afraid of backlash from getting blowjobs in Oval Office. Again trying to sound smart is making it worse for you! Or like others here in sure you wanted 3300k to die in vain

It cracks me up so much reading consertives of all people climb a high horse and talk about Californians debt. Do a little research. Find out who has more states fiscally fit. Red or blue and then please go away. The red states are in horrible shape by comparison.
Stealing a higher percentage of income from the productive portion of a state’s population is not something to brag about.

Provide the numbers, then “please go away” yourself. Amazing how you get to talk to people! Then turn people in for talking down to you. Classic CD double standard
Here are the numbers. Notice how in both charts a large majority of the states run by blue governors rank in the bottom half in fiscal stability even though only about a third of this country is run by democratic governors. But I warn you, dont look at the top 15 because all you will see is bright red, red, red leadership.......and more red, red, red.....its blinding I tell you.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Last edited:
Reactions: PalmaBoy
Bill also left him bin Laden who Clinton wouldn’t bomb because he was afraid of backlash from getting blowjobs in Oval Office. Again trying to sound smart is making it worse for you! Or like others here in sure you wanted 3300k to die in vain
Changing the subject again? Again Bill left W a surplus and as usual right wingers squandered it. Right?

Here are the numbers. Notice how in both charts a large majority of the blue states rank in the bottom half in fiscal stability even though only about a third of this country is run by democratic governors. But I warn you, dont look at the top 15 because all you will see is bright red, red, red.......and more red, red, red.....its blinding I tell you.

Nope...nice try.

Here ya go...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/opinion/campaign-stops/the-path-to-prosperity-is-blue.html

You guys/gals continue to follow the surrogates lead as if you don’t have a mind of your own. If you do just a little bit of research you will find there are just 8 states where the Dems have control of the governorship and both the upper and lower chambers in there assembly. They are CA, CT, DE, HI, NJ, OR, RI, and WA. By contrast the Repubs have total control of 25 states. They are AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, NE, NH, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WV, WI, and WY.

Now if you look at these states for clarity you find 5 of the 8 dem states in the top ten highest tax list, with 4 of the 8 being in the top ten in debt. By contrast the Repubs have no states that are in the top ten in taxes but but have 2 in the top ten in debt.

The most interesting thing in this research was just how few states are in the full control of the Dems.

You guys/gals continue to follow the surrogates lead as if you don’t have a mind of your own. If you do just a little bit of research you will find there are just 8 states where the Dems have control of the governorship and both the upper and lower chambers in there assembly. They are CA, CT, DE, HI, NJ, OR, RI, and WA. By contrast the Repubs have total control of 25 states. They are AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, NE, NH, ND, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WV, WI, and WY.

Now if you look at these states for clarity you find 5 of the 8 dem states in the top ten highest tax list, with 4 of the 8 being in the top ten in debt. By contrast the Repubs have no states that are in the top ten in taxes but but have 2 in the top ten in debt.

The most interesting thing in this research was just how few states are in the full control of the Dems.
Easy to determine what is a red state and a blue state. Your problem is you can't just go by elected officials for that. That's like me saying the country is Red because the president and both chambers of congress are republican. I'm from Connecticut for example. It will be blue and has been blue but they don't always have a democratic governor. It's the people that designate what a state is over time of consistently voting way more than other a political party.

Moreover, what I look at is how much that state relies on the federal government when evaluating how fiscally solvent they are. It's a very easy metric. You know part of the platform republicans use to promote their party is less reliant on government. These people rely more on the government than anyone. You can see when their officials run either a state or the entire country this is a fact. They borrow more money than anyone and waste more money than anyone. Spend more good money after bad than anyone.

I guess the easy argument would be to ask which president created the most debt in history but I’ll let that go for a minute.

I used the states which are fully controlled as they can approve the budget of choice as opposed to a compromise. This gives you a better idea of if the philosophy works and based on the numbers, the Dems cane up short.

There’s explanations for it, such as the Dems tend to provide more social benefits, but it also requires higher taxes.

Easy to determine what is a red state and a blue state. Your problem is you can't just go by elected officials for that. That's like me saying the country is Red because the president and both chambers of congress are republican. I'm from Connecticut for example. It will be blue and has been blue but they don't always have a democratic governor. It's the people that designate what a state is over time of consistently voting way more than other a political party.

Moreover, what I look at is how much that state relies on the federal government when evaluating how fiscally solvent they are. It's a very easy metric. You know part of the platform republicans use to promote their party is less reliant on government. These people rely more on the government than anyone. You can see when their officials run either a state or the entire country this is a fact. They borrow more money than anyone and waste more money than anyone. Spend more good money after bad than anyone.

I guess the easy argument would be to ask which president created the most debt in history but I’ll let that go for a minute.

I used the states which are fully controlled as they can approve the budget of choice as opposed to a compromise. This gives you a better idea of if the philosophy works and based on the numbers, the Dems cane up short.

There’s explanations for it, such as the Dems tend to provide more social benefits, but it also requires higher taxes.
I just showed you that is simply a false narrative of the republican party. The red states are much more reliant on government handouts, social services, or social benefits. The proof is there and it is as easy as 1,2,3. Moreover, republicans run up more debt than democrats in the presidency. FACT! Democrats tax because it is the fiscally responsible thing to do to pay for the enormous debt republicans unnecessarily run up.

Your argument rings hollow CD as when you look at the top ten states with the highest debt, Dems are there.

Are you suggesting it’s because they don’t take government aide?

I just showed you that is simply a false narrative of the republican party. The red states are much more reliant on government handouts, social services, or social benefits. The proof is there and it is as easy as 1,2,3. Moreover, republicans run up more debt than democrats in the presidency. FACT! Democrats tax because it is the fiscally responsible thing to do to pay for the enormous debt republicans unnecessarily run up.

Really dude? Really? Did you not ask us to do the research which you said would show that states under blue leadership are more fiscally sound than states under red leadership? Since you attached this piece from the NYT I have an honest question for you.......do you know what fiscal means?......if not there is no shame in that.....but at least spend the time researching what it means. If you do know what it means then obviously your post is a sign of petulance when I responded to your request because I gave you fiscal rankings from well respected sources with the metrics used.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about anybody else, but I’m learning a lot from these threads. I’m truly shocked how mindless our society has become.

I can't speak for all states but I live out here in overwhelmingly right wing Utah, and while I don't care for all of their policies, they seem to have a surplus every year.

I can't speak for all states but I live out here in overwhelmingly right wing Utah, and while I don't care for all of their policies, they seem to have a surplus every year.
Yes. I know. Not all right wing states....but most. A lot of them. Especially in the south. Those are the poorest states.

Really dude? Really? Did you not ask us to do the research which you said would show that states under blue leadership are more fiscally sound than states under red leadership? Since you attached this piece from the NYT I have an honest question for you.......do you know what fiscal means?......if not there is no shame in that.....but at least spend the time researching what it means. If you do know what it means then obviously your post is a sign of petulance when I responded to your request because I gave you fiscal rankings from well respected sources with the metrics used.
I stated the states that are states that are doing the best are the blue states. The best? What does that mean? Less reliant on the government. The facts are what I posted to back up my comment. Fiscally sound? To me if you are fiscally sound, the people of the state don't need to rely on government hand outs. To me fiscally sound the people of the state are thriving financially. Not reliant of handouts, and they are educated....can find work and thrive.

Last edited:
Your argument rings hollow CD as when you look at the top ten states with the highest debt, Dems are there.

Are you suggesting it’s because they don’t take government aide?
Wait...before I respond to this let me ask the obvious simple question. So, you are in fact saying Debt is bad right?...and you better think carefully before you answer because you are supporting a president that can't get a loan in the country and filed for bankruptcy 6 times. The explanations his supporters gave me was that was good business....so let me just check.

12 out of the 18 are what you’d consider dem states. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt CD naming only those states run completely by Dems, but given your definition, I’d say it really doesn’t look good. Of course it’s only a George Mason so it could be wrong.

Here are the numbers. Notice how in both charts a large majority of the blue states rank in the bottom half in fiscal stability even though only about a third of this country is run by democratic governors. But I warn you, dont look at the top 15 because all you will see is bright red, red, red.......and more red, red, red.....its blinding I tell you.

Ouch!! So are you saying these liberals here have been dishonest and not telling the truth? Shocker!! One in the pink, two in the stink! Lmfao

One lesson at a time CD. First, let’s acknowledge that democratic states are generally doing worse fiscally then republican states. Then we can discuss our opinions on Mr. Trumps business dealings

Wait...before I respond to this let me ask the obvious simple question. So, you are in fact saying Debt is bad right?...and you better think carefully before you answer because you are supporting a president that can't get a loan in the country and filed for bankruptcy 6 times. The explanations his supporters gave me was that was good business....so let me just check.

12 out of the 18 are what you’d consider dem states. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt CD naming only those states run completely by Dems, but given your definition, I’d say it really doesn’t look good. Of course it’s only a George Mason so it could be wrong.

The problem is as I said. The people of those states rely on government assistance more than the blue states as my illustration suggest. It's like this. If your states citizens rely on government assistance the finances of the state should be better right? They aren't investing in their people and allowing people to live off the government tit. To me that is fiscal responsibility.

If I have 3 kids and never used my own money to support them and just relied on everyone elses money I would be in pretty good financial shape right?

One lesson at a time CD. First, let’s acknowledge that democratic states are generally doing worse fiscally then republican states. Then we can discuss our opinions on Mr. Trumps business dealings
Just please answer the question so we can proceed.

So whose definition should we trust here? George Mason University or CDwrights?

The problem is as I said. The people of those states rely on government assistance more than the blue states as my illustration suggest. It's like this. If your states citizens rely on government assistance the financial of the state should be better right? They aren't investing in their people and allowing people to live off the government tit. To me that is fiscal responsibility.

If I have 3 kids and never used my own money to support them and just relied on everyone elses money I would be in pretty good financial shape right?

But you see CD, i don’t need to discuss Donald Trumps business practices to know which states have the poorer fiscal policies.

I am asking a simple question. You aren't interested in answering so I can't proceed. It is part of the point I am making.

So whose definition should we trust here? George Mason University or CDwrights?
There are many charts and articles I posted to support my claim. Perhaps you should review those. They are not cdwrights reports.

What you guys in essence are doing is coming and jumping up and down and saying look at how rich Trump is. Well, there is a reason for that and it isn't his fiscal responsibility. It's his money and connections he inherited. His actual fiscal acumen is atrocious. Same point I am making with Red states. The narrative conservatives are pimping is bullshit. They don't create anything. They live off everyone else and turn around and admonish others for the same thing they are doing. I have and can continue to prove it but I will warn each of you. It will only get worse for you from here....lol

But you see CD, i don’t need to discuss Donald Trumps business practices to know which states have the poorer fiscal policies.
I didn't ask you to discuss Donald trump at all. I asked a question and then provided an example of why you would want to be careful before you answer it.

And yet it is you asking about Trump.

There are many charts and articles I posted to support my claim. Perhaps you should review those. They are not cdwrights reports.

What you guys in essence are doing is coming and jumping up and down and saying look at how rich Trump is. Well, there is a reason for that and it isn't his fiscal responsibility. It's his money and connections he inherited. His actual fiscal acumen is atrocious. Same point I am making with Red states. The narrative conservatives are pimping is bullshit. They don't create anything. They live off everyone else and turn around and admonish other for the same thing they are doing. I have and can continue to prove it but I will warn each of you. It will only get worse for you from here....lol

Do you trust the George Mason University study?

I didn't ask you to discuss Donald trump at all. I asked a question and then provided an example of why you would want to be careful before you answer it.

Do you trust the George Mason University study?
You don't answer my question and I politely asked you to. I told you I can't proceed because it is part of my point and then you expect me to answer your question? I don't think so. I would be happy to answer but you are not answering an easy question.

Ok, so we won’t discuss Trump in this thread.

Do you trust the study and if not why not?

Again. I didn't ask about Trump. I asked a question and asked you to be careful giving trump as an example of why.

Lol, well I guess we’re at a stand still with anyone caring to read this thread to decide if they trust/believe CDwrights theory on fiscal responsibility or that of the folks at Geaorge Mason University. Up to them.

Now start another thread on NR. Trumps business practices and we can learn some things there too.

You don't answer my question and I politely asked you to. I told you I can't proceed because it is part of my point and then you expect me to answer your question? I don't think so. I would be happy to answer but you are not answering an easy question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT