ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri All-American DE Michael Sam comes out

mroubicek

SuperCane
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Happy, relieved, angry, indifferent?

Personally, I think this is good. I bet you there are dozens of gay players in the league, maybe even a few superstars.
Supposedly, Aaron Rodgers was supposed to come out a few months ago but got scared. Thoughts?

FWIW, Sam plays like a beast! I don't where he was supposed to get drafted and have even less of a clue now that he's out.

Who really cares?

If you are gay and happy then good for you but why does anybody else care? The idea is for everybody to be treated equally so why announce your sexuality? You don't need to hide it but you also don't need to make a spectacle of it.

Should every straight athlete start announcing every girl he bangs? Of course not because somebody's sexual orientation has nothing to do with sports.

Tired of hearing about the whole movement. Go for him I just don't care

What Mike said. I think the media is really pushing this gay issue which really is a non issue IMO. I could care less if a dude was gay in one of my teams (back when I was young and operating) as long as he could carry his weight and fight to the end I'm cool with him. Now, I'm not going to the Blue Oyster with him on libo..lol.

As a matter of fact there are some bright individuals within the military (we have one of the first openly gay officers in my unit-and the dude is a stud at his job!) that are gay. Some are so impressive, that if I had to start another command I would by-name them to be added to the staff.

Simple; can they get the job done? Yes or No?
This post was edited on 2/9 9:21 PM by USMC/CANE

party0010.r191677.gif

Originally posted by honeyiv:

When will our entire defense 'come out'?
Best post of the year
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Sick of all of this crap, why is someones sexual preference news. He will be a happy guy in the locker room.

Surprised he is only projected as a mid round pick. Every time I watched Mizzou 52 was all over the field.

Young man has some balls to come out. Good for him. I hope he has a successful career.

Originally posted by azcanes:
Let's use the Miami slogan. If you can play you can play
He'll definitely get his chance. This kid tore it up at Mizzou. If you can play you can play. If you can't then you can't. The NFL will decide it.

Now everyone's suppose to give him an "atta boy" for revealing that he likes to poke another man in rear? I find the act disgusting and no amount of this new gay socialization movement that's currently in progress will make me find such an act appealing. He really could've kept that sh*t to himself, figuratively and literally.

Reactions: Dr.L.ThugU
Originally posted by Azar:

Now everyone's suppose to give him an "atta boy" for revealing that he likes to poke another man in rear? I find the act disgusting and no amount of this new gay socialization movement that's currently in progress will make me find such an act appealing. He really could've kept that sh*t to himself, figuratively and literally.

Wait a minute! How do we know that he is not a bottom????
This post was edited on 2/9 10:57 PM by honeyiv

Why should he keep it to himself when people are asking? Do you flip out when the media asks celebrities who they are dating? Or do you go online and say that they should keep it to themselves?

Originally posted by andyctree:
Why should he keep it to himself when people are asking? Do you flip out when the media asks celebrities who they are dating? Or do you go online and say that they should keep it to themselves?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

When ESPN starts asking straight athletes who they are dating I'll flip out. As for celebrities I don't give a crap who they date and I don't care when they die of drug overdoses either.

In this case the media shouldn't be asking because it shouldn't matter to anybody. It doesn't take courage to have sex with somebody of the same sex. Saying coming out is courageous is an insult to truly courageous people like Martin Luther King.

This post was edited on 2/9 11:06 PM by michaelmtripp@aol.com

Originally posted by michaelmtripp@aol.com:

Originally posted by andyctree:

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

When ESPN starts asking straight athletes who they are dating I'll flip out. As for celebrities I don't give a crap who they date and I don't care when they die of drug overdoses either.

In this case the media shouldn't be asking because it shouldn't matter to anybody. It doesn't take courage to have sex with somebody of the same sex. Saying coming out is courageous is an insult to truly courageous people like Martin Luther King.

This post was edited on 2/9 11:06 PM by michaelmtripp@aol.com
Co-sign. A lot of miss-guided souls are jaded, and can only think politically. They need an education about what real heroes are about.

Dang now we associating Martin Luther King we this gay movement??? Really Now???

I'm for Gay and Lesbian Rights. I voted Yes on the Gay marriage ballot. With all of that being said. Sam should've kept his sexual preference to himself IMO. Why bring that type of attention to yourself. The nfl doesn't like this type of attention! IMO he made a mistake by coming out! I applaud him for having the Guts to do it! But he made a mistake IMO

Some of you are kidding right? I don't think they are saying he is a hero because he is having sex with men geniuses....lmfao. They say he is a hero because it takes courage to come out. You wouldn't know anything about it. Like it or not a lot of gay people are in our culture. They are part of our culture as fans, atheletes, coaches and everywhere. There is still a stigma attached to it and coming out allows them to be comfortable about who they are. It allows them to feel they can be like everyone else. I agree. It really doesn't or shouldn't matter.

Originally posted by Phatmac662:
Dang now we associating Martin Luther King we this gay movement??? Really Now???
+100000

Look I have had gay friends and its no big deal but to compare him to MLK is crazy.

Originally posted by sds522:
Originally posted by Phatmac662:
+100000

Look I have had gay friends and its no big deal but to compare him to MLK is crazy.
I understood it as a contrast not a comparison.

Soldiers who fight in wars are heroes not gay football players who come out to the public. Just sayin...let's not call every courageous person a hero.

Originally posted by Flea1384:
I'm for Gay and Lesbian Rights. I voted Yes on the Gay marriage ballot. With all of that being said. Sam should've kept his sexual preference to himself IMO. Why bring that type of attention to yourself. The nfl doesn't like this type of attention! IMO he made a mistake by coming out! I applaud him for having the Guts to do it! But he made a mistake IMO
You are only pro gay because you got your tailpipe RAMMED in JAIL!! You dumb ass bitch,

To those saying "Why is this news?" or "This isn't a big deal"

1. It is a big deal, 1st openly gay athlete in the NFL.

2. You are right and I feel the same way. But until everyone or at least a very large majority feels like you do, it will be a big deal. If everyone had a tolerance level like you, it wouldn't be news. But unfortunately many people still go out of their way to denounce homosexuality (notice the qualifier).

Think about interracial marriage. Not quite the same, but even 20 years ago, it had only a 44% approval rating amongst whites in America. Now that number is at 84% and still climbing. Subsequently you don't see it making news when prominent figures marry a different race as you would have before.

Have friends at Mizzou that know him and say it was somewhat known around campus, and that he's a good guy. Good for him.

the fans arent his problem... its the locker room and showers he needs to worry about... some not all but some of his future team mates wont approve of showering with him

i had a kid come out to me once ... he goes coach i really want to come to school and play ball [baseball] here but i have to tell you something... he says will it be a problem that he's gay... i say are you hitting on me?...he says no coach i would never hit on you... i acted offended and said why not whats wrong with me

that was 9 years ago... kid never had any problems played 3 years of minor league balll no problems but he never made it awkward for his team mates that is where Sam just screwed up

I'd like to point out that political correctness was born out of the conservative judge Clarence Thomas' hearings for the Supreme Court.

Corporations became scared of lawsuits and changed policies directly affecting our current society.

As for the OP's original point: the more athletes that do what Sam did, the closer we get to it being irrelevant.

Phuck You!! You're a Dumb Racist Bytch!
Originally posted by honeyiv:
Originally posted by Flea1384:
You are only pro gay because you got your tailpipe RAMMED in JAIL!! You dumb ass bitch,

Originally posted by jcbg:
To those saying "Why is this news?" or "This isn't a big deal"

1. It is a big deal, 1st openly gay athlete in the NFL.

2. You are right and I feel the same way. But until everyone or at least a very large majority feels like you do, it will be a big deal. If everyone had a tolerance level like you, it wouldn't be news. But unfortunately many people still go out of their way to denounce homosexuality (notice the qualifier).

Think about interracial marriage. Not quite the same, but even 20 years ago, it had only a 44% approval rating amongst whites in America. Now that number is at 84% and still climbing. Subsequently you don't see it making news when prominent figures marry a different race as you would have before.

Have friends at Mizzou that know him and say it was somewhat known around campus, and that he's a good guy. Good for him.
What are the approval numbers of other races other than whites? It is an often over looked fact that there are more races than black and white.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT