ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Kaepernick and Trump

tcane58

SuperCane
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2015
First, let me start off by saying that I did not agree with the manner in which Kaepernick protested. I am sure he knew there would be consequences because many people saw his disrespect towards the Anthem as the same as sh*tting where you're eating. I have also maintained an impartial stance on Trump......some things I like......some I dont. But to me, Trump's bragging a couple of days ago about how owners are not hiring Kaepernick because they're afraid of Trump was egregious since this will certainly instill more fear into the owners that may have been on the fence about taking Kaepernick. Trump basically implied during his speech that Kaepernick shouldnt be hired because he does not respect the flag.

Every fan base is made up of a sizable amount of strong Trump supporters who are influenced by everything Trump says and this will weigh on owners minds. There are many owners that wouldnt take Kaeprnick regardless of what Trump thinks and I am fine with that because I am sure Kaepernick knew there would be consequences for his actions. But for a sitting President to have influence over one athlete's career is over the top to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: cems52
I had a similar reaction regarding the impact on an athlete's career or for that matter anybody's career. This is one of the biggest issues I have with Trump. He uses bullying tactics and his position of power to get what he wants no matter who it hurts.

I had a similar reaction regarding the impact on an athlete's career or for that matter anybody's career. This is one of the biggest issues I have with Trump. He uses bullying tactics and his position of power to get what he wants no matter who it hurts.
When I first heard about this I didnt think it was a big deal until I saw that Trump told his supporters that he brought it up because he knows how Kentuckians love to honor the flag. That right there may have been the death knell for Kaepernick because there were some teams interested....not many....but some.

This Kapernick issue has me torn, I respect his decision however I jut don't think the proper conversation came out of it. Everyone focused more on the interpretation he was disrespecting the military or the flag when his actual motivations were to get conversations going about race in the country.

Reactions: dlmcane and tcane58
This Kapernick issue has me torn, I respect his decision however I jut don't think the proper conversation came out of it. Everyone focused more on the interpretation he was disrespecting the military or the flag when his actual motivations were to get conversations going about race in the country.
Great post!! Where has this been.....fair and balanced? This is what I've been trying to convey to you. Talk not build barriors.

Cems all due respect I appreciate what you been trying to convey however for all you know I'm half Asian half black, I could be Swahili! Just because I'm conservative doesn't dictate my being.
What does your race have to do with the points I've raised? The points I've raised apply to any race or nationality. We need to talk as opposed to your position of killing Muslims.

What does your race have to do with the points I've raised? The points I've raised apply to any race or nationality. We need to talk as opposed to your position of killing Muslims.
You talk about race nonstop, you make race the deciding factor in 99% of your posts. Not a smart move protecting Muslims today Cems! They are at war with the Judeo Christian world and your trying to ignore the facts!!

Colin protested and that is as American as apple pie. I have no problem with any protest. Even the ones I don't agree with. Tea Party or any of them. That's what makes this the greatest country in the world. Respect is earned.

Too many people in this country complain about people that want things handed to them, when they do the same exact thing. They want respect handed to them. Not everyone respects the flag....but the flag represents even those who don't respect it. That's the beauty of it.

Colin gave his own money to a program Trump is trying to get rid of. Meals on wheels. He is a good person. He isn't sitting there saying the program doesn't work. I respect that.

Zona, this is a great post and I hope we can all discuss the issues without name calling because unlike many others you follow the news religiously.

I agree with you about the manner of the protest. For instance,
Kaepernick could have taken a similar page out of the professional women’s basketball team that would not answer questions unless it was about the issue they were pushing. That is a lot different than being disrespectful to the flag when the issue was about police officers and many in this country supported the victims of the bad shootings. To compound the situation Kaepernick told the world that he felt Castro was a good man who takes care of his people. These reasons alone had me hoping he doesn’t get another job……..but for Trump to do what he did just seemed like an unfair fight. If you’re in politics you sign up for the abuse and are fair game to name calling. For me, sports is that little window of time that allows us to get away from politics and root for our team and enjoy the event.

Colin protested and that is as American as apple pie. I have no problem with any protest. Even the ones I don't agree with. Tea Party or any of them. That's what makes this the greatest country in the world. Respect is earned.

Too many people in this country complain about people that want things handed to them, when they do the same exact thing. They want respect handed to them. Not everyone respects the flag....but the flag represents even those who don't respect it. That's the beauty of it.

Colin gave his own money to a program Trump is trying to get rid of. Meals on wheels. He is a good person. He isn't sitting there saying the program doesn't work. I respect that.
I'll skip all of your usually opinion because it has zero meaning and your opinions are based of a warped reality. However "meals on wheels" program isn't being slashed you feel for another lie. I posted an article which proved this a lie!! Get your facts straight and tell the truth

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-schmich-meals-on-wheels-20170317-column.html

Zona, this is a great post and I hope we can all discuss the issues without name calling because unlike many others you follow the news religiously.

I agree with you about the manner of the protest. For instance,
Kaepernick could have taken a similar page out of the professional women’s basketball team that would not answer questions unless it was about the issue they were pushing. That is a lot different than being disrespectful to the flag when the issue was about police officers and many in this country supported the victims of the bad shootings. To compound the situation Kaepernick told the world that he felt Castro was a good man who takes care of his people. These reasons alone had me hoping he doesn’t get another job……..but for Trump to do what he did just seemed like an unfair fight. If you’re in politics you sign up for the abuse and are fair game to name calling. For me, sports is that little window of time that allows us to get away from politics and root for our team and enjoy the event.
Well thank you I try to stay updated. Kapernick the person wasn't the person who I'd like to make issues tabled. He's not an model for high standards in my opinion. The Castro comments are a perfect example! Great point T Cane

I can never disrespect someone who has convictions and is willing to give up his livelihood to stand by them if it doesnt result in violence. However, for me, whatever message
Kaepernick was trying to send was lost the moment he was adamant about how Castro was a good leader and treats his people with dignity. It showed me that Kaepernick had no clue about what he was doing.

I can never disrespect someone who has convictions and is willing to give up his livelihood to stand by them if it doesnt result in violence. However, for me, whatever message
Kaepernick was trying to send was lost the moment he was adamant about how Castro was a good leader and treats his people with dignity. It showed me that Kaepernick had no clue about what he was doing.

Not only that the guy may never play again and it's not like he's going to be broke!! He had leverage due to the $$$ he's made! It's not like us taking a stand and losing our regular pay checks

Not only that the guy may never play again and it's not like he's going to be broke!! He had leverage due to the $$$ he's made! It's not like us taking a stand and losing our regular pay checks
But Zona, this is the first time I actually felt sorry for Kaepernick
because a sitting President bragged about the current situation with Kaepernick. Trump should have never been involved and let the chips fall where they may. Lets be realistic, Kaepernick is not some huge influential figure that needed to be reigned in. He was already suffering enough and didnt need dirt to be kicked on his grave which is why I felt what Trump did was a cheap shot. Because Trump is president It was like a senior in high school picking on a junior high kid. All the other stuff about Russia, etc., I am going to wait to see how it plays out and I will not succumb to knee jerk reactions until there is finality.

I'll skip all of your usually opinion because it has zero meaning and your opinions are based of a warped reality. However "meals on wheels" program isn't being slashed you feel for another lie. I posted an article which proved this a lie!! Get your facts straight and tell the truth

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-schmich-meals-on-wheels-20170317-column.html
Your reading comprehension is simply atrocious. I said he was "trying" to get rid of it. I didn't say it was slashed.

Your reading comprehension is simply atrocious. I said he was "trying" to get rid of it. I didn't say it was slashed.
Like I said I try and it even read what you wrote, your lies are a waste of my time. And again you lied regardless with the "trying" there was no truth to that. As the article states it's a lie!! You repeat lies over and over.

But Zona, this is the first time I actually felt sorry for Kaepernick
because a sitting President bragged about the current situation with Kaepernick. Trump should have never been involved and let the chips fall where they may. Lets be realistic, Kaepernick is not some huge influential figure that needed to be reigned in. He was already suffering enough and didnt need dirt to be kicked on his grave which is why I felt what Trump did was a cheap shot. Because Trump is president It was like a senior in high school picking on a junior high kid. All the other stuff about Russia, etc., I am going to wait to see how it plays out and I will not succumb to knee jerk reactions until there is finality.
That's Trumps nature, it's like the story of the scorpion at the side is the lake.

Well I'll be damned, Clayton Bisby had a moment of consciousness. Lol. I should frame this post, don't know when we'll see anything remotely in sync with reality again from your confused azz. Agent Orange is one the most disgusting, despicable pieces of human feces on this earth. Trump and NFL owners are demonstrating exactly how white supremacy, racism, and white nationalism work. This is exactly how the economic power is control, if you (white people) don't approve of a black man's protest then we'll ban together and make sure he's white balled from our economic system. Let's not get it twisted, only white's and their few negro puppets who are on the payroll disagree with Colin's protest because his protest was against racism and white supremacy. So naturally racist/white supremacist disagree with his protest. The b.s. flag argument is simply a strawman argument to deflect the real fckn issue Colin was protesting. Once again, these white racist know that. They had to keep the flag issue in it to legitimize their hate. Their hate is really based on racism and anyone who protests white supremacy. Colin explained very eloquently and intelligently that his stance had nothing to do with the flag, and even had veterans supporting his protest. Yet what do the racist do? In true white supremacist fashion they ignore all logic, reason, or fact and continue the false narrative to mask their racist hate. None of you cowards fool any black person with that b.s. flag narrative. You're not that fckn stupid nor do we believe you lack comprehension of his explanation. It's pretty laughable that you idiots can't see you voted a fck psycho who's running shyt like a dictator as your Prez. I'm so lookin forward the fck over this insane mf will give this country, this shyt is a time bomb right now. Anyway, much love to Colin. He's a true Hero and a man who's walking the walk, not just sitting around talking dumb shyt on social media.

Last edited:
Colin was pretty clear. The way African Americans are treated in "some" of our law enforcement agencies in this country is unacceptable. He was simply bringing awareness to a problem we have in this country. It wasn't meant to attack law enforcement overall.

If you have some that don't do a good job and get away with that, it takes courage to protest against that.

Well I'll be damned, Clayton Bisby had a moment of consciousness. Lol. I should frame this post, don't know when we'll see anything remotely in sync with reality again from your confused azz. Agent Orange is one the most disgusting, despicable pieces of human feces on this earth. Trump and NFL owners are demonstrating exactly how white supremacy, racism, and white nationalism work. This is exactly how the economic power is control, if you (white people) don't approve of a black man's protest then we'll ban together and make sure he's white balled from our economic system. Let's not get it twisted, only white's and their few negro puppets who are on the payroll disagree with Colin's protest because his protest was against racism and white supremacy. So naturally racist/white supremacist disagree with his protest. The b.s. flag argument is simply a strawman argument to deflect the real fckn issue Colin was protesting. Once again, these white racist know that. They had to keep the flag issue in it to legitimize their hate. Their hate is really based on racism and anyone who protests white supremacy. Colin explained very eloquently and intelligently that his stance had nothing to do with the flag, and even had veterans supporting his protest. Yet what do the racist do? In true white supremacist fashion they ignore all logic, reason, or fact and continue the false narrative to mask their racist hate. None of you cowards fool any black person with that b.s. flag narrative. You're not that fckn stupid nor do we believe you lack comprehension of his explanation. It's pretty laughable that you idiots can't see you voted a fck psycho who's running shyt like a dictator as your Prez. I'm so lookin forward the fck over this insane mf will give this country, this shyt is a time bomb right now. Anyway, much love to Colin. He's a true Hero and a man who's walking the walk, not just sitting around talking dumb shyt on social media.
Colin achieved roughly 1% of his goal, the honest and novel intent was there however people talked more about him than the issue he tried to bring to the forefront. He had legit real reason and it got lost. And the rest of your rants is more imaginary whitey keeping him down. Pro teams don't like what they perceive as trouble game is hard enough as it is. Plus Colin wasn't that good!

You talk about race nonstop, you make race the deciding factor in 99% of your posts. Not a smart move protecting Muslims today Cems! They are at war with the Judeo Christian world and your trying to ignore the facts!!
Your entire existence is about eliminating over a billion people. You wake up fearing a Muslim might move next door to you. By virtue of the many threads you have created you clearly are obsessed with Muslims. Stop with this nonsense that I'm the one obsessed.

Colin was pretty clear. The way African Americans are treated in "some" of our law enforcement agencies in this country is unacceptable. He was simply bringing awareness to a problem we have in this country. It wasn't meant to attack law enforcement overall.

If you have some that don't do a good job and get away with that, it takes courage to protest against that.

CD, all of them know damn well his protest had nothing to do with the flag. It's just as I said, the flag narrative is just a smoke screen. This is a text book lesson as to how white supremacy works and how it's used economically. This sends a message other black athletes to stfu or else. This has happened throughout history, not the 1st time

Reactions: cems52
Your entire existence is about eliminating over a billion people. You wake up fearing a Muslim might move next door to you. By virtue of the many threads you have created you clearly are obsessed with Muslims. Stop with this nonsense that I'm the one obsessed.
Your correct when over 80% of Muslims want Christians dead in playing it safe and running them out. And yes you do inject race into everything. E Cush told you this the other day! It's your lame excuse to dodge an argument.

Colin achieved roughly 1% of his goal, the honest and novel intent was there however people talked more about him than the issue he tried to bring to the forefront. He had legit real reason and it got lost. And the rest of your rants is more imaginary whitey keeping him down. Pro teams don't like what they perceive as trouble game is hard enough as it is. Plus Colin wasn't that good!

Who are "people"? What "people" talked about him vs the issue? Tell me that and how why didn't the issue get focused on, please explain that...All the black people I know spoke about the exact issue Colin was protesting, so what people are you referring to?

CD, all of them know damn well his protest had nothing to do with the flag. It's just as I said, the flag narrative is just a smoke screen. This is a text book lesson as to how white supremacy works and how it's used economically. This sends a message other black athletes to stfu or else. This has happened throughout history, not the 1st time
So the other guys who took a knee are playing? They getting paid! Or was it the fact that Kapernick just sucked! And your being mad at white peoples for owning business and teams ain't helping you!! It hurting you!! All your Malcolm X shit needs to go back to Africa you don't like whites this much

Who are "people"? What "people" talked about him? Tell me that and how why didn't the issue get focused on, please explain that...All the black people I know spoke about the exact issue Colin was protesting, so what people are you referring to?

Colin sure as hell didn't make it about himself, so who made it about Colin? Who created that narrative?

Who are "people"? What "people" talked about him vs the issue? Tell me that and how why didn't the issue get focused on, please explain that...All the black people I know spoke about the exact issue Colin was protesting, so what people are you referring to?
So it's just for blacks? You that guy? Again get on that GPS get your ass rowing back!! And nowhere close to 15% I know talked about it!! They all talked about the bravery yet didn't know why he was being brave! He never got the true forum to explain. Except when he dropped the dumb ass line about how great Fidel Castro was. Fidel killed and starved his own people!

Colin sure as hell didn't make it about himself, so who made it about Colin? Who created that narrative?
He made it about himself in the wrong way!! He became selfish he could have made his intentions better known! He got cameras in his face, was on him to tell his story and he tried to play hard and didn't get message out!

So the other guys who took a knee are playing? They getting paid! Or was it the fact that Kapernick just sucked! And your being mad at white peoples for owning business and teams ain't helping you!! It hurting you!! All your Malcolm X shit needs to go back to Africa you don't like whites this much

Suck a gorillas dck f*ggot. I got 2 businesses and own a commercial plaza, I'm cool financially b*tch boy. And of course they're not going to cut everybody, that shyt becomes too fckn obvious then. However, had the white media place a spotlight on anyone else as they did Colin, they'd be gone too. You're about as simple as a fckn nursery rhyme when it comes to understanding social dynamics. smdh

So it's just for blacks? You that guy? Again get on that GPS get your ass rowing back!! And nowhere close to 15% I know talked about it!! They all talked about the bravery yet didn't know why he was being brave! He never got the true forum to explain. Except when he dropped the dumb ass line about how great Fidel Castro was. Fidel killed and starved his own people!

He explained several times very well, you're are just too fckn stupid to understand what he explained as you're demonstrating now.

You pretty much nailed it. These incidents of some of these enforcement agencies are just unacceptable...and they are getting away scott free with murder. I say good for Colin.

This is the thing in todays society. Not enough people with the balls to stand up for whats right so they can be popular. I was never one that felt the need to be accepted by everyone so I have big respect for Colin.

Suck a gorillas dck ******. I got 2 business and own a commercial plaza, I'm cool financially b*tch boy. And of course they're not going to cut everybody, that shyt becomes too fckn obvious then. However, had the white media place a spotlight on anyone else as they did Colin, they'd be gone too. You're about as simple as a fckn nursery rhyme when it comes to understanding social dynamics. smdh
Na na, Colin ain't that good to be pulling the bullshit he did and not tel people why. Like all punks you blame "whitey" lmfao I bet you say "yessem sir I be paying dat rent on time sir" because I know you didn't get that doenfrom a brother! Bro the only social dynamic you know is "**** whitey" you got no depth!! Your short on substance. Pull your drawers up

He made it about himself in the wrong way!! He became selfish he could have made his intentions better known! He got cameras in his face, was on him to tell his story and he tried to play hard and didn't get message out!

You said absolutely nothing here other than some pulled out of azz, hybrid negro rhetoric as you usually do

Your correct when over 80% of Muslims want Christians dead in playing it safe and running them out. And yes you do inject race into everything. E Cush told you this the other day! It's your lame excuse to dodge an argument.
Unlike you, I don't allow others to dictate what I post. Your entire existence is about race. Look at all the stupid threads you have started.

Curious as to what your opinion is about Kaepernick's opinion that Castro was a good leader and good for the Cuban people, as well as wearing a shirt to a press conference which depicted Castro? Do you think Cubans have a right to be pissed off or would that be a straw man's argument?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT