ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Kaepernick and Trump

Show me some laws where Castro stated that certain Cubans were 3/5 of a human, show me some sales records where he sold other humans, his government laws were he says certain citizens have no right, can't live or work in a particular area, etc. Show all this documentation you have on Castro's Cuba similar to what I can show you about the black experience here in Amerikkka or stfu

FOH, you can find all the articles you want stating the contrary about black oppression. However, the facts of what I'm speaking about are noted in history books worlds wide, it's historically documented in government and state records, laws, court cases, etc. and well documented on literally hundreds videos you clown mf. Now show all that as it concerns Castro and cuba. Show me some detailed video footage, some paperwork, documentation of any kind, laws etc. that you have that confirms all those who believe differently are wrong. Don't come with your frivolous bullshyt points, which is what they, as if they are fact when you have no proof of any of it. So fckn what you know a lot of Cubans, your shyt still amounts to heresay from one particular group of whom many were part of the oppressive elite in Cuba who perpetrated the culture of racism and oppression of Black Cubans which you conveniently disregard and skip over in all your comments. Yes, I lived in Miami where I experienced Cuban racism when I was kid living in Hialeah in the 70's so fck you twice on that point. And trust me, I don't mind if you use the word fck. Doesn't bother me one bit, buddy but that bullshyt you're speaking about before and after it is just that, a crock of shyt!
Idiot there's as many books and articles regarding Cuban oppression as their are slavery!! Just because the Cubans have had horrific treatment it doesn't make it any worse than any other group that was oppressed. And "heresay" you know what I'll say it, your a ****ing idiot!! Plain ignorant and stupid! You act like blacks only group horrible shit has happened too. **** you and your dumb Malcolm X bullshit!

Show me some laws where Castro stated that certain Cubans were 3/5 of a human, show me some sales records where he sold other humans, his government laws were he says certain citizens have no right, can't live or work in a particular area, etc. Show all this documentation you have on Castro's Cuba similar to what I can show you about the black experience here in Amerikkka or stfu
Castro don't have to write laws he was a dictator he made shit up as he went. Your a dumbass, your victim game is old. Everyone knows slavery was one of the worst tragedies in history you act like your dumb ass is letting us know something. And again you think one horrific event can be equated to another?? So Cubans who lost everything had family members killed their misery and heartache is less?? And your talking like slavery ended last week!! Shit was hundreds of years ago!!

Oh yeah, that hurt my feelings. Feel better fella?
I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. And I honestly doubt you would have been hurt by that. I am sure it isn't the first time you have heard it. How a trump and kaepernick thread got this stupid is beyond believe. Kaepernick made the mistake by not standing for the national anthem. He can claim what ever reason he wants. The bottom line is he did it in the wrong place. There are over 30 military basis in California. You know what that means. There is a lot of retired military around SF I grew up there. The Military is a big part of that community. You claim everyone is a raciest if they don't see it your way. You are no better than the people you complain about on here. And as for Oscar I haven't seen him post anything Racist on here. I don't agree with some of his points but he hasn't been racist. Next you will call me a racist which is fine I careless what some dip sht thinks of me. Their has been slavery from the beginning of time. It did not start in America. And no one race has the corner on the market. It still goes on today. The world isn't and will never be perfect.

Four articles from on the ground in Cuba from an actual Cuban perspective! Not from Azar Malcolm X who "knew" a Cuban or Kapernick the unemployed under achieving QB who couldn't tell you where Cuba is on a map nevermind about its brutal dictator!

I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. And I honestly doubt you would have been hurt by that. I am sure it isn't the first time you have heard it. How a trump and kaepernick thread got this stupid is beyond believe. Kaepernick made the mistake by not standing for the national anthem. He can claim what ever reason he wants. The bottom line is he did it in the wrong place. There are over 30 military basis in California. You know what that means. There is a lot of retired military around SF I grew up there. The Military is a big part of that community. You claim everyone is a raciest if they don't see it your way. You are no better than the people you complain about on here. And as for Oscar I haven't seen him post anything Racist on here. I don't agree with some of his points but he hasn't been racist. Next you will call me a racist which is fine I careless what some dip sht thinks of me. Their has been slavery from the beginning of time. It did not start in America. And no one race has the corner on the market. It still goes on today. The world isn't and will never be perfect.
Apopka serious question, so I come across as a racist?

FOH, you can find all the articles you want stating the contrary about black oppression. However, the facts of what I'm speaking about are noted in history books worlds wide, it's historically documented in government and state records, laws, court cases, etc. and well documented on literally hundreds videos you clown mf. Now show all that as it concerns Castro and cuba. Show me some detailed video footage, some paperwork, documentation of any kind, laws etc. that you have that confirms all those who believe differently are wrong. Don't come with your frivolous bullshyt points, which is what they, as if they are fact when you have no proof of any of it. So fckn what you know a lot of Cubans, your shyt still amounts to heresay from one particular group of whom many were part of the oppressive elite in Cuba who perpetrated the culture of racism and oppression of Black Cubans which you conveniently disregard and skip over in all your comments. Yes, I lived in Miami where I experienced Cuban racism when I was kid living in Hialeah in the 70's so fck you twice on that point. And trust me, I don't mind if you use the word fck. Doesn't bother me one bit, buddy but that bullshyt you're speaking about before and after it is just that, a crock of shyt!
Yeah, I am sure people who are black and distrustful of police officers and feel oppressed are basing their feelings solely on what they see in videos, history books and court documents. SMH. So I guess if what we hear from Cubans in Miami about Castro is hearsay then allegations of police brutality and oppression in America not caught on video is hearsay as well…lol.

The treatment of blacks in Cuba or by the elite in Miami has nothing to do with Kapernick’s statements as to why he supported Castro. Also, Kaepernick wasnt protesting the sale of humans. I think what you did in these examples is called….wait…wait…wait…..oh yeah, a straw man argument…lol. Its all about your tunnel vision. Do you really think I am going to waste my time having to prove to you my position by posting over 1000 articles which discuss the tyranny of Castro? Nah, let’s just stick with your premise that not all Cubans dislike Castro because they stayed in Cuba (that was rich).....because lets face it....nothing will change on your side no matter what is posted. Maybe you're not a coward after all...maybe you're just a man of conviction...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzonaCane1
Ok brother Malcolm!! You have the worst grammar ever, and yet it's ok due to your "social" setting as you sell it!! Your a clown
Stop I know you are young but damn you can't see it isn't worth it. I would also say stop believing all the right wing shit you read. Between all the far right nuts and the far left nuts this country is going to shit. The truth is always somewhere in the middle. Every side wanting their side to be believed. the truth is I am an American my mom says we are Portuguese Americans. But for my first 48 years I never heard my mom say that. We were just Americans. Even she is falling for this shz. I asked her what about my dad's side being Irish. She had no answer. Every time we use things like this to separate us it divides us even more.

Where did I say that! I said I have never seen you post anything racist. Read the whole statement. I don't agree with some of your statements but it isn't about race. It has always been CANE related.
No it was a sincere question because your the only guy I've read all these years thats never been influenced by politics. Was an honest question

No it was a sincere question because your the only guy I've read all these years thats never been influenced by politics. Was an honest question
I am an Atheist and am from an Irish father and a Portuguese mother. We grew up dirt poor. My uncle was a grand wizard in the KKK I have been married twice both times to Black women. And have been with my wife now for over 21 years. I have been blessed to have MANY black friends now and growing up. Thankfully my parents would not let racial issues happen in our house. Everyone was equal everyone. But I have seen it from both sides. And if AZR would be real he knows it goes both ways. White guy's in the military would stop talking because I was the guy married to the black officer. The black guy's would stop talking because I was the white guy married to the sister. I never really cared and don't care today. And this is what politics is Oscar people using social issues to push the political scale left or right. Truth is Oscar I can't really remember when a president cared about any Americans unless they were trying to get a vote from someone. I am very conservative and think every person should not be handed anything free. But in some ways I go left. The cost of healthcare and College is to expensive. There are way's the States can control the cost of University but they don't. No book should be worth $300 dollars and then the next semester be worth $5. The system is a scam like most things. That is why I try not to be political because Obama didn't care and Trump doesn't care. Everyone that gets to the top always owes somebody. Live your life believe what you believe in and forget everyone else that gives you shz. At the end of the day if you are happy with yourself Fuk everyone else.

Last edited:
I am an Atheist and am from an Irish father and a Portuguese mother. We grew up dirt poor. My uncle was a grand wizard in the KKK I have been married twice both times to Black women. And have been with my wife now for over 21 years. I have been blessed to have MANY black friends now and growing up. Thankfully my parents would not let racial issues happen in our house. Everyone was equal everyone. But I have seen it from both sides. And if AZR would be real he knows it goes both ways. White guy's in the military would stop talking because I was the guy married to the black officer. The black guy's would stop talking because I was the white guy married to the sister. I never really cared and don't care today. And this is what politics is Oscar people using social issues to push the political scale left or right. Truth is Oscar I can't really remember when a president cared about any Americans unless they were trying to get a vote from someone. I am very conservative and think every person should not be handed anything free. But in some ways I go left. The cost of healthcare and College is to expensive. There are way's the States can control the cost of University but they don't. No book should be worth $300 dollars and then the next semester be worth $5. The system is a scam like most things. That is why I try not to be political because Obama didn't care and Trump doesn't care. Everyone that gets to the top always owes somebody. Live your life believe what you believe in and forget everyone else that gives you shz. At the end of the if you are happy with yourself Fuk everyone else.
Truth!! My wife is mixed or mullato or whatever your suppose to call it these days. My heritage is Italian from Angola(long story) so I feel what your saying. Grew up with lots of different kids. Obviously I'm a conservative myself. And I agree most of it all a scam and the little guy always getting it in the ass. I can't stand the free loaders, my parents busted their humps yet people I grew up around never had a job and they literally flaunted their handouts! The rich always try and keep what they got while the poor always trying to survive it's a sad cycle where the Middle always ends up carrying the load. We got Vets who can't get a Dr appt and then we got people who've never lifted a finger for the country getting quality care and free money! They let anyone in like were the dumping battered shelter for the world. And then we got Muslims hacking off heads on YouTube yet Americans are to afraid to speak up out of fear they'll get called a racist! It's crazy!! Thanks Apopka always appreciated your input!

LAC
Truth!! My wife is mixed or mullato or whatever your suppose to call it these days. My heritage is Italian from Angola(long story) so I feel what your saying. Grew up with lots of different kids. Obviously I'm a conservative myself. And I agree most of it all a scam and the little guy always getting it in the ass. I can't stand the free loaders, my parents busted their humps yet people I grew up around never had a job and they literally flaunted their handouts! The rich always try and keep what they got while the poor always trying to survive it's a sad cycle where the Middle always ends up carrying the load. We got Vets who can't get a Dr appt and then we got people who've never lifted a finger for the country getting quality care and free money! They let anyone in like were the dumping battered shelter for the world. And then we got Muslims hacking off heads on YouTube yet Americans are to afraid to speak up out of fear they'll get called a racist! It's crazy!! Thanks Apopka always appreciated your input!
I Know you are young. But don't get all caught up in this muslim crap. Every race and religion has it's radicals. All we can do is treat people right and hope they treat us right back. The PC crap in this country is way out of line. And don't worry about others you will drive yourself crazy trying to figure humanity out. Some of the best people I have met were on assistance at one time or another. It is like trying to tell your daughter or mine in this case mine why you think they are dating a moron. They will not listen until it is to late. That is how the world is. I heard my dad say 100x if he knew then what he knew now he would have done it different. I think every generation hears that from their parents. I am still waiting to see someone that applies that to their life. I know I sure didn't.

I am an Atheist and am from an Irish father and a Portuguese mother. We grew up dirt poor. My uncle was a grand wizard in the KKK I have been married twice both times to Black women. And have been with my wife now for over 21 years. I have been blessed to have MANY black friends now and growing up. Thankfully my parents would not let racial issues happen in our house. Everyone was equal everyone. But I have seen it from both sides. And if AZR would be real he knows it goes both ways. White guy's in the military would stop talking because I was the guy married to the black officer. The black guy's would stop talking because I was the white guy married to the sister. I never really cared and don't care today. And this is what politics is Oscar people using social issues to push the political scale left or right. Truth is Oscar I can't really remember when a president cared about any Americans unless they were trying to get a vote from someone. I am very conservative and think every person should not be handed anything free. But in some ways I go left. The cost of healthcare and College is to expensive. There are way's the States can control the cost of University but they don't. No book should be worth $300 dollars and then the next semester be worth $5. The system is a scam like most things. That is why I try not to be political because Obama didn't care and Trump doesn't care. Everyone that gets to the top always owes somebody. Live your life believe what you believe in and forget everyone else that gives you shz. At the end of the if you are happy with yourself Fuk everyone else.
Great post. Especially the last sentence.

Zona, this is a great post and I hope we can all discuss the issues without name calling because unlike many others you follow the news religiously.

I agree with you about the manner of the protest. For instance,
Kaepernick could have taken a similar page out of the professional women’s basketball team that would not answer questions unless it was about the issue they were pushing. That is a lot different than being disrespectful to the flag when the issue was about police officers and many in this country supported the victims of the bad shootings. To compound the situation Kaepernick told the world that he felt Castro was a good man who takes care of his people. These reasons alone had me hoping he doesn’t get another job……..but for Trump to do what he did just seemed like an unfair fight. If you’re in politics you sign up for the abuse and are fair game to name calling. For me, sports is that little window of time that allows us to get away from politics and root for our team and enjoy the event.

I understand your sentiment and appreciate it. But sports has always been that nexus. The entire Cane's mythos was based on "otherness". Ali, Jack Johnson, Jesse Owens, Babe Diedrickson, Babe Ruth/Ty Cobb. Negro leagues, Emile Griffith, Glen Burke. Catholics v. Convicts, UNLV v. Duke.

Again, not a knock, but its always been there, it just doesn't always affect everyone. This one affected folks that have no clue what some of those above references are or why they may have equally impacted others.

But to your point (bolded) I completely empathize.

Apopka serious question, so I come across as a racist?
You didn't ask me, and I don't think you care but, if it had to be a binary I would answer yes.

Its more complicated than that. I think you just have biases as we all do, but you, as do most of us, have trouble recognizing our biases.

The sentence that cemented it for me was casting slavery as "hundreds of years ago" when its a) not true and b) doesn't address the issue of legislated legal discrimination and oppression. Not only are those systems not yet vestigial; they are open, apparent and ostensibly will be reinforced.

Someone tagging you as racist would be unfair.

If you ask the binary question of whether you come off as racist or not; you'll get a binary response. I think the more accurate answer is we all have biases. I'd leave those binary questions alone, they don't always solicit the desired rhetorical response.

You didn't ask me, and I don't think you care but, if it had to be a binary I would answer yes.

Its more complicated than that. I think you just have biases as we all do, but you, as do most of us, have trouble recognizing our biases.

The sentence that cemented it for me was casting slavery as "hundreds of years ago" when its a) not true and b) doesn't address the issue of legislated legal discrimination and oppression. Not only are those systems not yet vestigial; they are open, apparent and ostensibly will be reinforced.

Someone tagging you as racist would be unfair.

If you ask the binary question of whether you come off as racist or not; you'll get a binary response. I think the more accurate answer is we all have biases. I'd leave those binary questions alone, they don't always solicit the desired rhetorical response.
I get why the hundreds of years ago would warrant your yes vote! Was no doubt a piss poor choice of words! My fault on that!!

Man, stop with the ignorant bullshyt! Where or when the fck ever did I claim or insinuate such dumb shyt. I'm calling out the hypocrisy of this bullshyt narrative mostly whites claim of Colin's protest being about the flag when all of you know it's a smoke screen for your twisted azz hate. That's what the fck I'm saying and funny how the following articles says the same damn thing I've said this entire post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...le-are-to-america_us_58d59e25e4b03787d358ce3d

I'll also share a little secret with you, you get better than 80% of the black population who agrees with this. But once again, the great white man knows the plight of black folks better than we do and in parental complex manner has to tell black folks how to fight against the very racist system that you've created and perpetuated. Helluva thing there ain't fella. **** outta here with your text book white response of slavery has been around since the beginning of time. Wtf does that have to do with the savagery and sickness perpetuated here? Is that suppose to someone indicate that it was ok, you dumb fck? Murder, rape, every other fckn crime has been going on since the beginning of time but who the fck says such dumb shyt when any other crime is mentioned??? Next time a Jewish person mentions the 6 mil killed in the holocaust, tell them that shyt like that has happened since the beginning of time and see how that dumb shyt works out. Next time a woman is raped, a child is molested or better yet when someone in your fam is fcked over, remember you dumbazz response because it if it's relevant to slavery then it's apparently relevant to every crime. Smdh. You mf say the dumbest shyt, I swear, and have a nerve to think your speaking some intelligent shyt.

Last edited:
Btw, many veterans and active duty military members stood behind CK in his protests

Btw, many veterans and active duty military members stood behind CK in his protests
I am a veteran and had no problem with his protest that is why most of us were in the military. That being said i also have no problem with no other teams picking him up. In the area he did it in was not a good area to do it. That is why the people in that area careless about him leaving. Since I grew up their I may have a better working knowledge of the people of that area. Or are you the only fuking moron that knows anything. You are no better than any KKK member. You spread hate and ignorance without care. So for all of your fuss you are still just a fuking moron to me. By the way if you were any other race to me you would still be a fuking moron. I never said slavery was right at any time in history. Just speaking the truth about slavery.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am sure people who are black and distrustful of police officers and feel oppressed are basing their feelings solely on what they see in videos, history books and court documents. SMH. So I guess if what we hear from Cubans in Miami about Castro is hearsay then allegations of police brutality and oppression in America not caught on video is hearsay as well…lol.

The treatment of blacks in Cuba or by the elite in Miami has nothing to do with Kapernick’s statements as to why he supported Castro. Also, Kaepernick wasnt protesting the sale of humans. I think what you did in these examples is called….wait…wait…wait…..oh yeah, a straw man argument…lol. Its all about your tunnel vision. Do you really think I am going to waste my time having to prove to you my position by posting over 1000 articles which discuss the tyranny of Castro? Nah, let’s just stick with your premise that not all Cubans dislike Castro because they stayed in Cuba (that was rich).....because lets face it....nothing will change on your side no matter what is posted. Maybe you're not a coward after all...maybe you're just a man of conviction...lol.

Thus sayeth the guys who says it's not his job too challenge people yet here we are 20 posts later. Lmao! As for you comment regarding the hearsay, as I said earlier which you somehow don't seem to get, (IN MY SCREAMING VOICE) THERE'S TONS OF DOCUMENTED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF STATE & FED ELECTED POLITICIANS SPEAKING ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY, CALLING BLACK PEOPLE N*GGERS, POLICE BEATING BLACK PEOPLE DOWN, FEDERALS AND STATE LAWS RESTRICTING BLACK PEOPLE FROM SCHOOLS, HOUSING, JOBS, ETC. We have plenty of history and documentation supporting our claims of oppression and racism here. All I asked you to do is present the same about your Cuba/Castro claims otherwise your attempt to draw a parallel to the Cubans plight and our plight here is ridiculous and amounts to hearsay. What's so complicated about this?

Don't attempt to play the b.s. game about why I'm discussing the oppression in Cuba, you know exactly why I mentioned it. It was germane to the discussion/debate about who and what type of an individual Castro was and Cuba's history prior to Castro. You asked the question about Castro and opened up the convo about Cuba and I engaged you by stating an opposing view point with the supporting info. How the hell you gonna ask me a question then say you don't have time to discuss it? Now of sudden you don't have time to talk about Cuba when I challenge you on Cuba's history of elitism and racial oppression? Lol. Now it's let's go back to the OP, right? Lol. O.k. sure buddy.

I am a veteran and had no problem with his protest that is why most of us were in the military. That being said i also have no problem with no other teams picking him up. In the area he did it in was not a good area to do it. That is why the people in that area careless about him leaving. Since I grew up their I may have a better working knowledge of the people of that area. Or are you the only fuking moron that knows anything. You are no better than any KKK member. You spread hate and ignorance without care. So for all of your fuss you are still just a fuking moron to me. By the way if you were any other race to me you would still be a fuking moron. I never said slavery was right

Fck outta here, clown. You b*stards always wanna compare somebody to the KKK when not one of you ever says anything against the KKK or it's murderous history in this country. You only use them as a point of reference when it's convenient to draw some black parallel otherwise their existence is cool with you. The very fact the KKK still exists is a damn disgrace but white Amerikkka has never had a problem with its existence and still doesn't. I'm a vet too, US Navy, so I speak just as you can jackazz. You didn't have to say slavery was right, your dumbazz marginalizing and minimizing comments about the occurrence says how you feel about it. You stated it as if it was tantamount to running a fckn red light, "Ahhh people do it all the time". In your arrogance, you can't even understand how fckd up such a response is in reference to the slaughtering of millions. Straight from the "get over it" files, this is what you meant by it.

Last edited:
Fck outta here, clown. You b*stards always wanna compare somebody to the KKK when not one of you ever says anything against the KKK or it's murderous history in this country. You only use them as a point of reference when it's convenient to draw some black parallel otherwise their existence is cool with you. The very fact the KKK still exists is a damn disgrace but white Amerikkka has never had a problem with its existence and still doesn't. I'm a vet too, US Navy, so I speak just as you can jackazz. You didn't have to say slavery was right, your dumbazz marginalizing and minimizing comments about the occurrence says how you feel about it. You passed of like it was tantamount to running a fckn red light, "Ahhh people do it all the time". In your arrogance, you can't even understand how fckd up such a response is in reference to the slaughtering of millions.
I am not speaking to a KKK member I am speaking to you. If I was speaking to a KKK member I would be telling them the same things that I am telling you. It is people like you and the KKK that look for racism in everyone and everything that create the hate. But you can't see it because you are blinded by hate. I feel sorry for you. So go on with your pity party and the rest of us that are actually trying to get along will carry on. I have had to deal with other people like you and the KKK my whole life. The only thing I can say is yes you are just like them hateful and bitter and doing the blame game. I hope you can find peace one day I doubt you will but I hope you do. It is a disgrace that the KKK still exist. It also is a disgrace the bloods and the crips still exist. Every hate group is a disgrace and every person that is hateful is a disgrace. But that is what people like you do keep the hate going. So stay strong you never know what it will get you beside the high blood pressure. For me you can't faze me you can't bother me because I know who and what I am. You may figure it out one day for yourself.

Thus sayeth the guys who says it's not his job too challenge people yet here we are 20 posts later. Lmao! As for you comment regarding the hearsay, as I said earlier which you somehow don't seem to get, (IN MY SCREAMING VOICE) THERE'S TONS OF DOCUMENTED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF STATE & FED ELECTED POLITICIANS SPEAKING ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY, CALLING BLACK PEOPLE N*GGERS, POLICE BEATING BLACK PEOPLE DOWN, FEDERALS AND STATE LAWS RESTRICTING BLACK PEOPLE FROM SCHOOLS, HOUSING, JOBS, ETC. We have plenty of history and documentation supporting our claims of oppression and racism here. All I asked you to do is present the same about your Cuba/Castro claims otherwise your attempt to draw a parallel to the Cubans plight and our plight here is ridiculous and amounts to hearsay. What's so complicated about this?

Don't attempt to play the b.s. game about why I'm discussing the oppression in Cuba, you know exactly why I mentioned it. It was germane to the discussion/debate about who and what type of an individual Castro was and Cuba's history prior to Castro. You asked the question about Castro and opened up the convo about Cuba and I engaged you by stating an opposing view point with the supporting info. How the hell you gonna ask me a question then say you don't have time to discuss it? Now of sudden you don't have time to talk about Cuba when I challenge you on Cuba's history of elitism and racial oppression? Lol. Now it's let's go back to the OP, right? Lol. O.k. sure buddy.
I definitely have too much time on my hands but fu*k it. Dude, I know you’re smarter than this. Our discussion started on the basis that I called out Kaepernick for being a hypocrite because he felt Castro treated all his people better than America treats the black population. That’s it….plain and simple. Kaepernick wasn’t complaining about slavery in America or discussing how Castro treated blacks in Cuba better than the prior regime.

As for this issue of hearsay, black America has been complaining about abuse from police long before all these videos made its way into the media so how is it different from when Cubans tell the story of their plight? Tell me how the logic is flawed with this issue of hearsay and if I am convinced I promise I will convert to Azer-ism.

As for not picking on people you think are racist……it doesn’t mean I can’t engage with who I want when I want. Its really not complicated

Wrong! The KKK ain't looking for racism, they're looking to be racist and hate everyone. How the hell in your twisted mind you define the KKK as a group who looks for racism vs them being a hate organization shows how in tuned to reality you really are. Ya'll kill me with your phony words of wisdom, please save all your hope you find peace b.s. for someone who needs it, fella. You guys really give these post way too much credit in determining the quality of someone's life. My life is fine, buddy, I assure you. I'm in great health, I'm financially stable, and all my needs are met. Just because I'm not the humble negro who accepts racism and the white supremacist status quo doesn't mean my life is not enjoyable. As it's side, time for play and a time to be serious. I just happen to be serious when it comes to issues of injustice. What's comical is that you clowns don't know your racist smoke screens sound like broken record, whites have been saying the same shyt so long it really has become comical. You do realize during the 60's when black people marched for for civil rights that red neck whites in the south said they were going about the wrong way, don't you? You do realize black people have never protested in a manner that was the "correct" way according to white people, don't you? You do realize that there will never be fckn correct way for black people to protest in the eyes of whites, don't you? Point is, all of you cowards need to stop the bull, every generation of whites have said the said the same dumb shyt but I guess they weren't racist back then either huh. smdh

I definitely have too much time on my hands but fu*k it. Dude, I know you’re smarter than this. Our discussion started on the basis that I called out Kaepernick for being a hypocrite because he felt Castro treated all his people better than America treats the black population. That’s it….plain and simple. Kaepernick wasn’t complaining about slavery in America or discussing how Castro treated blacks in Cuba better than the prior regime.

As for this issue of hearsay, black America has been complaining about abuse from police long before all these videos made its way into the media so how is it different from when Cubans tell the story of their plight? Tell me how the logic is flawed with this issue of hearsay and if I am convinced I promise I will convert to Azer-ism.

As for not picking on people you think are racist……it doesn’t mean I can’t engage with who I want when I want. Its really not complicated

Dude, are you retarded or something??? You can't be this slow, what part of all the historical footage don't you get. Video footage of cops brutalizing black people didn't just start. What the hell are you talking about? There is not comparison! RE-READ THE FOLLOWING:

THERE'S TONS OF DOCUMENTED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF STATE & FED ELECTED POLITICIANS SPEAKING ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY, CALLING BLACK PEOPLE N*GGERS, POLICE BEATING BLACK PEOPLE DOWN, FEDERALS AND STATE LAWS RESTRICTING BLACK PEOPLE FROM SCHOOLS, HOUSING, JOBS, ETC.

When you have all this as a historical basis, even if we hadn't seen one new video there'd still be plenty of evidence of our claims that it exists. Now where's yours???? Btw, welcome to Azar-ism.

Dude, are you retarded or something??? You can't be this slow, what part of all the historical footage don't you get. Video footage of cops brutalizing black people didn't just start. What the hell are you talking about? There is not comparison! RE-READ THE FOLLOWING:

THERE'S TONS OF DOCUMENTED VIDEO FOOTAGE OF STATE & FED ELECTED POLITICIANS SPEAKING ABOUT WHITE SUPREMACY, CALLING BLACK PEOPLE N*GGERS, POLICE BEATING BLACK PEOPLE DOWN, FEDERALS AND STATE LAWS RESTRICTING BLACK PEOPLE FROM SCHOOLS, HOUSING, JOBS, ETC.

When you have all this as a historical basis, even if we hadn't seen one new video there'd still be plenty of evidence of our claims that it exists. Now where's yours???? Btw, welcome to Azar-ism.

Yes, I am retarded so give me some slack. I know I dont process information as fast as you do......but were black people complaining about police abuse in the 90s and early to mid 2000's because of videos from Selma? When many if not the majority of black America complain about treatment from police is it based on the tape from Selma or is it personal experiences? Do we disregard their experiences because its hearsay? Now, if you would excuse me for a while this special needs poster has to get some gym time in today.

You guys are talking past each other to some degree.

Ozona ... respect for that.

Azar's point re: treatment of blacks and documentation of it is accurate. You have had video of mistreatment, newspapers and pictures of oppression, all which support the laws and social structures, since the birth of the country. Its disingenuous to imply that the current footage is the only footage. Nina sang Strange Fruit, but Al Jolson sang Mammie two score before and we all know Oh Susanna.

Don't be disingenuous.

If you don't understand the popular contemporary impact of the X/Castro meeting perhaps read about it. Its fine to disagree, many did then, but not to acknowledge its impact, know its importance, mutes any discussion.

Castro was a brutal despot who criminalized opposition to him. But unless your willing to look at the "greatest generation" or the "war of the states" or Jim Crow, or carceral state then you'll quickly ignore the parallels.

Castro, for all his abuse, pales compared to the vast majority of American Presidents. The sole difference being Americans chose the systems of oppression; and ignore that those suffering the ramifications were not given the right to exercise their franchise.

This continues currently. Conservative courts in states like Texas and NC have in the last 12 months found specific systemic repression of Voter's Rights. Many don't want to acknowledge these ugly truths, thats a privilege others don't have.

Castro was a thug, a murderer and not unlike many of the politicians and people of power in the US or our allies.

You guys are talking past each other to some degree.

Ozona ... respect for that.

Azar's point re: treatment of blacks and documentation of it is accurate. You have had video of mistreatment, newspapers and pictures of oppression, all which support the laws and social structures, since the birth of the country. Its disingenuous to imply that the current footage is the only footage. Nina sang Strange Fruit, but Al Jolson sang Mammie two score before and we all know Oh Susanna.

Don't be disingenuous.

If you don't understand the popular contemporary impact of the X/Castro meeting perhaps read about it. Its fine to disagree, many did then, but not to acknowledge its impact, know its importance, mutes any discussion.

Castro was a brutal despot who criminalized opposition to him. But unless your willing to look at the "greatest generation" or the "war of the states" or Jim Crow, or carceral state then you'll quickly ignore the parallels.

Castro, for all his abuse, pales compared to the vast majority of American Presidents. The sole difference being Americans chose the systems of oppression; and ignore that those suffering the ramifications were not given the right to exercise their franchise.

This continues currently. Conservative courts in states like Texas and NC have in the last 12 months found specific systemic repression of Voter's Rights. Many don't want to acknowledge these ugly truths, thats a privilege others don't have.

Castro was a thug, a murderer and not unlike many of the politicians and people of power in the US or our allies.
ellu, nobody in this thread is disputing police misconduct or oppression in current day America. Nor was anybody questioning what happened in the past in America. At least from my end, the point that was brought up or at least implied was my questioning of whether we should respect Kaepernick when he protested in a controversial manner against oppression in America, yet he sided with Castro's treatment of Cubans when questioned by the media. Nothing more nothing less.

ellu, nobody in this thread is disputing police misconduct or oppression in current day America. Nor was anybody questioning what happened in the past in America. At least from my end, the point that was brought up or at least implied was my questioning of whether we should respect Kaepernick when he protested in a controversial manner against oppression in America, yet he sided with Castro's treatment of Cubans when questioned by the media. Nothing more nothing less.

But did he protest in a controversial manner? Initially he sat, zero publicity. He did this unnoticed for several pre-season games. Someone noticed. A military man who took offense met with him. Said sitting was disrespectful, suggested kneeling in silent meditation. He did so, took a knee.

Thats controversial?

What form of protest would be acceptable?

so that's the first question, silent meditation, not a flag burning, not spitting on the flag, not sitting or kneeling on the flag, not dancing while the anthem played, nothing directly insulting, one man, taking a quiet knee and reflecting. not scowling, not snarling, not laughing, not talking.

Are you familiar with what he said exactly on Castro? I ask b/c your summation of it does not reflect what actually occurred. You wrote it as if Kaep somehow elevated Cuba over America in terms of oppression. I distinctly recall him saying that he was celebrating the Castro/X meeting (which is what I referenced above) and then the writer challenging him that Castro was somehow worse. From there Kaep equated the breaking up of families in Cuba with the carceral state here (again in my prior pargraph).

Considering that the US has implemented a system and structure that has resulted in the greatest carceral state in world history, isn't there some truth to the comparison? Even if not, could the equivalency be reasonably inferred? That breaking up of a family and jailing systemically is tantamount to autocratic incarcerations? Different motives same result and more importantly, same impact, family destruction.

So whether you find the equivalency false, is the derivative of the comparison false?

I found the article.
The quarterback first pointed out that Malcolm X was also pictured on his t-shirt, saying he was a believer in Malcolm X's ideology and fighting oppression.

The fact that Malcolm X met Castro in 1960 at Harlem's Hotel Theresa, Kaepernick said, shows that he was open-minded and 'willing to hear different aspects of people's views'.

When the reporter, who hasn't been named, pressed Kaepernick specifically on Castro's history of oppression, he replied: 'One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we're fully capable of doing that.'

The reporter replied: 'He also did something that we do not do here: he broke up families, he took over a country without any justice and without any election'.

Kaepernick fought back: 'We do break up families here. That's what mass incarceration is. That was the foundation of slavery so our country has been based on that as well as the genocide of native Americans.'

When the reporter asked whether Kaepernick was equating the breaking up of Cuban families with people going to jail in the United States,
Kaepernick said: 'I'm equating the breaking up of families with the breaking up of families.'

Is this dialog so different from:

O’Reilly: “Do you respect Putin?”

Trump: “I do respect him.

O’Reilly: “Do you? Why?”

Trump: “I respect a lot of people, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with them. He’s a leader of his country. I say it’s better to get along with Russian than not. And if Russia helps us in the fight against ISIS…and Islamic terrorism all over the world…major fight. That’s a good thing. Will I get along with him? I have no idea.

O’Reilly: “He’s a killer, though…Putin’s a killer.”

Trump: “We got a lot of killers. What, you think our country’s so innocent?”

Again, I think we get lost in positions and the weeds. I can't think of many protests that were less violent, vocal or offensive. He only answered when asked and attention was only brought to it when he was found; he never sought it, he just accepted the light when it was shone on him. How much less could he have done and actually still "protested"?

This question notwithstanding, his statements, tho controversial, are truth in the ultimate fact.

But did he protest in a controversial manner? Initially he sat, zero publicity. He did this unnoticed for several pre-season games. Someone noticed. A military man who took offense met with him. Said sitting was disrespectful, suggested kneeling in silent meditation. He did so, took a knee.

Thats controversial?

What form of protest would be acceptable?

so that's the first question, silent meditation, not a flag burning, not spitting on the flag, not sitting or kneeling on the flag, not dancing while the anthem played, nothing directly insulting, one man, taking a quiet knee and reflecting. not scowling, not snarling, not laughing, not talking.

Are you familiar with what he said exactly on Castro? I ask b/c your summation of it does not reflect what actually occurred. You wrote it as if Kaep somehow elevated Cuba over America in terms of oppression. I distinctly recall him saying that he was celebrating the Castro/X meeting (which is what I referenced above) and then the writer challenging him that Castro was somehow worse. From there Kaep equated the breaking up of families in Cuba with the carceral state here (again in my prior pargraph).

Considering that the US has implemented a system and structure that has resulted in the greatest carceral state in world history, isn't there some truth to the comparison? Even if not, could the equivalency be reasonably inferred? That breaking up of a family and jailing systemically is tantamount to autocratic incarcerations? Different motives same result and more importantly, same impact, family destruction.

So whether you find the equivalency false, is the derivative of the comparison false?

I found the article.
The quarterback first pointed out that Malcolm X was also pictured on his t-shirt, saying he was a believer in Malcolm X's ideology and fighting oppression.

The fact that Malcolm X met Castro in 1960 at Harlem's Hotel Theresa, Kaepernick said, shows that he was open-minded and 'willing to hear different aspects of people's views'.

When the reporter, who hasn't been named, pressed Kaepernick specifically on Castro's history of oppression, he replied: 'One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we're fully capable of doing that.'

The reporter replied: 'He also did something that we do not do here: he broke up families, he took over a country without any justice and without any election'.

Kaepernick fought back: 'We do break up families here. That's what mass incarceration is. That was the foundation of slavery so our country has been based on that as well as the genocide of native Americans.'

When the reporter asked whether Kaepernick was equating the breaking up of Cuban families with people going to jail in the United States,
Kaepernick said: 'I'm equating the breaking up of families with the breaking up of families.'

Is this dialog so different from:

O’Reilly: “Do you respect Putin?”

Trump: “I do respect him.

O’Reilly: “Do you? Why?”

Trump: “I respect a lot of people, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to get along with them. He’s a leader of his country. I say it’s better to get along with Russian than not. And if Russia helps us in the fight against ISIS…and Islamic terrorism all over the world…major fight. That’s a good thing. Will I get along with him? I have no idea.

O’Reilly: “He’s a killer, though…Putin’s a killer.”

Trump: “We got a lot of killers. What, you think our country’s so innocent?”

Again, I think we get lost in positions and the weeds. I can't think of many protests that were less violent, vocal or offensive. He only answered when asked and attention was only brought to it when he was found; he never sought it, he just accepted the light when it was shone on him. How much less could he have done and actually still "protested"?

This question notwithstanding, his statements, tho controversial, are truth in the ultimate fact.
ellu, controversial does not equate to being wrong. But to answer your question, yes, what Kaepernick did was controversial and I am sure he knew it would be from day 1.

Also, are you saying that Kaepernick's words and tone do not show that he was trying to escape the accusation of hypocricy levied by the Herald reporter by pointing out what he thought were good things by Castro?

Here is the article which I completely agree with, but there is a lot more stuff the reporter left out. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

I will close by saying that if someone in America is upset by the way they are being treated because of race...they have the option to leave. During F Castro's reign I am sure you knew the consequences of leaving.....suffice to say....it didnt mirror America's policy.

Last edited:
ellu, controversial does not equate to being wrong. But to answer your question, yes, what Kaepernick did was controversial and I am sure he knew it would be from day 1.

ellu, are you saying that Kaepernick's words and tone do not show that he was trying to escape the accusation of hypocricy from the Herald reporter by pointing out what he thought were good things by Castro?

Here is the article which I completely agree with, but there is a lot more stuff the reporter left out. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

I will close by saying that if someone in America is upset by the way they are being treated because of race...they have the option to leave. During F Castro's reign I am sure you knew the consequences of leaving.....suffice to say....it didnt mirror America's policy.

I can concede the controversy. I think you are correct in a literal sense. Then I ask you. By definition, what form of protest would not be controversial. Controversy is implicit in protest isn't it? Protest must take a form of antagonism to some structural norm; its the essence of protest. Ghandi's peaceful protest was among the most controversial protests in colonial history (and successful) as was Tutu's and MLK. How was Kaep's silent protest demonstrably or substantively different?

On the scale of American protests where does it rank. Is there any controversy that it was peaceful? Did he attempt to demonstrate respect by modifying the protest after taking counsel of a vet?

I can concede that it was controversial in fact; but the connotation of controversy was expanded beyond its literal meaning and its those implied meanings I differ with.

You asked an honest question and I'll answer it honestly. I don't think Kaep was particulary informed about Castro. I do not think we hold ignorance to the same standard as malice. The author in your article implied that their was an intent and malice that I don't believe was ever present.

What you may or may or may not be aware of was that image had made a sort of resurgence in the black community.

Couple of dates that may inform:
“Fidel and Malcom X: Memories of a Meeting” published in paperback may of 2013

9-18-2015
http://www.history.com/news/fidel-castros-wild-new-york-visit-55-years-ago

the book was published in spanish on 2016.03.16
http://www.radioenciclopedia.cu/cul...ng-was-recently-presented-in-havana-20160316/

https://newrepublic.com/article/131793/castro-came-harlem

https://polyhedrus.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/fidel-castro-and-malcolm-x-to-legends-together/

http://www.vibe.com/2016/05/historic-meeting-malcolm-x-fidel-castro-harlem-1960/

A few months later Kaep is seen wearing the shirt, says he wore it for X and the rest is documented in both links we posted.

"ellu, are you saying that Kaepernick's words and tone do not show that he was trying to escape the accusation of hypocricy from the Herald reporter by pointing out what he thought were good things by Castro?"

No more so than our current President was by equating American Patriots with Russian murderers. It was an ill fitted false equivalency born of ignorance but not malice. However, the fact of mass incarceration remains.

(post script - The following is rhetorical and in no way is directed to you, but is a demonstration of the rhetorical device used by Armando.)

"I will close by saying that if someone in America is upset by the way they are being treated because of race...they have the option to leave. "

Unpack your statement. Unpack it the way that Armando unpacked the shirt. Ignore your stated intent in the statement (juxtaposition of inequality of Cuba and America) and focus on a singular side of the statement's union. Are you saying that if black's don't like racism they can leave? Are we to revisit the Liberian experiment (if unfamiliar google Liberia and it's history). Are you a Marcus Garvey enthusiast? Are you saying that we should follow the path of Abraham Lincoln and start a colony in Central America to deport blacks, the basic implication being that white and black can never coexist.

Are you implying that this unique set of completely homogenized folks should abrogate that forced history in lieu of fighting the wrongness from which it was born?

See what rhetoric can come from ignoring both sides of an argument to advance one?

During F Castro's reign I am sure you knew the consequences of leaving.....suffice to say....it didnt mirror America's policy

There are 1.5 million Cubans in exile. 1.5 million that were able to leave; thats an aggregate figure. There are currently 750,000 black men in prison. They can't leave. That choice you offer does not exist. The 13th amendment does not apply to them. The aggregate number of blacks in the carceral state is exponential of 750k.

Its not close.

My ultimate point is the reaction to the protest is not a reaction on substance but is a reaction to either the form or awareness.

The t-shirt was rhetoric, rhetoric born of privilege by some, ignorance by the wearer and ignorance of those who were angered by the wearer's ignorance.

I do thank you for civil discourse, its absent often. We can disagree without being disagreeable (though that can be fun too).

Reactions: Azar
Have any non black and white videos?

What sort of video/information satifies your demand? I thought current info didn't demonstrate a history of this violence and you were looking for older archival video? Or are you seeking video from the 70's and 80's? Which decades are you looking for?

Or can we just acknowledge that there has been a relentless continuum of these issues and its not something new or old, but simply "is".

Reactions: Azar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT