ADVERTISEMENT

Gary/Matt or anyone- 2 NIL questions I have not heard anyone talk about.

kamco360

SuperCane
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2018
With all the NIL whirlwind going on right now there are 2 glaring questions regarding this and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding them.

1. NIL game seems to be taking shape as a sort of work around to the "bag game", this mostly appears to be people with ties to the program giving money to players in exchange for social media marketing of very questionable value. Is the American Top Team really going to make a return on Kai-Leon Herbert tweeting about a gym chain in SFLA, not a chance in hell. With that said, much of the bag game around the country and specifically South Florida is centered around parents and street agents. What are the laws or implications stopping these organizations from striking deals with centers of influence around these recruits and players. From what I have read many of these state NIL laws require anyone under 18 to have an "agent or guardian" to consent to the deals, could this be a huge area for concern with recruiting and people "representing" these recruits striking deals to influence where they play. Even further could this open the door for many of them to being obligated to bad deals as minor on a deal they did not themselves sign and thus harming their future value. I'm thinking of Britney Spears but applied to South Florida recruiting due to NIL.

2. Does this law basically render the NCAA useless? Starting with players basically being allowed to transfer at will, and now with the NIL basically taking dark money dealings in college sports and bringing many of them to light it seems the NCAA is now a useless entity. These NIL deals are now state and possibly federal law plus the recent ruling by the supreme court gives the NCAA very little if any authority to enforce many of these huge issues impacting college sports.

Curious on everyone's thoughts.

Reactions: roofermike
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News