ADVERTISEMENT

California HUGE Budget Surplus

Ok, so we won’t discuss Trump in this thread.

Do you trust the study and if not why not?
Sorry, i'm done. You obviously have some kind of fear either about being proven wrong or discussing Trump or whatever. I don't really know or care.

Lol, well I guess we’re at a stand still with anyone caring to read this thread to decide if they trust/believe CDwrights theory on fiscal responsibility or that of the folks at Geaorge Mason University. Up to them.

Now start another thread on NR. Trumps business practices and we can learn some things there too.
Not my theory of fiscal responsibility. I think the entire free world would agree you are not fiscally responsible if you rely on the government to either pay off your citizens or your debt owned a parade of creditors.

I’ll gladly discuss Trump but this thread was clearly about fiscal responsibility of the states and I think I’ll rely on the George Mason study for that.

Start that other thread and I promise I’ll check into it later.

Lol.....I think you should write those folks at George Mason and explain it to them.

Not my theory of fiscal responsibility. I think the entire free world would agree you are not fiscally responsible if you rely on the government to either pay off your citizens or your debt owned a parade of creditors.

Bull Jive....and this is why I provided the example. You guys talk out of both sides of your mouth about fiscal responsibility. None of the people in charge for republicans are ever fiscally responsible. It is proven by a lot of things. Who you would elect to lead you as president, how you allow the citizens of the states you run to live off the government tit, and so on. Look at the history. Reagan is considered a great president by republicans but if you actually study what he did, i'm not impressed. He spent a lot of money and wasted a lot. He wasn't very good as a president.

Like the president we have now but 10 times worse. You cut our countries revenue and talk about isolating the country from the free world. It's greed and no consideration for the people ever. Unless you are rich.

The proof is right here. Posted in living color.

Lol....and yet your hero raised our nations deficit by more then all his predecessors combined. My my.

@cdwright some states believe that to justify more spending they must punish certain segments of their population more by increasing their tax burden. My question for you is this: if I make $1,000,000 dollars this year, how much, in dollars, should I be allowed to keep after paying federal and state income taxes?

Last edited:
@cdwright some states believe that to justify more spending they must punish certain segments of their population more by increasing their tax burden. My question for you is this: if I make $1,000,000 dollars this year, how much, in dollars, should I be allowed to keep after paying federal and state income taxes?
First of all paying your taxes is your civil duty. It's isn't a burden. Second of all instead of worrying about what Millionaires are asked to pay as part of their civic duty relative to their income, maybe you should worry about making sure it gets paid. Because when it doesn't get paid neither do our bills that are created to allow us to enjoy a capitalistic society.

The problem is as I said. The people of those states rely on government assistance more than the blue states as my illustration suggest. It's like this. If your states citizens rely on government assistance the finances of the state should be better right? They aren't investing in their people and allowing people to live off the government tit. To me that is fiscal responsibility.

If I have 3 kids and never used my own money to support them and just relied on everyone elses money I would be in pretty good financial shape right?
Spin spin spin, yesterday you said the blue states we all in much better shape than red! Did that change overnight?

First of all paying your taxes is your civil duty. It's isn't a burden. Second of all instead of worrying about what Millionaires are asked to pay as part of their civic duty relative to their income, maybe you should worry about making sure it gets paid. Because when it doesn't get paid neither do our bills that are created to allow us to enjoy a capitalistic society.
Libs can never answer this question. You always talk in general terms. Give me a number. How much of my money should I be ALLOWED to keep on $1mm in income?

Actually first of all. Paying taxes isn’t a civil duty. Second why so much passion taking from successful people and worry so much giving it to negative net people? Maybe you should worry about making more money instead of telling people what to think and say. And speaking of “capitalism” you really think taxation is capitalism? Maybe that’s the problem you don’t understand what the definition really is!

Reactions: dolcane
Sorry, i'm done. You obviously have some kind of fear either about being proven wrong or discussing Trump or whatever. I don't really know or care.
“Fear of being proven wrong” here’s the thing even when you are wrong you double down and spin and you come into every thread trying to prove people wrong or act like you are the smartest guy in the room. Either way I don’t care. Hahahaha

Just please answer the question so we can proceed.
You never answer ? CD You want me to get going on alls liberals agenda . I will if you want . Liberals lie they have no policy. All liberal inner city's are dumpsters and most are run by liberals. Here is your first very easy question CD . What is The definition of accountability ? Let's start with that then we will move along to the next one.

Reactions: PalmaBoy
Notice how the liberal CD did not answer your ? How about CD using the word Capitalistic society? What a joke he does not even have the balls to say what he believes in.

Notice how the liberal CD did not answer your ? How about CD using the word Capitalistic society? What a joke he does not even have the balls to say what he believes in.
He gave me the answer I expected him to give. Now he will dodge my follow up 2nd request for an actual dollar amount.

Libs can never answer this question. You always talk in general terms. Give me a number. How much of my money should I be ALLOWED to keep on $1mm in income?
Because your question is ridiculous on face value and in principle. That's why libs won't answer it. There is no such thing as an answer to the question because it depends on our debt as whole at the time.

You never answer ? CD You want me to get going on alls liberals agenda . I will if you want . Liberals lie they have no policy. All liberal inner city's are dumpsters and most are run by liberals. Here is your first very easy question CD . What is The definition of accountability ? Let's start with that then we will move along to the next one.
I'm liberal. I'm accountable. I pay my taxes. What do you have to say to me? I'm not afraid of you...or your BS conservative vs . Liberal bull jive. It's a farce to me because I don't define myself by those terms and if you were so concerned about accountability you wouldn't support who is office or the vast majority of republicans in office right now. This president lies more than any on record and it has been proven. So quit the liberal lie BS. People lie. That's a fact of life. No party determines who lies although it so happens we have a president who lies like he breaths. Even about things like getting basketball players freed from prison in china. He is a POS and he gets full support because he is republican so don't preach to me about accountability and lying.

Last edited:
Because your question is ridiculous on face value and in principle. That's why libs won't answer it. There is no such thing as an answer to the question because it depends on our debt as whole at the time.
CD, I’m surprised at you. You admonished someone here on this very thread for not answering YOUR question and here you refuse to answer mine. Have the courage to step out of the philosophical and into the tangible.
I ask you for the 3rd time. How much of my $1mm of income should I be allowed to keep?

Reactions: bobbie jo
CD, I’m surprised at you. You admonished someone here on this very thread for not answering YOUR question and here you refuse to answer mine. Have the courage to step out of the philosophical and into the tangible.
I ask you for the 3rd time. How much of my $1mm of income should I be allowed to keep?
I think I answered it. Pay attention. It depends on our debt. You pay your fair share like everyone else buddy. No loop holes no fraud or evasion or calling it a burden. It's an honor and you are required to submit your fair share.

I'm liberal. I'm accountable. I pay my taxes. What do you have to say to me. I'm not afraid of you...or your BS conservative vs . Liberal bull jive. It's a farce to me because I don't define myself by those terms and if you were so concerned about accountability you wouldn't support who is office or the vast majority of republicans in office right now. This president lies more than any on record and it has been proven. So quit the liberal lie BS. People lie. That's a fact of life. No party determines who lies although it so happens we have a president who lies like he breaths. Even about things like getting basketball players freed from prison in china. He is a POS and he gets full support because he is republican so don't preach to me about accountability and lying.
You did not answer the question great liberal CD and you want because it will show your full of BS. It is such a easy question even for a liberal like you. Let's start all over and do not get mad. Have some balls and say what you really believe in. Question number one . What is the definition of accountability? Most liberals know the answer but will not answer because it exposes what they believe in.

I think I answered it. Pay attention. It depends on our debt. You pay your fair share like everyone else buddy. No loop holes no fraud or evasion or calling it a burden. It's an honor and you are required to submit your fair share.
No balls CD he cant and will not Because it will show what they are.

You did not answer the question great liberal CD and you want because it will show your full of BS. It is such a easy question even for a liberal like you. Let's start all over and do not get mad. Have some balls and say what you really believe in. Question number one . What is the definition of accountability? Most liberals know the answer but will not answer because it exposes what they believe in.
Accountability is paying your taxes as it is your civic duty. It allows you to enjoy a capitalistic society. Making us truly free to make as much as we need or want to make. Live where and how we want to live.

No. You did not answer it. Use our current situation and current debt levels. How much should I get to keep CD? Why are you so afraid to give me a real number?

PAY YOUR BILLS SIR!!!! DON'T RUN UP A LIST OF UNPAID CREDITORS AND TELL THEM F'K OFF...INCLUDING UNCLE SAM.

No. You did not answer it. Use our current situation and current debt levels. How much should I get to keep CD? Why are you so afraid to give me a real number?
You pay what the law requires. You don't need me to answer it. You your fair share. That was my answer. Not a trick answer.

Conservatives spend their entire lives taking. Take take take. Greed Greed Greed. Anything to avoid paying their fair share that allows them to make money. It's not patriotic....or American. However, I can explain to you what it is!!!

It is 1776 Great Britain is what it is and it is the reason we are now the USA. Because what Great Britain wanted to so was just tax the money without providing things such as representation right? Republicans want their roads paid for, their food and water clean and unpoisoned, a good education for everyone, transportation through the air, a defense, a fire department but they want it all for free. They don't look at it is anything but a burden when asked to contribute. They just want to take take take from it and the kicker is if some poor person wants a hand up they are the first ones to call them takers.

You pay what the law requires. You don't need me to answer it. You your fair share. That was my answer. Not a trick answer.
I do pay my bills and I pay my taxes. I’m not trying to change your opinion. I’m just trying to understand what it is.
How much...do YOU...think I should pay in taxes on $1mm of income? Give me a dollar amount. $300,000?
$400,000? $900,000? How much? What is YOUR opinion?

I stated the states that are states that are doing the best are the blue states. The best? What does that mean? Less reliant on the government. The facts are what I posted to back up my comment. Fiscally sound? To me if you are fiscally sound, the people of the state don't need to rely on government hand outs. To me fiscally sound the people of the state are thriving financially. Not reliant of handouts, and they are educated....can find work and thrive.
Look, at the expense of being cuck-free (Before you numbskulls jump in I said cuck free with a "u")......I will say in fairness it is much harder to maintain fiscal stability in states with large metro areas than states with rural areas. Its one of the reasons why I like our governor (Fla.). Also, spending on social programs will affect the balance sheet. Most of the Dem governors doing well do not have the large populated metro areas. I also have no clue how the conservative governors in middle America would fare in the heavier populated states. My previous response to you was about how you felt that states run by blue are a lot more fiscally sound than red states which by definition is just not true.

Putting the above aside, the topic of this thread was how the OP was claiming Cali was rocking it under Brown which was a statement obviously made without being informed with what is going on in Cali. Granted, Brown is much better than the Terminator which is not saying much.....but the belief in both parties is that Brown has tunnel vision which focused on getting a surplus as it relates to overdue debt so he can tout it as a victory.....but it came at the expense of not knowing what to do with the trillion dollar long term debt which has now been accumulated, while also ignoring the homeless problem which is the worst since the Great Depression. Sure, we're not bleeding hearts when it comes to the homeless.......but the one thing Dems and Conservatives have in common is that neither of us want to see homelessness get to the point where when we get our morning paper we have new guests on our lawn every morning which is happening in Cali right now. Lets see what happens now because the major cities in Cali have petitioned and are begging Brown to send that surplus their way to help with what has become a disaster in the streets and word is he wants to save the funds for a rainy day because Brown sees a recession coming. As I said before, Cali is not exactly rocking it as the op suggested.

Last edited:
I do pay my bills and I pay my taxes. I’m not trying to change your opinion. I’m just trying to understand what it is.
How much...do YOU...think I should pay in taxes on $1mm of income? Give me a dollar amount. $300,000?
I already told you, you should pay by the tax code. The law. The law should have what you should pay based on our debt. We must keep a capitalistic society our way of life for future generations. Not paying isn't the answer.

Conservatives spend their entire lives taking. Take take take. Greed Greed Greed. Anything to avoid paying their fair share that allows them to make money. It's not patriotic....or American. However, I can explain to you what it is!!!

It is 1776 Great Britain is what it is and it is the reason we are now the USA. Because what Great Britain wanted to so was just tax the money without providing things such as representation right? Republicans want their roads paid for, their food and water clean and unpoisoned, a good education for everyone, transportation through the air, a defense, a fire department but they want it all for free. They don't look at it is anything but a burden when asked to contribute. They just want to take take take from it and the kicker is if some poor person wants a hand up they are the first ones to call them takers.[/ No CD Conservatives believe in being accountable. Conservatives believe in statehood not federalism. Conservatives believe right is right and wrong is wrong, Conservatives would die fighting for your rights liberals would never fight for conservatives rights . I could keep going all day but all liberals can do is lie and not hold there party accountable and never talk policy because they have none.

I already told you, you should pay by the tax code. The law. The law should have what you should pay based on our debt. We must keep a capitalistic society our way of life for future generations. Not paying isn't the answer.
CD why are you so afraid to state your opinion in a numerical format?

CD why are you so afraid to state your opinion in a numerical format?

Honestly because I don't need to. I don't know what the state and federal government needs to take vs your financial profile. I am not in a position to say what people should be paying in a numerical format. Perhaps you should just get straight to your point because based on the info I have I provided what I can.

"Ask not what can your country can do for you but what can you do for your country."

The democrat party has moved a LONG way from Kennedy.
Not really....Obama accomplished quite a bit....we are provided a great honor to live in this capitalistic society. It is often taken for granted. Freedom isn't free. People are out there making tons of sacrifices for us to make millions or even billions of dollars if we choose to make that much. None of us did this by ourselves. Maybe our family took advantage of the opportunity and passed it on their kids. Maybe someone else. A teacher. A preacher or community looked out. This idea that we were born in a log cabin somewhere we built ourselves is the republican motto. It's bullshit. We all benefited from someone elses blood sweat and tears. We should give back if it is by finances, or if it is public service or maybe pay it forward to your own kids or all of the above.

Remember, people that are successful have a great number of people that sacrificed and allowed them an opportunity to do great things in this capitalistic society.

Republicans however are a long way away from Lincoln.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT